• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

For those who support the trade

Scott34

Couple questions:

A) Do you not care about a farm system?

B ) Why do you like David Freese statistically speaking?

C) Where do you think we are going to fill the 2-3 holes in the rotation?

D) Did you think our defense was good last year?

As I tweeted a little earlier:

Text from a family member of an Angel: "He [Dipoto] is so bad. We give no young players a chance."

I am rooting for Freese and Salas, but this smells Wellsian.

Grichuk isn't a throw-in.

Clearly, Bourjos was not going to get us a good SP.  We needed a 3rd baseman.  There were not many available.  Yes, we also need SP but if Dipoto could have gotten a good SP for Bourjos, don't you think he would have?  Obviously, our pitching staff saw something in Salas and didn't think much of the prospect we traded.  I am more pissed about Dipoto trading away Segura than I am about Bourjos.

On a separate note, can someone tell me how to enable the spell check for this site?  For some reason, it's gone here and I want it back haha.

I look at it as gaining Calhoun as a full time player, instead of a PB-Calhoun platoon next year.

Scioscia has never been very good at playing the right guy when he has a choice between 2.

I am excited to see Kole play every day.

Edited by Homebrewer

Meh, It's not a bad deal for either team. Grichuk is not some type of uber-prospect from what i gather.. He can't take a walk to save his life, and his upside might be a 4th OF who can PH vs lefties. Thinking he's some trade-chip that was wasted that could have gotten David Price or another ace is clueless.

Petey was the Angels 4th OFer. He was traded for a starting 3B, which was needed. They both have one really good year mixed in with some meh years and a bunch of injury-riddles years.

It's kinda a wash, IMO. It makes sense for both sides, which is why, of course, they actually completed the deal.

I look at it as gaining Calhoun as a full time player, instead of a PB-Calhoun platoon next year.

Scioscia has never been very good at playing the right guy when he has a choice between 2.

That's about one of the only positives I see so far with this trade.

Meh, It's not a bad deal for either team. Grichuk is not some type of uber-prospect from what i gather.. He can't take a walk to save his life, and his upside might be a 4th OF who can PH vs lefties. Thinking he's some trade-chip that was wasted that could have gotten David Price or another ace is clueless.

Petey was the Angels 4th OFer. He was traded for a starting 3B, which was needed. They both have one really good year mixed in with some meh years and a bunch of injury-riddles years.

It's kinda a wash, IMO. It makes sense for both sides, which is why, of course, they actually completed the deal.

Funny how this 3B they needed is no better than a 3B they had just half a year ago. Way to fill a position in need.

That's about one of the only positives I see so far with this trade.

My belief ( hope) is that Kole, playing every day, makes people wonder why they they were so upset about losing PB.

except PB wasn't a 4th OF.

My belief ( hope) is that Kole, playing every day, makes people wonder why they they were so upset about losing PB.

I don't get the logic that, in order to make room for Calhoun (not a bad idea), you make an awful deal for Bourjos (a terrible idea)....why not just wait until you get a better offer....work on something else, wait till spring but don't a dumb thing just because you want to get Calhoun in the lineup...

When Calhoun splits time with JB Shuck you will be wishing PB wasn't traded. 

Edited by HBMike

I don't get the logic that, in order to make room for Calhoun (not a bad idea), you make an awful deal for Bourjos (a terrible idea)....why not just wait until you get a better offer....work on something else, wait till spring but don't a dumb thing just because you want to get Calhoun in the lineup...

Not sure I get the logic of PB suddenly becoming an all-star next year, yet Freese is toast and will never return to what he was just a year ago. 

I always thought PB was highly over-rated by most Angel fans.

Not sure I get the logic of PB suddenly becoming an all-star next year, yet Freese is toast and will never return to what he was just a year ago. 

I always thought PB was highly over-rated by most Angel fans.

I don't want to speak for anyone here, but it seems like most that disagree with the trade aren't upset at the fact that PB was traded its the return and the seeming lack of logic behind the move. We added money, when supposedly the team isn't willing to spend much, and didn't address the number one priority which is improving the pitching staff. I know It's only the first move and theres still plenty of move to be made im sure. I just don't see this as a good start. Less money to spend with at least 2 rotation spots open and possibly 3 bullpen spots to fill.

I don't mind the PB for Freese swap, as even though PB was one of my favorite Angels, he was coming off a down year and traded for a down year 3B.

Both players are injury prone. If they had got one of the Cardinals minor league starters like Tim Cooney, instead of Salas, it would be a win for the Angels even though they gave up Grichuck.

In three years, if PB does well, they'll resign him and let Holliday go and have a major league of of Grichuck, Bourjos, Tavares. 

Salas is not the type of pitcher that Grichuck should have returned. They needed a AA starter with upside.

I don't want to speak for anyone here, but it seems like most that disagree with the trade aren't upset at the fact that PB was traded its the return and the seeming lack of logic behind the move. We added money, when supposedly the team isn't willing to spend much, and didn't address the number one priority which is improving the pitching staff. I know It's only the first move and theres still plenty of move to be made im sure. I just don't see this as a good start. Less money to spend with at least 2 rotation spots open and possibly 3 bullpen spots to fill.

This is how I feel, and now the Angels have two less trading chips to acquire said pitching.

I am not a supporter of this trade, but I will say that the furor that is happening would likely be less if this trade were the last that occurred this offseason.  Put another way, if DiPoto had already made a trade of Trumbo for a pitcher (and we were happy with the return) and Kendrick for a pitcher (and we were happy with the return), and had potentially signed a vet coming off an injury....would we be AS angry with this deal.  I don't like the deal, but it's the first significant move and it has come with a resounding thud.  Hopefully, there are better results to come.