• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UFC Thread

Agree with how Dana White was being elusive about answering the fight. It was close, but I had Dillashaw winning. The weird aspect was the scoring.......48-47 (Cruz...ok, fight was close enough to warrant that)......and then two 49-46 calls for each fighter. How are two people watching the same fight and that off on each side? I thought it was a split, but both judges leaning heavily in both directions is weird.

Dana said Robbie Lawler had it even going into the 5th and that Dillashaw won the 5th. Sherdog has it as a split for TJ, too.

Great fight, just thought TJ pushed more and landed the more significant shots. Not going to be some slugfest, but a good technical fight. Would watch them fight again.

I thought Cruz had a very slight edge but I am a believer that if you are going to take the belt you have to finish your opponent.  Don't like the challenger winning the belt on a split decision.

I agree with that.  Close fight for sure but Cruz spent most of it avoiding punches, which is fine but not what I'd award a championship to.  Agree with Brandon on how varied the judges scores were.  When they read that I was all:

mitrione-eye-750.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

lol. that gif never gets old.

****ing a man, i'm more bummed than i think i should be. i love the shit out of mcgregor, he's a breathing self-help book/motivational/inspirational dude.

just weird. he's beating the shit out of diaz and then just seems to gas and starts taking shots with no guard up. i was worried about this.......i never had serious weight issues with wrestling, cutting, gaining, etc. but jumping up 35 pounds and two weight classes in 11 days is pretty sketchy. it was like he just instantly crumbled because when he took some shots and shook his head while blooding him up i thought he'd end up knocking him out at some point, but shit man, diaz hung in there and found a way to have his hand raised.....even though i think mcgregor lost the fight opposed to diaz winning it. mcgregor said on one of the late night shows he was going to end it with an uppercut or spinning heel to where he seemed to focus on trying to end it with those than just fighting to win. the good news is i won some solid coin because there was no money to be made on mcgregor and took a flyer on diaz strictly for value.

the funny thing is, what the hell does dana white do now?

his golden child loses to some inconsistent druggie trying to make a comeback and then his rousey rematch is ****ed up by tate who rouse destroyed twice.  (his posture and look on his face putting the belt on tate was classic)

Or maybe Mcgregor has no ground game.

Maybe he was at his right weight and just didn't cut.

Maybe it takes an insanely tough dude, let's face it, Diaz isn't overly built. Mentally though Nate is as much of a warrior as Mcgregor.

You guys just want to believe in the UFC marketing machine. Mcgregor is a UFC fighter with a WWF attitude and showmanship. It Sells.