• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

My condolences to the AngelsWin.com members who were rooting for Los Doyers

I have serious doubts that Detroit is a championship team. Redfux have two shots and I think it will be over today. I hope I am wrong. The Cards are head and shoulders above both AL teams. I just hope we don't see all of the borderline calls going one way as they seem to do. Go Cards!

I still don't buy the hanley thing being intentional. But, im sure we'll hear about it for years.

that, and the if only we had kemp thing. Yes, a healthy kemp would have been a boost. But he was a non factor all year. Same as billingsly. They dominated for 3 months, and again against the braves. It didn't seem needed at that point.

6 Billion dollar TV contract should help them out a little.

They've got money, no doubt. But that contract pays them roughly 250 a year. After they resign kershaw, they're looking at close to 300 a year in payroll, not including the tax and overhead.

They don't have a blank check. Theyre gonna feel it the same way the skanks and sux felt it.

But the main point being, pitching aside, the long term contracts of their position players is gonna come back and haunt them. As it already is, agon is no longer the hitter he was with the pads. Crawford is a shell of who he was. Ethier is well past prime, and kemp still needs to show he's more of the 2011 guy than the 09 guy.

All those guys are being paid big, and all have at least another 4 years.

They've got money, no doubt. But that contract pays them roughly 250 a year. After they resign kershaw, they're looking at close to 300 a year in payroll, not including the tax and overhead.

They don't have a blank check. Theyre gonna feel it the same way the skanks and sux felt it.

But the main point being, pitching aside, the long term contracts of their position players is gonna come back and haunt them. As it already is, agon is no longer the hitter he was with the pads. Crawford is a shell of who he was. Ethier is well past prime, and kemp still needs to show he's more of the 2011 guy than the 09 guy.

All those guys are being paid big, and all have at least another 4 years.

Gonzalez and Crawford contracts won't hurt the team financially. These are still above average players who play a big part in their line up . Kemp needs to get healthy and still has star potential. I think Either will be traded in the off season with the Dodgers eating some of that contract. 

I don't think the Dodgers have as much to worry about as you may think.

btw anything east of Alburquerque is East coast for me. :P

Come on, you've trolled better before.

Here are some tips for improvement:

1. Double check the spelling of Albuquerque.

2. Don't be so obvious. Even if you divide the US in half, Albuquerque is still on the West. Next time say Kansas City.

Good Luck

You jokers are getting off subject ... I've been around these parts longer than most of you. My opinions come from the heart ... if you have a take on subject this lets hear it.

Calling me Troll is easy ... most here are usually looking for a conflict of interest to argue over. btw I'll be rooting for the Red Sox if they make it to the WS. I also believe that Yadier Molina is the best player in baseball. If he were on the Angels then our pitching staff improves immensely. Keeping runners in check would be huge for the Angels.

Gonzalez and Crawford contracts won't hurt the team financially. These are still above average players who play a big part in their line up . Kemp needs to get healthy and still has star potential. I think Either will be traded in the off season with the Dodgers eating some of that contract.

I don't think the Dodgers have as much to worry about as you may think.

Crawford is vastly overpaid, and only getting older. Gonzalez, though a very solid hitter, is far from being a superstar. Both are going to get paid roughly what hamilton and pujols are for the next four. You can't look at it what they did this year. You have to look at what they will be doing over the next two...and then the two after.

Bottom line, they have too many 30 year olds signed long term, that will be too expensive to put on the bench whenbetter players are needed. With kemps injury history, its not even a sure bet that he's a real CF anymore. He may end up moving to a corner. And if he goes back to his norms (2011 removed), ththat's not a good contract at all.

The dogs have the talent to have won this year, and probably to do it next year. By 2015 though, you're looking at 300 mill for a very old offense and good pitching.

Again, I see them as the next phillies team.