• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UFC Thread

Joanna is so fast. Kind of fun to watch.

The fight is at 205, but Silva is fighting as a MW......I thought it was obvious, he didn't have a camp to prepare at 205. He might come in heavier than 185, but he is listed for the fight as a MW.

8 hours ago, Paul said:

Joanna is so fast. Kind of fun to watch.

The fight is at 205, but Silva is fighting as a MW......I thought it was obvious, he didn't have a camp to prepare at 205. He might come in heavier than 185, but he is listed for the fight as a MW.

Think he was up to 198 when they weighed, so I take he's just walking around at his normal weight.

Worst card I've seen in a while, but the most profitable for me.

Didn't watch the online fights, but see some surprises and upsets.

The undercard fights were the best. We were mixed on the Northcutt result, Gastellum, Pena, and Dillashaw results were standard. I had Cain and he was a dog that won me money.....pretty good fight, too. I thought Aldo/Edgar would be the best (said so earlier in the thread, it was the best, but kind of weak) and while it was, Aldo was simply better, but it didn't bring the action I thought it would. Aldo was like Mayweather and just defensive/counter like. DC was garbage like every other fight....I've never heard a bar and arena boo so hard during the fight and cheer so hard just to get them to stand up. DC got lucky, Jones would have smashed on him again. As mentioned before, Lesnar/Hunt was trash. I even called it where Lesnar couldn't fight, so he'd tackle him and all he does is hammer fist people. Just a terrible fight and looked like a legit money grab by Lesnar, Hunt, and the UFC for sales. Lastly, Nunes made me a shitload of money. Tate is bad and got lucky against Holm, seeing Nunes as such a dog was easy money. Tate even gave up to tap and didn't fight it.

A lot of changes, but just a poor event for a good card. The undercard was worth it, but the PPV part was a joke and I'm glad I didn't pay for it.  

ps. Props to McGregor wearing a dapper suit while Diaz rocked the Hanes white tee like he's from, well, Stockton.

2 hours ago, nate said:

Well Silva/DC was shit.  Cormier had 20 lbs on Silva and just laid on him for three rounds.  Silva was obviously way out of shape.  Too bad.

You mean 9" reach and Silva's walk in weight?

Fight was a joke. Like I said, Silva came in as a MW. 

Think it needed Diaz mcgregor. It definitely was missing those moments like the last UFC when hendo smashed that guy with the elbow to complete the rally and bisping pulling off the impossible. Overall pretty meh. Lawler is always in a war, so looking forward to 201 with woodley.

3 hours ago, Richard said:

Think it needed Diaz mcgregor. It definitely was missing those moments like the last UFC when hendo smashed that guy with the elbow to complete the rally and bisping pulling off the impossible. Overall pretty meh. Lawler is always in a war, so looking forward to 201 with woodley.

Pretty much.

The undercard was pretty good. TJ looked good, surprised Gastellum was superior, and Velasquez looked to be back and was solid. Seeing Sage get out of that arm bar was pretty crazy. I was hoping for more out of Aldo/Edgar.....their previous two fights were legit wars. Aldo looked really good though. Not a bad fight between dudes throwing blows.

The last three fights were just boring as shit. DC's fights are always terrible, but props to basically Silva walking in off the street to fight a much bigger dude....it was just an expected result, but boring to get there. Lesnar simply can't fight and we all knew it was going to play out like that because Hunt can't defend nor does he have a ground game. Lesnar simply feels pressure and because he's double the size of everyone else just tackles them and hammer fists. It's the most boring shit ever and takes no skill to out muscle everyone, let alone the fat guy in the division that is always gassed. Even at the end, Hunt shook his hand like, "Thanks for the pay day". But I can't be mad, this was always going to be a terrible match. Where we watched it everyone didn't care except kids that watch wrestling and some housewife looking chick that didn't know anyone but Lesnar. Tate isn't even overrated, she just simply got lucky against Holm. She always looks outmatched.

Nunes was the money pick. Boring overall fight card (granted it did have a bunch of adjustments), but easy money on the gambling side.

I'm guessing a power up in WoW and not a match between people of different weight classes.

catch·weight
ˈkaCHˌwāt,ˈkeCH-/
noun
historical
noun: catch-weight
  1. unrestricted weight in a wrestling match or other sporting contest.
    "a catchweight contest"