• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Mark Mulder to minor league deal

Jammer36

My solution cost us three prospects and then signed with the Dodger. My next solution is Tanaka. I think that Dipoto is completely out of touch with the cost of solid starting pitching.

So, you're fine with spending whatever it takes to get Tanaka and you won't ever be heard to complain about his contract if he fails to live up to whatever lofty expectations you and others will place on him based on the dollars he makes?  Don't get me wrong -- if you see Tanaka as the best option, that's fine, that would be my first choice currently too.  But, I won't pin my hopes on it happening and you won't catch me whining about his contract if he implodes.

Also, if time travel were an option there were plenty of things that could have been done that wouldn't have required 150+ million or cost us ONE prospect to obtain Grienke.  Warm bodies don't count as prospects and if you think that either of those guys is a prospect then I'd argue that Mark Mulder is a really old prospect.

Edited by Inside Pitch

If you look back at the old board you could clearly see that I was all in for Darvish and many people laughed about it. Darvish is a top 5 pitcher today and I think Greinke would have been our Ace. I also think that Tyler Skaggs has control issues and gives up the longball. He might not pan out like some believe. Corbin is the guy I would have preferred for instant help. Skaggs might take another two years to get to that level and that's ify.

If you look back at the old board you could clearly see that I was all in for Darvish and many people laughed about it. Darvish is a top 5 pitcher today and I think Greinke would have been our Ace. I also think that Tyler Skaggs has control issues and gives up the longball. He might not pan out like some believe. Corbin is the guy I would have preferred for instant help. Skaggs might take another two years to get to that level and that's ify.

Well, I was for the Grienke trade, was for signing him -- but chicks love the long ball and we ended up with a RFer we didn't need -- neither one of us can change whats happened.

About Skaggs, are you basing this idea that he wiill give up a lot of HRs on his 68 innings in MLB as oppposed to the 498 innings he's thrown in the minors and posted a HR/9 rate of 0.6?  Pat Corbin posted a HR/9 rate of 0.7 in the minors.  As a 22 year old he posted a HR/9 rate of 1.2 in MLB, last year as a 23 year old he lowered that to 0.8.    2014 will be Skaggs age 22 season -- while we can't really use Corbin's success and apply it to Skaggs, there is pretty good reason to believe that Skiaggs will improve on what he's done based on his minor league numbers.

But since you think Skaggs might be a year or two away, and since we currently don't have Tanaka signed and don't know if we ever will, I don't understand what you see as the downside to signing a Maholm and or Capuano to protect the team from having to turn to Blanton or a AAAA pitcher if the pitching tanks.

Would you rather not sign anyone if they can't get Tanaka? 

Edited by Inside Pitch

1. Who in the hairy f**k laughed at you for wanting Darvish? I think a lot of people here wanted Darvish, myself included.

2. There was absolutely no way the Angels were ever going to land Corbin.

3. Skaggs is only 22 and has an epic amount of potensh. Of course he "might not pan out". Darvish could have signed here and then gotten shot in the arm with a rocket launcher.

1. Who in the hairy f**k laughed at you for wanting Darvish? I think a lot of people here wanted Darvish, myself included.

2. There was absolutely no way the Angels were ever going to land Corbin.

3. Skaggs is only 22 and has an epic amount of potensh. Of course he "might not pan out". Darvish could have signed here and then gotten shot in the arm with a rocket launcher.

Otherwise known as "getting Butchered". In the extreme.