• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obamacare/Trumpcare Horror Stories

On 11/5/2017 at 12:47 AM, Blarg said:

And medical literature shows that, despite Canada’s universal health care system, long wait times disproportionately affect low-income Canadians because they don’t have the financial means to travel, he added.

We have lost the moral high ground in saying that all of our patients have access (to care) regardless of need,” Dr. Whatley said.  “It’s just not true.”

Earlier this year, the Healthcare Access and Quality Index published in The Lancet medical journal placed Canada 17th when it comes to death rates from diseases that are normally considered treatable.

Please pay attention to these words, Libs. You are pushing us all towards health care hell except for the rich. No one will get service regardless of contribution, no choices, no other options. Just suffer with your pain because you will not get a referral for years and die quietly, you wanted this. 

Since you didn't provide any sources I can only assume you are talking about this:

http://www.thelancet.com/pdfs/journals/lancet/PIIS0140-6736(17)30818-8.pdf

In which Canada performs significantly better than the US in every category.

• 3 weeks later...

I spent four hours today making phone calls and trying to get a new primary care doctor. I'm not sure it will go through.

You see, Anthem pulled out of Southern California's marketplace and canceled my plan, so I had to choose another company. I picked HealthNet, to start coverage on January 1st. Of course, the first thing they did was to totally screw up my choice of doctors. They informed me this morning that my doctor is no longer available in their plans. They had told me multiple times in the past month the opposite. I knew something was up when my ID card failed to appear in the mail as promised. But they never notified me of the problem. I'm glad I called today and found out the reality.

The only good thing I can say is the wait time on hold is less than five minutes, whereas in 2014 I was often on hold with Anthem for an hour or more. That is a blessing, but the rest of it is the usual bureaucratic confusion.

Edited by fan_since79

We're switching from an HMO to PPO on 1/1, so I figured I'd call our doctors to let them know and see if it would create any issues. Each doctors office immediately asked me if I was switching to Obamacare/Covered California. When I told them know, they responded with "oh, okay, no problems and you'll be good to go."

im assuming that's not the same reaction if I were switching to Obamacare.

Edited by Tank

13 hours ago, tennischmp said:

When does this thread gets renamed Trumpcare? After all Trump said that Obamacare is repealed now. 

That's the magic of ACA. It can be constantly repealed and blamed for all health care woes. It truly is a giver. 

On 12/29/2017 at 8:10 AM, fan_since79 said:

Only the individual mandate was repealed. All the other problems are still there: soaring premiums and deductibles, companies dropping out, fewer doctors, etc.

So after the premiums will go up even higher because the individual mandate has been repealed, we can still blame Obama?