• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels believe they have the pieces to acquire Price

Scott34

Say the Angels give up Richards, Trumbo and Kendrick, which is pretty much what it would take.

This doesn't make the angels a contender at all. It makes them a 2nd place team and ****ed for the next 5-10 years. 

That's how I see it.

Edited by Poozy

I wouldn't trade for Price unless they are really looking to top the luxury tax.  

The Angels lack the depth to be anything other than fringe contenders -- if they trade what little they have for Price they will be banking on everything going right which rarely happens.  I much prefered the other trade scenarios Chuck posted.  Not that they were better so much as they allow for the team to get something they can build with.

I still hope they find a couple league average guys and run with that.  I wouldn't mind them being sellers at the deadline either.

I think Chuck is just over all the pessimistic bullshit here. Sure we have had a tough couple years, but we aren't the Cubs. Every single trade or signing or non tender turns into how awful the organization has become. It's ridiculous.

Anyways. Get Price

And that's reasonable. I'm sure it sucks for Chuck to come onto his site everyday and see negativity. 

Speaking for myself, I'm just disappointed with how last season played out and the recent Bourjos trade. Once ST comes around though, I'll be ecstatic for the season and nothing else will really matter. 

1. I think is cute that some feel we have the pieces to land price. The rays have never made a big deal for players so close to arbitration. Trumbo is a classic player the rays feel would be overpaid in arbitration. Perhaps they feel Trumbo could have a breakout year for them in 2014 and then they can move them before he got really expensive later in arbitration. Basically counting on their staff to get Angel players to produce at a far higher level than they did with the Angels. That's really encouraging!

2. The baseline to sign price to an extension would be a Zack Grinke deal.

Edited by YouthofToday

I'm usually fairly positive regarding Angels baseball.  I know I've been labeled "superfan" and "nutswinger" in the past.  This off season has gotten me fairly riled up though.  I normally don't care for the negativity at all.  I still don't like to swim through thirty threads of complaining but I get the frustration right now.

I think what makes it worse is when certain people come on here and act like the folks who aren't happy with what has/hasn't transpired are somehow stupid or clueless.  That, more than anything, has caused a lot of the angst in on these forums lately.

That or being labeled chronic complainers or people who are never happy.  Also overstating opinions is something that drives me batty.  

Not sure if any of you read the rest of the article, but these two portions were interesting to me:

"Rival officials told Yahoo Sports the Rays aren't necessarily inclined to go strictly for a package of young players, either. Were a team to offer an established major league player with a team-friendly contract as the headliner, the Rays have indicated they would consider that sort of a deal as well."

and

"Because they have few apparent weaknesses, Tampa Bay is expected to enter negotiations without targeting a specific position, though officials believe they'll want at least one major league-ready pitcher to join a rotation with Alex Cobb, Matt Moore, Chris Archer and Jeremy Hellickson."

So, assuming both of those statements to be true (which is a big assumption, obviously), seems like Richards would have to be included in any deal, plus a Kendrick or Trumbo--and then I imagine more beyond that.

Not sure if any of you read the rest of the article, but these two portions were interesting to me:

"Rival officials told Yahoo Sports the Rays aren't necessarily inclined to go strictly for a package of young players, either. Were a team to offer an established major league player with a team-friendly contract as the headliner, the Rays have indicated they would consider that sort of a deal as well."

and

"Because they have few apparent weaknesses, Tampa Bay is expected to enter negotiations without targeting a specific position, though officials believe they'll want at least one major league-ready pitcher to join a rotation with Alex Cobb, Matt Moore, Chris Archer and Jeremy Hellickson."

So, assuming both of those statements to be true (which is a big assumption, obviously), seems like Richards would have to be included in any deal, plus a Kendrick or Trumbo--and then I imagine more beyond that.

So the Angels would literally have no depth at all. They'd be a 3rd place team again.

So the Angels would literally have no depth at all. They'd be a 3rd place team again.

I've seen you post this a few times now.  What do you what Jerry to do exactly?  What would you be happy with?  Many here don't want him to sign a premium SP like Ubaldo because he would have to give up a first round draft pick.  Many here don't want him trading any of our players.  How he is supposed to get 2 good SP if he can't trade or sign them?  How in the hell does he manage to improve the team without either of these?????????

It would likely take something like Trumbo, Richards, Lindsey, Borenstein, and Morin.

As good as Price is, he could be gone in 2 years.

Think Grienke trade exponentially.

No thank you

A lot of reports are stating that teams want a an extension negotiating window with him in any trade.  So likely, if the Angels did in fact pull of a trade for him, Dipoto would either sign him to an extension or the deal is off.

Edited by beatlesrule

I think Chuck is just over all the pessimistic bullshit here. Sure we have had a tough couple years, but we aren't the Cubs. Every single trade or signing or non tender turns into how awful the organization has become. It's ridiculous.

Anyways. Get Price

Which is totally understandable and fine, but at the other end of the spectrum I don't want to get posts deleted during the season when I say Scioscia is a moron for starting some idiot like Steve Finley, Joe Blanton, or Edgardo Alfonzo over and over again as the team falls deeper and deeper out of contention. 

Also fans are allowed to be upset with this franchise and just because we're not the most cursed franchise in the history of sports isn't a reason why not.  It's been four years that this franchise has been awful despite spending a shit load of money.  If you're not allowed to be pessimistic about that than you belong on Sesame Street. 

and

Again I'm not saying it would be easy or wise to try and acquire Price but part of the solution for the Angels would be to enter a 3-team trade where Trumbo is sent to the Rays and one or more of Aybar, Kendrick and Iannetta are sent to another team who then provides the other pieces/propsects that the Rays want. I seriously doubt we have the prospects the Rays want so a multi-team trade would be the only way for this to get accomplished in my opinion (and my opinion concludes that our long-term future would be damaged too much by doing this).

I'm usually fairly positive regarding Angels baseball.  I know I've been labeled "superfan" and "nutswinger" in the past.  This off season has gotten me fairly riled up though.  I normally don't care for the negativity at all.  I still don't like to swim through thirty threads of complaining but I get the frustration right now.

I think what makes it worse is when certain people come on here and act like the folks who aren't happy with what has/hasn't transpired are somehow stupid or clueless.  That, more than anything, has caused a lot of the angst in on these forums lately.

That or being labeled chronic complainers or people who are never happy.  Also overstating opinions is something that drives me batty.  

this is exactly where i'm at. 

Honestly, as sweet as it would be to have Price, I really don't think the Angels have "the pieces" to get him. Every one of those teams have much better prospects to offer and Jerry would come in with a Trumbo, Kendrick and Cron "package" and get laughed out of the room.

This.

The Rays aren't looking for players already signed to major money deals. They are looking for guys at or near the major league level with team-friendly contracts who will either contribute directly or serve as trade pieces for other similar acquisitions.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I've seen you post this a few times now.  What do you what Jerry to do exactly?  What would you be happy with?  Many here don't want him to sign a premium SP like Ubaldo because he would have to give up a first round draft pick.  Many here don't want him trading any of our players.  How he is supposed to get 2 good SP if he can't trade or sign them?  How in the hell does he manage to improve the team without either of these?????????

Well I've been all for Tanaka + a number 4 starter. I think one of Trumbo or Kendrick could bring in fringe 3 or 4 type pitcher.

I know it's easier said than done, though. 

Teams with depth can make big moves for guys like Price.