• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obamacare/Trumpcare Horror Stories

All but two companies are pulling out of California due to the extreme rate increases under ACA.

People are in for a huge wake up call.

The best part is this plan severely affects the middle class to help out the lower class... who still won't be able to afford the insurance.

I got my mail today...opened a chunky packet from insurer Anthem Blue Cross.  Several pages.  One was a notice that I could be eligible for ACA.

The other letter served to inform that my current health insurance plan was being cancelled.  However, I could re-enroll in a similar plan to begin January 1, 2014.  It will only cost me an additional $120/month.  WTF?  This isn't fair.

I thought it was the 'Affordable' Care Act.  Bait and switch.

I got my mail today...opened a chunky packet from insurer Anthem Blue Cross.  Several pages.  One was a notice that I could be eligible for ACA.

The other letter served to inform that my current health insurance plan was being cancelled.  However, I could re-enroll in a similar plan to begin January 1, 2014.  It will only cost me an additional $120/month.  WTF?  This isn't fair.

I thought it was the 'Affordable' Care Act.  Bait and switch.

It is because under ACA there is no more underwriting so people in good health are going to see their premiums increase while people who are in bad health will probably see a decrease.

It is because under ACA there is no more underwriting so people in good health are going to see their premiums increase while people who are in bad health will probably see a decrease.

Also this:

A standard policy for wellness and catastrophic coverage for an unexpected, unavoidable ailment or accident could have been provided for a fraction of what Obamacare coverage costs... "Obama care forces insurers to offer products that carry all sorts of bells and whistles that most people don't want but everyone will now need to pay for."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505144_162-57604782/study-insurance-costs-to-soar-under-obamacare/

With my current insurance, I pay $105 every time I go to physical therapy.  And I need to maintain my migraines by having medications on hand.  There is only one medication I've found that fixes my migraines as long as I take it early enough. 

What scares the hell out of me is: 

1.  How much is my physical therapy going to cost me under ACA? 

2.  Will I still be able to get the one migraine medication that works for me or am I limited to Obama's choice for me? 

3.  How many people with not bad health, but imperfect health, like me, are getting reemed by ACA? 

4.  How are we, as a nation going to pay for all of this?  Because I'm of half a mind to stop paying for insurance all together and have everyone else   pick up the tab.  I doubt I'm the only one thinking this way once they get the rate increase letter from their insurer.  Add in all the 26-35+ year olds who the gov't thinks will happily purchase insurance, but in reality, WON'T.  ACA will be broken, like Social Security, about a month after it rolls out. 

I can't keep my plan with a high deductible and some $30 doctor visits. It's being terminated and I have to accept all the increased benefits the government has mandated, at a cost that will be a burden to me. I'm fortunate to be in good health and would like to keep my bare-bones plan, but the government has denied me that freedom of choice.

Obama promised us we would be able to keep our insurance plans if we liked them. He should apologize to the American people for lying to them on this most important matter.

With my current insurance, I pay $105 every time I go to physical therapy.  And I need to maintain my migraines by having medications on hand.  There is only one medication I've found that fixes my migraines as long as I take it early enough. 

What scares the hell out of me is: 

1.  How much is my physical therapy going to cost me under ACA? 

2.  Will I still be able to get the one migraine medication that works for me or am I limited to Obama's choice for me? 

3.  How many people with not bad health, but imperfect health, like me, are getting reemed by ACA? 

4.  How are we, as a nation going to pay for all of this?  Because I'm of half a mind to stop paying for insurance all together and have everyone else   pick up the tab.  I doubt I'm the only one thinking this way once they get the rate increase letter from their insurer.  Add in all the 26-35+ year olds who the gov't thinks will happily purchase insurance, but in reality, WON'T.  ACA will be broken, like Social Security, about a month after it rolls out. 

All health insurers are opening call centers on Tuesday to discuss the coverages.  I suggest calling them and asking about PT and migraine medication before signing up for anything.

Which med do you take?  My wife had to take one that our insurance didn't cover and it cost us 250 bucks a month.  The plans I saw for Obamacare had $50 for premium brand name meds so hopefully you will be ok.

As for PT, it likely will cost the same because the reason you are paying so much for it right now is that it isn't covered by the insurance until your deductible is satisfied.

All health insurers are opening call centers on Tuesday to discuss the coverages.  I suggest calling them and asking about PT and migraine medication before signing up for anything.

Which med do you take?  My wife had to take one that our insurance didn't cover and it cost us 250 bucks a month.  The plans I saw for Obamacare had $50 for premium brand name meds so hopefully you will be ok.

I take rizatriptan.  It's a sublingual and works pretty well as long as I take it within about half-hour to hour of what I feel is a migraine coming on. I also have Imitrex but I'm not a fan of the side affects and it also doesn't always work.  I've also heard butalbital is good/strong. 

Is it just Blue Cross that is raising your premiums?

Little I've read about ACA claims your private insurance won't be affected.

It absolutely is.  There are many new mandates and no more underwriting.  All health insurance, not just individual and small group are affected.  Large corporate plans are being taxed to pay for Obamacare.

Is it just Blue Cross that is raising your premiums?

Little I've read about ACA claims your private insurance won't be affected.

I can pretty much guarantee that your private insurance WILL go up starting January 1, 2014, IF your plan is still offered.  I am making an appointment with my doctor before the new year is here in order to get prescriptions, etc.  My insurance company informed me last week that the plan I have now will be eliminated and that a new, 'similar' plan (whatever that means) can be had for nearly double the cost of my current insurance plan's price. 

I'm going to assume that when I bail on paying insurance and just pay the fine, I will not be able to keep my doctor.  The president lied to us.  We will only be able to keep our doctor if we pay through the nose.  So, Clooney and friends will be just fine with the un-Affordable Care Act. 

My work's Blue Shield plan cost is going down starting Jan. 1st. I'm stoked!

The plan suggested to me from them is cheaper too but the benefits are nowhere near what they were. I'll probably end up paying more so I don't get screwed if something happens to me.

Has anyone ever thought that the cost going up is caused by the insurance companies that are just using the excuse of the ACA to jack up their prices?

All of our rates have to be approved by the department of insurance.  They would immediately reject any rates we submitted for that.

All of you people realize that Insurance is regulated more than anything else in this country, right?

TF, do you work for a small business?

Edited by nate

That was Obama's best?     A 2700 page document thrown together willy nilly, with no idea of what's in it?

Hey Obama, ever heard of compromise?    You probably could have created legislation with MAYBE 1/10 the length of Obamacare's legislation, if you simply realized that you can't fix EVERYTHING!