• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UFC Thread

If you think Rousey lost on purpose, you're less than a casual fan.

She lost because she obviously didn't take the threat of Holm seriously.  She looked out of shape, tired, and seriously out of control.  It started at the weigh-in, when she went ballistic for no reason.

It will be interesting to see how she responds to this beat-down.

I agree that she may not have taken Holm seriously.

I will add that Holm had a had a perfect fight plan and used Rousey's aggression against her perfectly.  Holm exposed Rousey's weakness which is her stand up, especially against someone like Holm who is an excellent striker.

If Rousey is serious about regaining the crown, she'll have to revamp her fight plan completely. She'll have to try to grapple with Holm and win by submission because she's not going to do it by striking with Holm.

If you think Rousey lost on purpose, you're less than a casual fan.

She lost because she obviously didn't take the threat of Holm seriously.  She looked out of shape, tired, and seriously out of control.  It started at the weigh-in, when she went ballistic for no reason.

It will be interesting to see how she responds to this beat-down.

No, generating PPV views which I said...  Such as spending so much time promoting the fight on TV and such.  

• 4 weeks later...

Still in shock. I remember Connor coming up with that gay ass man bun. I've been around since the sports inception in the early 90's and can't recall someone literally going up the ladder and at the same time calling people out and when the fight will end taking everyone down (Tank Abbott?), it's just insane.

Both main events were ridiculous, for different reasons.  Watching McGregor do his douchebag moves before the fight made me want him to lose so much, but it wasn't to be.  He's the new Rousey: wins his fights convincingly but damn, I can't wait for him to be knocked out.  Watching Weidman get pummeled after making one mistake was brutal.  At the end of the third round I had the feeling Rockhold was holding back a bit, waiting for Dean to end the fight.  However, he may have just been gassed.  

The Romero/Souza fight was also interesting.  I wanted Souza to win just because of the stupid alligator thing he does (and I liked that during his walkup he had a guy behind him whose only job, apparently, was to do the alligator) but as soon as Romero did the backflip I switched loyalty.  I'm superficial like that.  

I think very differently between Rouse and McGregor....he's too respectful that you know he's just promoting. Maybe it's that fine line between confidence and arogance. I get it though, like how Kobe Bryant is intolerable but that's what makes him great....the all time greats have a certain mindset they need to be in.

Plus, what Connor wrote having followed him really defines his character for me:

Conor McGregor

Thank you for all the kind messages! 

I am extremely grateful and proud to be in the position I am in. 

To the naked eye it was 13 seconds, but to my team and my family it has been a lifetime of work to get to that 13 seconds. 

Congratulations to the staff at the UFC on a historic week in the sports history and an amazing 2015 for the company. 

It is an honor to be playing a part in this great companies continued growth and success and an honor to top off a phenomenal week in the sports history. 

Thank you to all the fans who travelled and made this week what it was!! 

The traveling Irish are untouchable when it comes to creating the atmosphere needed to make a week like this what it was!! 

I am forever blown away by the support of my country. We have changed the game forever!!! 

Respect to a great champion in Jose Aldo. The true greats will always overcome adversity. 

I wish him and his loyal team well on their journey back. Much respect. 

Thank you all!!!

• 3 weeks later...