• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels believe they have the pieces to acquire Price

Scott34

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--mariners--dodgers--angels-amongst-possible-trade-destinations-for-rays--david-price-013232956.html

"The Seattle Mariners, Los Angeles Dodgers, Los Angeles Angels, Pittsburgh Pirates, Texas Rangers, Arizona Diamondbacks and Toronto Blue Jays are among the teams that not only have an interest in Price but believe they can put together the sort of package to pry Price from the Rays, sources said."

Please don't do it, Jerry.  We are all begging you.

Honestly, as sweet as it would be to have Price, I really don't think the Angels have "the pieces" to get him. Every one of those teams have much better prospects to offer and Jerry would come in with a Trumbo, Kendrick and Cron "package" and get laughed out of the room.

Ya, I mean it would take a team like the Rangers, what 30 seconds to blow away the best the Angels can offer?

If by pieces they mean Mark Trumbo, Howie Kendrick, a truckload of cash to make Kendrick & Trumbo virtually free and then add it Kaleb Cowart on top of all that......

Then sure, we might have enough pieces not to be laughed at and hung up on immediately.  Still wouldn't get us Price but at least we'd save face a little. 

I'm really not seeing how we have the pieces to get him. 

It's been said several times now, but the Rays are going to want prospects or possibly some players who have a bunch of service time left. 

What's the best we can offer? Trumbo, Lindsey, Sappington, Maronde, Cowart? I don't think the Rays would take that and I wouldn't want to give that up. Our farm system would beyond awful. 

For Matt Garza(and 2 other guys), the Cubs gave up:

RHP Chris Archer, SS Hak-Ju Lee, OF Brandon Guyer, C Robinson Chirinos, OF Sam Fuld.

Garza did have 1 more of team control than Price though.

For James Shields(who had the same 2 years as Price does), Wade Davis(who is under possible team control for a while, but is a failed starter/quality reliever), and random utility guy PTBNL Eliot Johnson, the Royals gave up:

OF Wil Myers, RHP Jake Odorizzi, LHP Mike Montgomery, and 3B Patrick Leonard

Unless the market for a pitcher like Price is weirdly depressed from this time last year, I'm not sure why the Angels would seriously think they have a shot here.

It's been said several times now, but the Rays are going to want prospects or possibly some players who have a bunch of service time left. 

Link? 

I find it hilarious that people here seem to know what the Rays are looking for.  Has their GM stated that?  Has Maddon said he only wants young talent?  Have the Rays publicly stated they don't want Trumbo or Kendrick or any of our prospects?  Yeah, I didn't think so.  Let's what for some actual FACTS before we start freaking out that no team wants our players.  NO ONE here has any idea what Tampa Bay is looking for.

Edited by beatlesrule

Link? 

I find it hilarious that people here seem to know what the Rays are looking for.  Has their GM stated that?  Has Maddon said he only wants young talent?  Have the Rays publicly stated they don't want Trumbo or Kendrick or any of our prospects?  Yeah, I didn't think so.  Let's what for some actual FACTS before we start freaking out that no team wants our players.  NO ONE here has any idea what Tampa Bay is looking for.

Look at jsheps post before you decide to get all angry. 

They haven't shown anything in the past that says they want players like Howie or Trumbo in a trade. 

Edited by Angels_Baseball

Link? 

Do you know what "common sense" is? I assume you do, which makes this rant completely pointless.

I don't think we have the pieces. So, if we did happen to find a way to bring him on, is there any chance in the world this board wouldn't shit all over the trade, because the price would be too damn high. Not that he isn't worth the price, but considering what we have in the minors, we would have less than nothing left. If we happen to give up Howie and Trumbo plus whatever prospects we have to them for Price, I would love to see Zobrist come to Anaheim as well.

A lot depends on if they can resign Loney to a contract ... if that happens then there is no chance. It might take a package of Trumbo and Richards and then some to get into the Price sweepstakes. I think the Angels will try to get Price but the competition will be fierce.

Rays are in the win now mode so I believe Trumbo will be a big chip to throw into the pot for Price.

I don't think we have the pieces. So, if we did happen to find a way to bring him on, is there any chance in the world this board wouldn't shit all over the trade, because the price would be too damn high. Not that he isn't worth the price, but considering what we have in the minors, we would have less than nothing left. If we happen to give up Howie and Trumbo plus whatever prospects we have to them for Price, I would love to see Zobrist come to Anaheim as well.

I wouldn't want Price because of what we would have to give up. He's a fantastic pitcher but the price will be too high. 

I think it will cost the Angels Richards and Trumbo along with a couple good prospects. 

I've said in the past that Richards shouldn't be the piece that holds up a trade, but upon further thought trading him makes zero sense whatsoever. He's literally the only MLB ready, cost-controlled starter they have who actually has some sort of potential and for a team that is supposedly coveting those pieces this offseason, trading theirs would be stupid.

Not that I wouldn't want Price over Richards.