• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obamacare/Trumpcare Horror Stories

...waiting on hold for what seems like forever, to get a Primary Care Physician from Health Net. They've screwed it up now FIVE separate times since the end of November.

How hard is it to get someone there to type in the name of my requested doctor and send me a damn ID card?!!! I've gotten four incorrect ID cards so far.

The customer service people all sound like they're in fifth grade, and they can hardly talk coherently.

Things are really going to get dicey in about three weeks, when I run out of my heart medication. I'm already thinking I might have to cut the pill in half to make the supply last longer.

LOL, "ten minutes estimated wait time" is now going on an hour.

#$@&%*!!!

16 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

...waiting on hold for what seems like forever, to get a Primary Care Physician from Health Net. They've screwed it up now FIVE separate times since the end of November.

How hard is it to get someone there to type in the name of my requested doctor and send me a damn ID card?!!! I've gotten four incorrect ID cards so far.

The customer service people all sound like they're in fifth grade, and they can hardly talk coherently.

Things are really going to get dicey in about three weeks, when I run out of my heart medication. I'm already thinking I might have to cut the pill in half to make the supply last longer.

LOL, "ten minutes estimated wait time" is now going on an hour.

#$@&%*!!!

If your name wasn't Sergey Vladimirovich Yastrzhembsky it probably wouldn't be a problem.

Speaking of spelling, one of my (incorrect) ID cards has this beauty: "Effetive Date 1-1-19".

The first medical group they assigned me to in November is in Woodland Hills, and I live in Long Beach.

It's too late at this point to change companies, at least until next year. I'm stuck with them. I hope I get to see the doctor of my choice at some point. If this doesn't get resolved, I'll probably ask a friend who's a physician to write me a prescription for my heart meds. I'll just pay full price. It's about $40, not too bad considering. The other meds I take I'll just do without, and try not to die.

Edited by fan_since79

Well this is interesting. The network that my doctor supposedly belongs to is located in Oakland, some 400 miles away from me. That doesn't make any sense to me, as his office is in Lakewood.  And I still don't have an ID card with his name on it.

Time to get back on the phone and wait on hold for another hour? No, I simply won't this time. I'm all out of patience and reasonableness. I will go to my appointment with the doctor that I chose weeks ago, and raise hell if they don't know who I am.

How can a large health insurance company screw up a simple task like assigning a primary care doctor and sending out an ID card, and screw it up so many times over a two-month period???

I have a doctor friend with Kaiser who will write me a prescription for my heart meds, which I found out cost about $20 without insurance. At least I won't die. Health Net won't allow my prescriptions to be covered unless their doctors write them, and they don't seem to be willing to give me a doctor. What a piece of crap.

FINALLY!

After TWO MONTHS of trying, at least ten phone calls, waiting on hold for a total of several hours, and dealing with "customer service representatives" of varying degrees of incompetency, I received my correct ID card with the name of my primary care physician. I made an appointment and I'm all set to go.

Nightmare over, at least for now.

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

I must be dreaming, because I saw my new doctor this week and he wrote me up a 3-month supply of my heart meds, with one refill. So I'm all set for the next six months.

I'll be able to endure Albert grounding into inning-ending double plays from the cleanup spot, and not worry about a heart attack.

No, that just means you will need to see your doctor again in 3 months so that he can give you a higher dose of your heart medicine.  But hopefully, you will really have to see your doctor because Trout and Ohtani gave you a boner lasting over 4 hours.

I must be dreaming, because I saw my new doctor this week and he wrote me up a 3-month supply of my heart meds, with one refill. So I'm all set for the next six months.

I'll be able to endure Albert grounding into inning-ending double plays from the cleanup spot, and not worry about a heart attack.

just wait until the marine layer kicks in and everyone is suddenly blessed with warning track power.

• 2 weeks later...

Aetna has admitted it denied care without reviewing a patient's medical records. California insurance commissioner is launching an investigation of the company's practices.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertglatter/2018/02/11/former-aetna-medical-director-admits-to-never-reviewing-medical-records-before-denying-care/#4a7afbfa35e5

Aetna has admitted it denied care without reviewing a patient's medical records. California insurance commissioner is launching an investigation of the company's practices.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertglatter/2018/02/11/former-aetna-medical-director-admits-to-never-reviewing-medical-records-before-denying-care/#4a7afbfa35e5

damn government regulators...if they'd just get out of the way the market will police itself

• 6 months later...

Schoolteacher with a wife and two kids had insurance but still faced a bill of $109,000 for treatment for a heart attack. A neighbor made the mistake of taking him to an out-of-network hospital. It was the closest one.

After the story went public on NPR the hospital lowered the bill to $332.

https://californiahealthline.org/news/the-109k-heart-attack-bill-is-down-to-332-what-about-other-surprise-bills/

Edited by fan_since79

5 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Schoolteacher with a wife and two kids had insurance but still faced a bill of $109,000 for treatment for a heart attack. A neighbor made the mistake of taking him to an out-of-network hospital. It was the closest one.

After the story went public on NPR the hospital lowered the bill to $332.

https://californiahealthline.org/news/the-109k-heart-attack-bill-is-down-to-332-what-about-other-surprise-bills/

F'ing Obama

Huntington Hospital tried pulling this crap on my Son's wife when she went in for a simple procedure and the surgeon botched the surgery which resulted her being sent to critical, then intensive care for 10 days. It took a while to settle their problem through Aetna. In the meantime the hospital billing harrased them about paying tens of thousands in charges for her time in in critical care that they caused. 

• 1 month later...