• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Padres getting calls on Street, Benoit

Chuck

Trading bedrosian for street would be a really bad idea. It might marginally improve the club now, but you're giving away a potential very solid pitcher that would be a part of this team for a long time.

this team is not enough of a contender to make that move

disagree. This team is a contender.

I would hesitate to trade bedrock because were thin on pitching. But for a yarbough type id be more open to it.

Regarding the overall talent in the Angels farm system...

The scout I talked to the other day about Cowart is a guy whose job it is to evaluate the entire Angels farm system for just this purpose, and his team is one that will be selling.

He has seen every Angels farm team in the past month.

He was not impressed. His opinion was the Angels best chances to make a deal are to take a bad contract because they have more money than talent to give.

That's why I can't see them getting any of the top targets on the trade market.

The scout I talked to the other day about Cowart is a guy whose job it is to evaluate the entire Angels farm system for just this purpose, and his team is one that will be selling.

He was not impressed. His opinion was the Angels best chances to make a deal are to take a bad contract because they have more money than talent to give.

Yep

So they are better off not making a trade and should focus on guys like Christian Garcia.

The Angels are better off not doing anything other than keeping tabs on the waiver wire. The one game playoff format essentially could make any big time acquisition the Angels make pointless. They're already in good position to win a wild card and another pitcher doesn't change that.

The only way a trade deadline acquisition would be advantageous is if it were the difference between passing the A's for 1st place (which I don't believe is the case). If the Angels are looking at landing a player that's under contract that can help them in the next couple of years , their best bet is to trade for said player in the offseason, when the price isn't inflated like it is at the deadline.

The Angels are better off not doing anything other than keeping tabs on the waiver wire. The one game playoff format essentially could make any big time acquisition the Angels make pointless. They're already in good position to win a wild card and another pitcher doesn't change that.

The only way a trade deadline acquisition would be advantageous is if it were the difference between passing the A's for 1st place (which I don't believe is the case). If the Angels are looking at landing a player that's under contract that can help them in the next couple of years , their best bet is to trade for said player in the offseason, when the price isn't inflated like it is at the deadline.

This offseason the Angels would be better off bribing the new commissioner into getting rid of the stupid two wild card / one game playoff format.

Edited by ScottLux

yep agree

It's amazing how many of you have given up on winning the division. Oakland has 3 less losses than we do.

Not quite the insurmountable deficit you guys make it out to be.

Amazing how many people think that because we are in a good shot to make the playoffs we should empty the farm.

It's amazing how many of you have given up on winning the division. Oakland has 3 less losses than we do.

Staying on the current win streak could change the division scenario around in a hurry.

The A's face the Marlins, Tigers, Blue Jays and Giants coming up...

Angels face the Royals, White Sox, Astros, Blue Jays

Oh, I haven't given up on anything, I just think there are guys out there that could be had for very little.  If the team really feels they need a closer not named Smith, then yeah, they will have to move in a different direction and have to spend some talent to obtain someone.

Oh, I haven't given up on anything, I just think there are guys out there that could be had for very little.  If the team really feels they need a closer not named Smith, then yeah, they will have to move in a different direction and have to spend some talent to obtain someone.

Then my comment doesn't apply to you

Dummy

The Angels have assets. 

They don't have a lot of prospects who are close to the majors, but offense at the major league level is the biggest concern for the Padres. The Angels have one of the better offensive teams in the majors. 

Alonso is hitting .210

Headley is hitting .199

Gyorko is hitting .162

Quentin is hitting .179

Those four are regulars on the Padres. Any of the Angels starting 8 would take the job from the Padre. I'm thinking any of the bench might be a regular in SD.

Getting a guy like Street will take a solid player, but if they will give up an offensive player, they should get back a left hander like Alex Torres. I'm not saying trade Cron, but it would be nice to have a lockdown option in the ninth inning.

The Angels have assets. 

They don't have a lot of prospects who are close to the majors, but offense at the major league level is the biggest concern for the Padres. The Angels have one of the better offensive teams in the majors. 

Alonso is hitting .210

Headley is hitting .199

Gyorko is hitting .162

Quentin is hitting .179

Those four are regulars on the Padres. Any of the Angels starting 8 would take the job from the Padre. I'm thinking any of the bench might be a regular in SD.

Getting a guy like Street will take a solid player, but if they will give up an offensive player, they should get back a left hander like Alex Torres. I'm not saying trade Cron, but it would be nice to have a lockdown option in the ninth inning.

we don't want alex torres. he gets wild. he had a nice year with TB and he's a decent to above avg. reliever, but the angels bullpen can't handle anymore guys who like to issue walks.