• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obamacare/Trumpcare Horror Stories

Just to be clear, I am not the Nate in that picture.

A high ranking official for an insurance company recently said "It would be nice if they read the bills before they passed them.  We have to read them since we have to implement them."

Also, it is believed that there is no way the website will be fixed in the 30 days Obama said, more than likely it will take close to six months.

Finally, even though thousands have signed up, less than 1% have paid their premium.  If they do not pay their first month premium by Jan 1st, they will be dropped and not eligible to sign up for Obamacare until January 2015.  They would have to go the private route if they wanted insurance.

This is legislative genius. What happens to all the people that don't qualify to sign up until mid year because of age restrictions? All those kids straight out of high school, just hit legal age and they cannot participate because of a cutoff date created to force people to make an immediate decision to prop up numbers to claim voluntary participation.

That is only for people that are eligible and sign up, then do not pay.

Anyone that is not eligible until a specific date would have until the date their coverage starts to pay, otherwise they will not be eligible until the first of the year.

do they get fined, i mean "taxed", in the meantime?

The Associated Press verified

BREAKING: Obama admin: Fewer than 27,000 signed up for health care using federal website.

Lol.  So much for millions of uninsured.  When you include all the people that are being dropped, I would imagine a net loss in the number of insured.

i'm telling you . . . in the 2016 election, hilary is going to sweep to victory and fix not only the democrats, but she'll fix obamacare and be hailed as our savior/national hero.

that is, until all of our financial institutions go belly up and the stock market crashes and our money becomes worthless. but at least we'll have insurance. and death squads.

Good news for DR and others that had their policies cancelled.

The White House plans an administrative, not legislative, fix to Obamacare, two senior Democratic sources familiar with the plan tell CNN.

The fix will be only for people who received expiration notices. It will call in part for insurance policies to be renewed for existing policyholders with insurance in the individual market who got cancellation notices. They would get one-year extensions.

Also, insurance companies will be required to notify policyholders of alternative coverage and what benefits they would be losing by keeping an existing plan.

Bad news for me, I finally got my work week down to 65 hours.  Here comes 80 again!

Also, this doesn't change a thing for people that had insurance through a company that withdrew from the state, like in CA where most insurers are withdrawing coverage for individuals because of the huge cost increase.  They still wouldn't be able to get their plan back.

Finally, this will likely cost the insurance companies money because this is happening so late in the year, we can't adjust rates for the new plan year since the notification period has already passed.

By putting it on the insurance companies he is once again forcing us into a corner.  We can't not extend plans for these members because the PR hit would be gigantic.

This was partially my concern.  And now the insurance companies have to spend a not small amount of money to re-adjust.  More mass mailings, more software tweaking, more analysis costs, etc.  They're not going to just 'eat' these costs.  This is where the consumer comes in.

This cost saving Act is getting more and more expensive for businesses and the government (billions of dollars to fix a potentially un-fixable rollout, and the added costs to market the Act so people will sign-up for it). 

Anyone want to guess who the government and businesses are going to pass these expenses onto?

Finally, this will likely cost the insurance companies money because this is happening so late in the year, we can't adjust rates for the new plan year since the notification period has already passed.

By putting it on the insurance companies he is once again forcing us into a corner.  We can't not extend plans for these members because the PR hit would be gigantic.

Edited by DowningRules

Just for 'fun' I looked at random pages of the actual "Affordable Care Act."  It's essentially broken into two acts, the primary part being 906 pages.  I landed on page 581,which caught my interest with the sub-head "Data Sharing."  The following quote from the Act deals with general surveys of race, sex, etc., and the requirement that the information must be shared with other governmental agencies. 

So, basically, your personal information could potentially be shared with say, someone working for the Dept. of Transportation, or HUD, etc.  I don't like that.  I know my info is accessible to anyone with a laptop who knows how to find whatever info turns them on, but I'm not real keen on government agencies sharing this type of database.  The bottom line is that it took me about 35 seconds for me to find a vaguely written passage in the Act that can be widely construed for pretty much anyone in federal or state government to take a peek at.  If I read the entire Act, I will find loophole after loophole:

‘‘(2) DATA SHARING.—The Secretary shall establish procedures

for sharing data collected pursuant to subsection (a),

measures relating to such data, and analyses of such data,

with other relevant Federal and State agencies including the

agencies, centers, and entities within the Department of Health

and Human Services specified in subsection ©(1)..

‘‘(f) D