• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ebola "out of control" in West Africa/Texas Maybe Cleveland?

The death toll in Africa is insignificant and you're talking about a third world continent. I certainly wouldn't want to contract ebola, but we're not looking at an Outbreak situation here. 

the 4,000 people who've died probably don't share your opinion about the word "insignificant."

why wait until it gets worse before taking caution? that just seems foolish.

To see the level of concern regarding Ebola, it's easiest to look at a graph since the first case. From Apr-Aug, a total of 2000 deaths which doesn't seem too concerning. But in a matter of 2 months that number doubled. Now it's an epidemic. As more people get infected, it exponentially puts more people at risk. They have been trying to quarantine this disease since first reported back in April so the line should nearly be a flat-line. The fact it's exploded shows how resilient this disease is and how difficult it is to contain. This is a very troubling trend.

2014-09-05Ebola.png

It would be hard to quarantine an entire flight when almost no one on the plane would have Ebola.

I do agree that they shouldn't let anyone traveling from West Africa on the plane in the first place. If they want to come to the states, they need to volunteer for a 21 day quarantine before they get on the plane.

You guys realize most travelers switch planes often before they reach any destination. It would be pretty easy to lose track of anyone that took a train to an airport out of the danger zone. You would have to close down the entire transportation system in Africa to keep everyone in the borders that could be a potential carrier of the virus.

You guys realize most travelers switch planes often before they reach any destination. It would be pretty easy to lose track of anyone that took a train to an airport out of the danger zone. You would have to close down the entire transportation system in Africa to keep everyone in the borders that could be a potential carrier of the virus.

i'm okay with that.

You should read the articles sometime, they have facts. Our Liberian friend entered the hospital on two occasions but was only admitted once when his symptoms triggered the doctors to believe he had ebola. Until then he had unprotected contact with the medical staff.

You should read the articles sometime, they have facts. Our Liberian friend entered the hospital on two occasions but was only admitted once when his symptoms triggered the doctors to believe he had ebola. Until then he had unprotected contact with the medical staff.

Uhh, she only had contact with him after he was isolated. And that was in the protective suit.

That's not what the CDC guy is saying though.  He's saying that at some point after the patient was in isolation the nurse became infected and they don't know when or how.

I hope they block flights as well. Not because I'm worried about an outbreak but because the panic and paranoia is widespread. Everyday there's a so called Ebola scare on a flight that turns out to be nothing. With flu season just around the corner, the disruption in aviation and traveling in general would just be too much.

Metro bus driver quarantined after passenger yells 'I have Ebola!'

And so it begins.  Outside of the crazies, I wonder if the health system will be able to handle the flu season, when many will be heading to the ER's thinking they have ebola.  Do hospitals just discount that they don't?  Or do they go in crisis mode on everyone that thinks they have it?

Being a vet of the Soviet threat era, I've done many, many chemical warfare exercises. The first rule of contamination containment is that you cannot remove your own contaminated PPE. If they don't have a strictly enforced process for stripping off the suits then there's no point in wearing them.