• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Social media Peyt's Mom peeves

Haha.

Either that or I have a couple friends that have separate accounts but everything one posts the other likes and generally comments as well. Some even have FB convos in their comments section.

The worst was a chick I used to know years ago that shot me an add. Her husband sent one too minutes later. Those two live on that site.

Actors and actresses, I'm talking C or D-list talent, are easily the most narcissistic people I know.  Facebook/Twitter has really opened my eyes to something I thought only applied to Hollywood types.

This 33 year old actress I know taught music for awhile.  Now she's "finally pursuing her passion" after limited experience in Broadway musicals.  Today marked her 25th strikeout in a row on auditions. This is her whining on Twitter in the last 8 hours:

- Can I confess? I'm pretty pissed at God.

- I don't have any friends.

- Woudn't it be cool if I weren't wasting my life?

- I would trade ALL of my Christmas presents to just be in the chorus of the show I just didn't get.

- I see people with less talent than me getting cast and I'm not.

- Who do I have to sleep with to get cast in something?

- I'm not okay. All I wanted to was to be in a show. What's wrong?

- I still haven't heard. I'm about 5% away from giving up.

- I hate myself, right now. And my life. I'll go write abt it in Xanga...OH WAIT.

My actress friend is back to work being her obnoxious, arrogant, and whining self.

- Just found out, through Facebook, that my father is engaged. I have unfriended him and that's about it. I'm done. This is too much.

- Someday I will be free from the grip of all this!!!

- Gonna go live my own life. Can't be under your shadow any more. And done with all this "fathers shelter and guide" B.S. from Xians.

Remember, she is 33 years old and doesn't live or have much contact with her father. They didn't see each other on Christmas. She feels personally offended if her adult father wants to remarry.  I mean, just look at this crap.  She plays the victim card 24 hours a day.

- I'm watching Netflix documentaries. Aren't you jealous? Do you watch actual TV shows? Pshhhh.

More condescending jabs to us common folk.

- I'm gonna keep saying Merry Christmas for 11 more days, so you'd better get to love it :)

- Diet love is coming tomorrow. OMG. So full. I can't stand it.

Me, me, me. 

- Uh oh...the way these Brits are prounouncing Renaissance might make it impossible to continue watching.

She's also the self-appointed grammar and pronunciation police. Always complaining about other people's spelling mistakes, use of punctuation, word choice, manner of speaking.  All this despite no formal training in English beyond English 101.  She was a music and theatre major in college.

Edited by mp170.6

one of my friends is majoring in theater and does plays and small commercials and stuff.  she's actually pretty humble and fun to be around.  if anything she probably thinks too little of herself and she's very reserved in some ways.  she's a cool girl

That's refreshing to hear. 

Honest question for you guys. 

Do you have ANY music or theatre major friends who are actually humble and pleasant to be around?  I have none.  They all behave like this in one way or another. 

I have a female friend that was an actress until she was about 20 years old. Then she did a lot of voice-acting for animated shows. She was in a few significant movies and TV shows before she quit. Not sure why she stopped (have never bothered to ask her). She is now in her late 30s and she is still really attractive (physically). Anyway, she reminds me a lot of the girl you are posting about. Thinks she is smarter than everybody--as are her two kids, according to her posts--and she is always posting about watching TV that only "intellectually advanced" people enjoy or can understand. Then when you question her on any of the crap she posts, she immediately plays the "you obviously just can't comprehend what I'm trying to say" card. It's actually pretty funny. She gets a free pass from me though because she is probably one of the five hottest chicks I've ever known. 

I have a female friend that was an actress until she was about 20 years old. Then she did a lot of voice-acting for animated shows. She was in a few significant movies and TV shows before she quit. Not sure why she stopped (have never bothered to ask her). She is now in her late 30s and she is still really attractive (physically). Anyway, she reminds me a lot of the girl you are posting about. Thinks she is smarter than everybody--as are her two kids, according to her posts--and she is always posting about watching TV that only "intellectually advanced" people enjoy or can understand. Then when you question her on any of the crap she posts, she immediately plays the "you obviously just can't comprehend what I'm trying to say" card. It's actually pretty funny. She gets a free pass from me though because she is probably one of the five hottest chicks I've ever known. 

Sometimes I think mental illness (i.e. narcissism) is what causes people to pursue music, theatre, dance jobs. 

