• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Padres getting calls on Street, Benoit

Chuck

If that's what it takes to improve the bullpen, I'd do it. We still have Morin and Alvarez. 

Street, Smith and Morin would be an incredible trio to close shit out. Jepsen, Santiago, Frieri and in the future Alvarez give us a solid BP. 

I agree with the last sentence there, but in 2016 and maybe 2015, Bedrosian would be the improvement over Street.

I don't see the disaster. Street is already what you hope Bedrosian becomes.

Exactly. 

We held on to the following prospects where all-star caliber players would have been obtained in the past...

Mathis, Wood, Saunders, Aybar, Kendrick, Santana, McPherson and Kotchman (ultimately we finally let him go before his stock sunk to 0 and got Teixeira). 

Would I like to hold onto Bedrock? Absolutely, but he shouldn't be a deal breaker, untouchable. Street is a proven closer and having a fantastic year, and HE'S CHEAP! 

To me it's more of a disaster worrying about that when there's a ring dangling in front of your nose. To waste this season for want of a closer would be a disaster.

We are living the effects of the "win now" disease.  2007, 2008, 2009 had that attitude... and when we didn't get the ring we were left with a barren organization.

We are living the effects of the "win now" disease.  2007, 2008, 2009 had that attitude... and when we didn't get the ring we were left with a barren organization.

One for one doesn't leave you barren and 2009 was totally worth going after even if they didn't win it.

The Padres are after hitters at the trade deadline.  If the Angels want Benoit, Street or both, it's going to cost a bounty of offensive players and that's simply something they don't have.

There's a match with either Lindsey or Yarbrough, because Headley's going to hit FA and Gyorko will move back to 3B so they'll need a 2B.  But given their abundance and the market, you'll see the Padres asking for a much higher price.  For either one of those relievers it's going to cost the Angels the likes of Cowart, Cron, Green, Yarbrough, Lindsey or Calhoun.  You can pretty much forget about the Angels parting ways with Cron, Green and Calhoun.  

That leaves Yarbrough, Lindsey and Cowart.  They'll only deal one second baseman, and that's likely going to be Yarbrough.  

So this is the deal, Yarbrough + Cowart for Street or Benoit.  However, almost any organization can match that and swoop in and offer more than the Angels.  They'll likely be forced to add a pitcher with upside.  I think you're looking at adding either Bedrosian, Elliot Morris, Nate Smith or Kyle McGowin.  Just for the sake of argument, let's say it's Elliot Morris. 

So Alex Yarbrough, Kaleb Cowart and Elliot Morris for Street.  

Is that a bounty we're all comfortable paying?  Because I'm sure as heck not. 

Edited by ScottyA_MWAH

I would not trade Bedrosian for Street, but I could see why others would. I would give up Sappington and Yarborough for him. I would like to expand the trade to include Headley.

Trades like this are what destroyed the Angels farm system.

I hope they don't make any trades.  Angels need to stop mortgaging the future.  No way they win the division, Oakland is too good so then you are just trying to win a one game playoff?  Forget about it.

Playing for the future is what the A's have been doing since 1989. If you want to wait a quarter century because a one game playoff scares you that's your prerogative. I see this season as wide open and for the taking.

And trading everything for a chance is what the Angels have done for the last six years.  You see where that got them.

Trades like this are what destroyed the Angels farm system.

I hope they don't make any trades.  Angels need to stop mortgaging the future.  No way they win the division, Oakland is too good so then you are just trying to win a one game playoff?  Forget about it.

Yeah, they're a whopping 4 games up on us with only 87 games left.

They're a juggernaut

And trading everything for a chance is what the Angels have done for the last six years.  You see where that got them.

Trading everything is a slight exaggeration considering we only mentioned Bedrosian for Street. Beane was allowed to punt the entire last half of the last decade and all it's gotten them is 4 games up in June. What are we afraid of? 

Trading everything is a slight exaggeration considering we only mentioned Bedrosian for Street. Beane was allowed to punt the entire last half of the last decade and all it's gotten them is 4 games up in June. What are we afraid of? 

So you are trading a young cost controlled reliever that could be with the team for at least six years for a guy that has 1.5 years on his contract?  Bedrosian has barely had a shot and people want to trade him cause he struggled coming up.

So you are trading a young cost controlled reliever that could be with the team for at least six years for a guy that has 1.5 years on his contract?  Bedrosian has barely had a shot and people want to trade him cause he struggled coming up.

No I want to trade him because he won't help this year. Judging by what they've done so far this season it seems to me that they see Alvarez as the closer in waiting. Street gets it done right now for not a lot of money and not a long commitment.