• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UFC Thread

Where does ufc go now with Ufc 200 almost here? I'll admit I don't know much about it but their main 2 mainstream attractions just got beat

With St. Pierre being there last night I think they wanted a mcgregor/GSP fight for that event

naw, mcgregor's ground game, while not his forte, is fine. you saw it in the early exchanges when the two grappled and he held his own. he was already done. remember, he was the one that shot in and started the end of the fight.....when mcgregor shoots in there is something wrong, it's not his game. he was done. every time i went up in weight classes i got smoked (i'd be ok up one class but had mixed results, while the two times i went up two weight classes i got destroyed by bigger and stronger dudes) and that's what happened last night. except mcgregor was winning the fight up round one and the first half of round two.

because of the size difference mcgregor was head hunting all night, but swinging for the fences which isn't his fight and gassed out. to nate's credit, those shots he took would have ended fights at 145, but he took them. it was almost like mcgregor was surprised because most guys go down that he kept swinging for the fences and you can't do that and not get gassed. throw in the weight difference of moving up two weight classes....poor strategy. i honestly find it nuts anyone would move up two weight classes in 11 days. it's fair to diaz, but shit man, no one ever succeeds doing that and on short notice.

between what dana white has mentioned and others chiming in, looks like he said rouse-tate is next for that aspect. dana said diaz-lawler makes sense, but others have said diaz could fight alvarado and if he wins get another crack at dos anjos (who absolutely murdered diaz when they fought). for conor it's likely back to 145. aldo called him out which is hilarious being he turned down this fill in. i have yet to see anything about edgar, but he did the fox post show and i think dana white was there.....can't find the video though, just some tate and diaz footage.

this constantly happens in the sport these days and is pretty exciting shit where upsets happen and there is constant change within the ranks and future. there has to be someone out there that took some flyer parlay on tate and diaz....and made bank last night.

He's in between. He's mentioned fighting again, but kind of stopped but never officially retired....just kind of assumed by everyone since he's been out for awhile.

It's possible he comes back for a huge payday, who knows if he still has it. Been a long time since his last fight. Dana said he's in the conversation, but doesn't know if he wants to fight.

Here's an idea: have Rousey fight McGregor, and Diaz fight Tate.  Winners from each fight square off next.  But yeah, Dana White has to be pissed, although this does make McGregor's next belt defense much more interesting.  

Seriously though, totally surprised.  Excellent choke-out by Tate.  That was so well done.

Man, I wanted McGregor to win too.  Didn't get to see that one until this morning.  As much as I dislike Diaz you gotta hand it to him.  Dude can take a beating and bounce right back.  His face looked like Hannibal Lecter's as he was tearing off the skin mask.

He's in between. He's mentioned fighting again, but kind of stopped but never officially retired....just kind of assumed by everyone since he's been out for awhile.

It's possible he comes back for a huge payday, who knows if he still has it. Been a long time since his last fight. Dana said he's in the conversation, but doesn't know if he wants to fight.

GSP is sorta the Garret Anderson of UFC.  Might not be the most exciting to watch but gets the job done.  I think it's been too long out for him now to get back into it again.  I have no doubt about his conditioning but I think he'd have a hard time getting the edge back.

i think he had the long lay off because of some torn cal or mcl, so it wasn't like he just decided to stop fighting as he's been recovering from surgery. i never liked gsp because of his style (or maybe because he's french canadian), but respect the shit out of him and have grown to appreciate him. his fights are boring as shit but i appreciate the technical aspect of out pointing someone to a win.

i looked earlier and his last fight was at the end of 2013 and something his previous 4-5 fights were all 5 round decisions. dude's a legend, but should hang them up. but who knows, the applause and cheers he got from everyone when he was on the screen (both at the fight and where i watched it with 200-300 people) shows he can still pull a crowd for a good pay day. and with those pay days jumping up who knows. mcgregor was the first athlete to pull a disclosed mil guarantee yesterday, so pay days for guys that can draw are on the rise. gsp is one of those guys. 

McGregor is polarizing. I think there is a fine line between the arrogance of Rousey and the confidence of McGregor, but understand it's the same thing to most. Whether McGregor wins or loses he is class after every fight and towards his opponent while someone like Rousey is so distraught they aren't the best that they contemplate suicide. If anything I like McGregor even more with how he's handled the loss.

He follows the same and similar self help books/techniques I got into many years ago and you have to take your belief of greatness to a different level which always rubs people the wrong way....not to mention the prefight shit is all showmanship and selling fights.

The Diaz brothers are talented, but essentially dumb bros. I looked at Diaz fight history and the amount of losses to no names or poor fighters is astounding. They always just talk shit and are punks, doing drugs and partying instead of being as dedicated to being great like others....hence why Diaz called out McGregor hoping to get paid because everyone knows they are getting 500k minimum for fighting Conor.

I've really followed McGregor career and indulged in everything about him. I think he's inspirational from his background to his dedication (there is some YouTube about his start in Ireland that is eye opening), heck, even his outside the box training like working with Ido Portal (Carlos Condit started working with someone similar).

I'm actually pretty curious how Conor may change or how he will come out in his next fights. He backed his shit up and could afford to talk the talk while being at the top. Having that fall from grace, I can't imagine the social media posts about suits and cars or his tone of greatness. I guess we shall see.

Rousey is way more arrogant than McGregor.  No doubt.  He is a stand up dude and he is funny.  I just think he can be kind of a douche.  Still, of all the dudes in the UFC he definitely is really far on the likeable scale compared to others.  I just have not become a huge fan of his like others have.

I hope DC kicks the shit out of Jones but I am not holding my breath.

I used to really like Jon Bones Jones until he got all that money, abused drugs and turned into a complete dick. 

It's amazing what a little money and fame can do to people. He used to be a stand up guy, pretty religious. 

I also think this weekend was great for the UFC. At first I thought in terms of matches and how the losses hurt potential draws, but really it spreads out the fights because now the underdog winners will pull.

But the main thing is because this weekend was slow, it was the main sports story of the weekend and even today sites have up the same news stories. What's huge is even sites or pages that don't write about the UFC or talk about it are now....just going down FB, there are workout or random pages I follow that wrote or are sharing articles from the event. When you start brining ing in new fans or hooking the casual ones the sport is going to get bigger.

I disagree on Rousey v Mcgregror arrogance vs pride rhetoric here.

Rousey is a champion. She's been one her whole life, as she worked on her discipline. It becomes a mindset. She also is a woman, which means she's endured skepticism and gender biases her whole life. She has to be arrogant to survive. But in the interviews I hear her, she is also very humble. She isn't spinning challenges every time she opens her mouth.

She will crush Tate again and regain the championship. Whether that is good or bad I don't know.

Mcgregor is worse than a douche. He's a colostomy bag. Don't give me this wins with respect horseshit. Anyone can spin one line that makes them sound humble but then drop 18 paragraphs calling people pussies and fück faces.

Arrogance sells anyway. GSP and Spider were as dominant as it gets for a very long time but those guys have no charisma and no ability to play the heel well. They still drew box office and had minor antics in the ring but nothing like McGregor.

I thought this weekend was great for the UFC. It was Buster Douglas knocking out Tyson all over again. It was awesome.

Naw, their styles are same with grappling and Rousey is better on the ground. But Tate made one mistake that cost her last fight that can be corrected.

But as you saw this weekend, who knows.

I guess this is the reason I'm really digging UFC. You just never know. So much different than Boxing where the projected winner typically always wins.

I love a good upset, going for the underdog. 

• 4 weeks later...