• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UFC Thread

Probably the worst fight on the card.....even the prelims.

Problem is Lesnar only has a GNP game and Hunt has no ground game at all. But Hunt can clip him. Lester's last few fights were really bad as he got dropped. He's just a big dude with some wrestling background, he can't fight for shit.

50 minutes ago, Steve Sanders said:

Probably the worst fight on the card.....even the prelims.

Problem is Lesnar only has a GNP game and Hunt has no ground game at all. But Hunt can clip him. Lester's last few fights were really bad as he got dropped. He's just a big dude with some wrestling background, he can't fight for shit.

He was never 100% healthy his last few fights. He had a bad medical condition but still fought from what I remember

No, he got punched in the face against Velasquez and against Overeem he got kicked in the body and in both situations he crumbled. Like Frank Mir just told some blog, his money is on Hunt because Lesnar doesn't like to get hit.

It's ok to admit it, he's just not very good. He's 5-3 and generally overmatched every fight because he doesn't have the skill. He looked good in the 2nd Mir fight, but Mir is notoriously known for showing up for fights when he wants and the entire time up to the fight, the walkout, and the fight he looked like he was there for a check.

He's not good either, just has one punch power to end a fight.

Like I said, worst match up on the entire card, including the prelims. Funny thing is I noticed they even bumped up the fight to one of the co-main event slots ahead of the Tate fight and Edgar/Aldo. Just silly.

21 minutes ago, nate said:

It is all about $ for the UFC.

I am pretty sure it is the same reason Lesnar is back, couldn't pass up the $.

I don't think it's about the money entirely. Watch or listen to the stone cold Steve Austin podcast where he interviews Brock. He goes in depth about his ufc career and stated he never would have left if it wasn't for his illness. He also stated he would love to have another shot at it now that he's healthy and sure enough he has another opportunity. 

It's the $ for all parties involved. Brock still has the record for biggest UFC buy rate of all time(UFC 100). Now the super card is going to have a commercial appeal to a casual audience or an audience that want to see what brock lesnar will do.  @Steve Sanders Agreed, this definitely has the potential to be a boring and sloppy fight, but even the other fighters on the card will admit the payday got much bigger with Brock's name on the posters.

Great question, ironically Forbes just came out with their top 100 paid athletes today. Only one MMA guy made the list, McGregor at #85....actually, he's the only guy to have ever made the list.

Their pay is speculative, but honestly, everyone's is. They have to disclose fight purses due to commission regulations, but that's not what they make. Include buys, bonuses, and endorsements and it mildly comes together to what Forbes has McGregor at with 18m a year.......which when you think about it, is on par with Lebron's Cavs salary, per year.

56 minutes ago, Steve Sanders said:

I see the WWF fan boys (c'mon dudes, you're adult males) are out in full force once Brock was listed.

And no, UFC 100 is not even close to the largest buy in UFC history. They hit their top three in just the past two years.

http://mma-manifesto.com/root/ufc-ppv-data-root/top-selling-ufc-ppvs-of-all-time.html

It's either that or 196 from what I've gathered through various listings of biggest UFC PPV's of all time. I'm no WWE guy, but he shifts the needle like a celebrity going in to fight and everyone wants to see what gives. Skill wise, it's an insult to put him ahead of ranked heavyweights such as Cain(who exposed and destroyed him for the title) on the card but they'll use curiosity to lure everyone and drive it to the bank. 

I'm not all that familiar with the pays as well, but I read how the Reebok deal kinda screwed everyone on the money they were making on endorsements and doesn't pay at all well. 

3 hours ago, Steve Sanders said:

I see the WWF fan boys (c'mon dudes, you're adult males) are out in full force once Brock was listed.

And no, UFC 100 is not even close to the largest buy in UFC history. They hit their top three in just the past two years.

Brock is going to be responsible for a lot ppv buys by himself. Dana had to do something big for Ufc 200 and he did by bringing back Lesnar. 

200 was already going to be huge, the entire card is legit, stacked, and even the prelims will be solid match ups.

I'd put the house on Lesnar, I didn't think he'd open a dog. Hell, it seems like betting on the dog in fights is the play.

I've always read 196 was the biggest draw in UFC history, but that list is kind of accurate. There is just a perfect storm of the quality of fights and McGregor moving the needle and bringing in people to the sport. You gotta remember, UFC is a private company so proceed with caution regarding numbers or take them with a huge grain of salt.

As for the Reebok deal, it's weird. I think for established fighters it's solid. For guys unknown, coming up, or below star profile it sucks....from what I gather. The UFC supposedly spreads the sponsor money to the fighters, but the commission based sales part favors big names as they get overrides when people buy named merchandise like McGregor or Rousey, etc. The little guy used to fund his fighting by sponsors, the banner before the fight, etc. But I don't know, the UFC makes it sound good for everyone, but they aren't not going to say that. Because it's a private company I feel like dudes get the shaft with regards to pay unless they bring in viewers like McGregor, Rousey, Lesnar. The whole McGregor thing though has brought a huge shift in the industry that seems to change every new fight. That estimated 4 billion dollar valuation that was recently floating around regarding selling the company is pretty fucking huge.

• 3 weeks later...

This card is so stacked that Johny Hendricks is the second main prelim fight.  

Man, I'm looking forward to this.  Can't wait to see Cormier/Jones.  I hope Jones beats the fuck out of Cormier.  Would love to see Edgar take Aldo, it might be the right time for Frankie.  I want to see Velasquez return to form.  Just a solid night of fights.  

1 hour ago, Glen said:

This card is so stacked that Johny Hendricks is the second main prelim fight.  

Man, I'm looking forward to this.  Can't wait to see Cormier/Jones.  I hope Jones beats the fuck out of Cormier.  Would love to see Edgar take Aldo, it might be the right time for Frankie.  I want to see Velasquez return to form.  Just a solid night of fights.  

I hope Cormier beats Jones to a pulp.