• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Social media Peyt's Mom peeves

I'm actually a big fan of a lot of the motivational stuff. The whole positive thoughts -> positive emotions -> positive actions -> positive results thingy majigger works. The people who actually operate that way aren't posting stuff on facebook. 

Social media has not been good for me lately. Had a breakup that resulted in a post from my ex basically describing me as a monster, though she was kind enough not to mention me by name. This is followed by her being in a new relationship two weeks later. Hmm.

I didn't know your name was Lisa.

I refuse to believe that someone posted this. 

And the "that loved America" instead of "who loved America" is an added busted grammar cherry on top.

i've seen 3 or 4 versions of the laura bush was a classier first lady than michelle, always by friends on the very, very far right. in fact, there was one this morning which was why i posted this one.

i've seen 3 or 4 versions of the laura bush was a classier first lady than michelle, always by friends on the very, very far right. in fact, there was one this morning which was why i posted this one.

And in every one of those pics Laura looks like the definition of a Stepford wife, which seems to be her default expression.

That said...a few months ago my wife and I were talking about politics and how we tend to seek what reinforces our beliefs.  Part of that discussion was about how some people claim (whether they actually believe it is another question) that Michelle Obama used to be a man and that Barack is gay.  Later that day we went grocery shopping and were looking at the magazines while in line to pay.  There was one with a picture of the Obamas and Michelle had her hair pulled tightly back in a bun.  Pointing at that picture I said to my wife "either they'll trolling those idiots, or those idiots might be on to something."  She definitely looked mannish.  Austin Powers would have been trying to pull off her wig.  

I love the friends who send me politically-oriented posts with the grossly mistaken belief that I share their viewpoints.

People who post a photo of an obvious object (for some reason the speakers from drive-in theaters get shared a lot) with the question "Do you know what this is?". I'm always inclined to give some creative smart ass answer. 

Or worse, "Share if you remember this!" Right. I'm going to annoy everyone on my friends list with the same inane crap that you just bothered me with.

People who post a photo of an obvious object (for some reason the speakers from drive-in theaters get shared a lot) with the question "Do you know what this is?". I'm always inclined to give some creative smart ass answer. 

Or worse, "Share if you remember this!" Right. I'm going to annoy everyone on my friends list with the same inane crap that you just bothered me with.

90% of all online dialogue is inane.

this is the one that screams "i need validation!!!" the loudest.

933a30f7d1b8129eddd986a6fc7d1014.jpg

Or the people who post something similar saying that it is a test to see how many people on their friends list will respond. I'm sorry, if you need for me to keep proving that we are friends, go ahead and cut my wide white ass from your inner circle. Odds are that I won't miss you, because people who are truly friends don't keep asking you to prove it through some inane verbal exercise.