• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Mark Mulder to minor league deal

Jammer36

This looks like the Chad Cordero signing, version 2.0.  This team does not have enough AAA SP depth, so among other things, you can expect Dipoto to address this need.  Mark Mulder, that'd help solve that problem.

As far as him being a major leaguer, we're either looking at the story of the year or a team torpedoed by an onslaught of injuries. 

That sums it up pretty well for me.

This looks like the Chad Cordero signing, version 2.0. This team does not have enough AAA SP depth, so among other things, you can expect Dipoto to address this need. Mark Mulder, that'd help solve that problem.

As far as him being a major leaguer, we're either looking at the story of the year or a team torpedoed by an onslaught of injuries.

Mulder will be a good mentor and another coach basically for the AAA guys.

Here's the story

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/10228781/los-angeles-angels-sign-pitcher-mark-mulder-minor-league-contract

"Mark chose the Angels because he has an opportunity to compete for a spot in the starting rotation. Along with the Angels being a championship-caliber club, that made it a good fit,'' said agent Brian Charles of Big League Management Company.

I don't understand all of the "good story" sentiment... I could care less - I'm only looking for a championship ball club...

Having said that - I like the zero risk approach... A looooong time ago, I was a big fan of Mulder.... but make him prove he's capable...

Here's the story

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/10228781/los-angeles-angels-sign-pitcher-mark-mulder-minor-league-contract

"Mark chose the Angels because he has an opportunity to compete for a spot in the starting rotation. Along with the Angels being a championship-caliber club, that made it a good fit,'' said agent Brian Charles of Big League Management Company.

championship caliber?  looks like he's still supposedly living in 2009.

I don't understand all of the "good story" sentiment... I could care less - I'm only looking for a championship ball club...

Having said that - I like the zero risk approach... A looooong time ago, I was a big fan of Mulder.... but make him prove he's capable...

It's a good story if he can make it back and be of help to the team. Odds are heavily against it though and the Halos are obviously not relying on him

Weav

CJ

Richards

Skaggs

Santiago

Blanton

...and are still heavily interested in Tanaka with Garza/Maholm/Capuano, etc as fallback options

Edited by bloodbrother