I went to school with a guy named Brian.  Like we need food and water, he needs an audience.  He was in band and choir for that very reason.  He was in theatre.  He was high school valedictorian.  He was student body president.  He now teaches theatre at a local high school.  I know, what a surprise?

And now for the disgusting part.  He married an absolutely beautiful woman inside and out.  She was selfless, polite, kind, intelligent, extremely attractive, was good with money, had her own job, you name it.  Totally unexpectedly, Brian served her with divorce papers one day.  The divorce was finalized and Brian got married again a few months later.  The new wife (between 18 and 21 years old at the time) was one of his former high school theater students. 

Sometimes I think mental illness (i.e. narcissism) is what causes people to pursue music, theatre, dance jobs. 

I went to school with a guy named Brian.  Like we need food and water, he needs an audience.  He was in band and choir for that very reason.  He was in theatre.  He was high school valedictorian.  He was student body president.  He now teaches theatre at a local high school.  I know, what a surprise?

And now for the disgusting part.  He married an absolutely beautiful woman inside and out.  She was selfless, polite, kind, intelligent, extremely attractive, was good with money, had her own job, you name it.  Totally unexpectedly, Brian served her with divorce papers one day.  The divorce was finalized and Brian got married again a few months later.  The new wife (between 18 and 21 years old at the time) was one of his former high school theater students. 

Brian sounds like a hell of a guy. :huh:

A couple of years ago I checked the website of Luke Halpin, who played Sandy Ricks on the Flipper television series back in the 1960s. I was thinking about him because I met him while the series was on the air. He was in my father's Air National Guard unit (my father was a full-timer, Halpin was not). They had an air show at the base while he was there, and they had to keep him hidden because he would have been mobbed by the crowds.

Fast forward to 2012. Flipper had been off the air for about 45 years. Halpin said on his website that he "cannot possibly keep up with all of the autograph requests." I was left wondering (1) who still remembers him, and (2) when the last time was that anyone asked him for an autograph.

Halpin's website is now gone - a monument to his never-ending popularity.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

One of my female high school classmates married one of my male classmates about a year after graduation. I was in my second quarter at the University of Florida (where the male of the couple was also attending), and I didn't even know that they were an item until I ran into a mutual friend at a mall in Jacksonville over the weekend who asked me if I was going to the wedding - which was that night. For reasons still unknown to me, the marriage didn't last long - just a few months, I believe. The woman was remarried within the year - to one of our high school English teachers.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

When I was in HS, if you were in band you were a geek, if you were in choir or drama you were a homo.

Even if you liked music, singing and/or acting, if you were a straight dude you stayed away.

At my HS, the music and drama students were either gay, Jewish, or their fathers were doctors, lawyers, or scientists.  They didn't associate with or even eat their lunch near us common people.  I think they even parked their cars together in the parking lot. 

At my HS, the music and drama students were either gay, Jewish, or their fathers were doctors, lawyers, or scientists.  They didn't associate with or even eat their lunch near us common people.  I think they even parked their cars together in the parking lot. 

I didn't have to worry about pretentious people in high school. My high school served the core downtown area of Jacksonville and the northern suburbs. It was mainly black students and middle-to-lower class whites, racially about a 50/50 mix. Kids whose parents had money fled our area of town long before high school.

We used to take great joy in knocking off schools from the rich neighborhoods - which we seemed to do with relative regularity, despite the fact that our team was pretty mediocre. They seemed to save their best games for the times when we faced the rich schools and they were ranked in the top ten.

When I was in HS, if you were in band you were a geek, if you were in choir or drama you were a homo.

Even if you liked music, singing and/or acting, if you were a straight dude you stayed away.

Some of the hottest chicks in my HS were drama students

If you're a straight dude, its hard not to be tempted by that

i think very generally speaking, people who go in to the arts have issues above and beyond most people. we've heard for years that the most successful comics often talk about their own painful experiences in a humorous way. we know that actors can be very demanding and diva-like. i think so much of it centers around the constant need for affirmation in an industry where you can become irrelevant (and poor) in a heartbeat.

the posts from your chick friend really make her sound like the poster child for neediness and attention. she probably can't get enough affirmation from those around her. i'd guess that many of her posts are 'liked' by many other females and there are a lot of empowering statements in the comments section, stuff like "i know, right? i thought i was the only who noticed that!", or "you nailed it, girlfriend!", or "we're right there with you through thick and thin. don't give up your dream!" and so on.