• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UFC Thread

I'm kinda glad rousey lost

Her head had gotten way too big, she needed to be humbled. Her classless antics were getting out of control

Eh, she is just trying to generate PPV views. Half of me kind of wonders if her losing was for the same reason.

But yeah, another MMA title belongs in ABQ!

I'm kinda glad rousey lost

Her head had gotten way too big, she needed to be humbled. Her classless antics were getting out of control

Like Thomas said, it's her schtick.  She got totally rocked though, that wasnt even close, from the second the fight started she was dominated.

She got dropped like a Bill Cosby smoothie.

I don't like her. The constant in your face confrontations at weigh-ins, always building up a chip on her shoulder, the disrespect of never touching gloves.

I had no idea Rhonda was from Riverside.

She was dropped like a used rubber.

She was dropped like...ah, that's the only one I have.  But yeah, textbook KTFO.  Stunned her with the punch to the face and immediately followed up with the kick.

A lot of people I know are happy about this.  

Just watched it in full from the link (last night you could essentially piece the fight together with all the gifs).

Rhonda even looked like she got a shot in there during the 1st round that dazed Holm.

She just looked gassed after the first time they went to the ground and chasing her around the ring. She kept eating Holm's left.

Seeing her try to get up afterwards reminded me of when they pull your wisdom teeth and you wake up from the knock out gas.

Dana White has to be pissed.  Rousey was the only fighter the UFC has that has appeal outside the sport, and most of that appeal (if not all of it) just vanished.  Nobody is going to be calling Rousey for "acting" cameos in their movies, nobody will be clamoring for her sparkling personality on talk shows.  Her appeal was based on being undefeated, and now that's gone.

Dana White has to be pissed.  Rousey was the only fighter the UFC has that has appeal outside the sport, and most of that appeal (if not all of it) just vanished.  Nobody is going to be calling Rousey for "acting" cameos in their movies, nobody will be clamoring for her sparkling personality on talk shows.  Her appeal was based on being undefeated, and now that's gone.

I don't know if I would go that far.  Granted I'm one of those that only will watch for Rousey.  But I didn't watch this fight, because I didn't want to pay for a quickie like the last 2.  

The buildup to the rematch will be huge.  I think Holm win or lose will retire after it.  She is 34, and should get a huge payday.  Rousey will be out for blood once she wakes up.  

I would not be suprised if they try to have the fight in some 90-100k stadium.  

Oh, and Rousey's mom is going to be pissed.  

Where would Ali be without Frazier? She was going to fade into obscurity without any interesting fights. Things just got interesting. Without the beating she took it'd be tempting to think fix.

I should clarify that I was thinking more about general UFC appeal.  Nobody who isn't already a UFC fan cares about Aldo/McGregor or Cormier/Jones.  Rousey is the most popular star the UFC has and much of her appeal was based on being undefeated.

Yeah, there will be some play with the redemption/rematch angle and when it happens I'm sure that will get a lot of PPV sales.  Hell, I could be wrong, this could be exactly what was needed.  

I could be wrong, but I feel like McGregor kind of has that casual fan appeal. He does a weird loud and brash mixed with respectful and humble.

I know no one is waiting for the next boxing match.

I disagree to a certain extent.

I know a lot of people waiting for the Alvarez and Cotto fight, including myself, but I consider myself a boxing fan.

I'm still in the air about paying for the McGregor fight. 

Edited by IEAngelsfan

I think McGregor Aldo will be boring just because Aldo is a boring fighter.  Hopefully McGregor rocks him.  Dude is pretty like able.  It is hard to find fighters that are fun to watch lately though.

The UFC has so many events now and so many fighters I feel like it is really watered down.  Used to be every couple months you got an epic card.

speaking as a very, very casual fan, i don't think one loss is going to doom rousey. she's very personable and the camera and the audience likes her quite a bit. 

besides, depending on how scripted any of this may be, having a rematch generates a ton of interest to see if she can regain her title or if the knockout just happened to be a fluke.

Eh, she is just trying to generate PPV views. Half of me kind of wonders if her losing was for the same reason.

But yeah, another MMA title belongs in ABQ!

If you think Rousey lost on purpose, you're less than a casual fan.

She lost because she obviously didn't take the threat of Holm seriously.  She looked out of shape, tired, and seriously out of control.  It started at the weigh-in, when she went ballistic for no reason.

It will be interesting to see how she responds to this beat-down.