• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obamacare/Trumpcare Horror Stories

I don't doubt he's intelligent ... the problem is that there are diploma mills all over this country offering Ph.D.'s for a price.  And then you have universities handing out honorary doctorates, often in return for favors.  Despite all this, very few people ever question the credentials of people with Ph.D. next to their name.

Sorry for forgetting how much you hate teachers. Apparently you also hate schools and grad students, too.

The problem right now is that Blue Cross has no record of my enrollment in Obamacare. They can't take a payment from me because there's no policy to apply it to. They gave me a phone number for Covered California and I'm supposed to ask them what's going on. I enrolled through the exchange so I could get a partial subsidy, as those are not available if you go "in-house" with Blue Cross and purchase one of their new policies directly from them. 

Two of the three "customer service" people I talked to tonight were in India. I often get the sense they're just reading from a list of prepared answers. 

In any event, I'm covered until midnight December 31st on my current policy.

Ok, yeah that is bad.  Gotta get through to Covered CA.  Blue Cross can't do anything until they get the data from the CA exchange.

I don't doubt he's intelligent ... the problem is that there are diploma mills all over this country offering Ph.D.'s for a price.  And then you have universities handing out honorary doctorates, often in return for favors.  Despite all this, very few people ever question the credentials of people with Ph.D. next to their name.  

When I grow up, I wanna go to Bovine University!

Ok, yeah that is bad.  Gotta get through to Covered CA.  Blue Cross can't do anything until they get the data from the CA exchange.

"Wait times currently exceed 30 minutes" is the message I got when I called them. When I hear that, it's usually an hour or more on hold.

By the way, the phone number Blue Cross gave me yesterday was the wrong one. It took me right back to the billing department. This morning, a nice gentleman from India gave me the correct number. 

I think I'll just wait until Blue Cross contacts me and pray for continued good health. This process is ridiculous. It's almost impossible to get through to anyone on the phone who knows what they're talking about. I'm sorry, but those good call center people in India often don't seem to know how to handle this. They're good at giving out phone numbers and transferring you to some department-or-other, where you wait for an hour or more on hold. How many of us have the time to sit on the phone all day?

I can't imagine how many millions of Americans will find themselves without insurance on New Year's Day.

Okay, things are really messed up now with my coverage. I just got home and in the mail was a letter from Covered California. At least they know I'm alive. The problem is, my Social Security number is not good enough for them. In fact, they told me they couldn't verify it "with electronic verification sources".

I was born in Philadelphia 59 freaking years ago and have lived in this country my entire life! What the hell is going on here?! I've had a valid Social Security card since I was 16 years old. My parents were born here. My grandparents were all born in the U.S.

They now want a passport or an "original birth certificate" before proceeding!! Great.

They also are falsely claiming I have only 30 days to get all this done and "choose a plan". I already chose a plan on their website and they congratulated me two weeks ago!! On the Covered CA website it lists my plan and says Blue Cross will be contacting me for payment.

Someone forgot to tell them the open enrollment period extends to March 31, 2014. They're telling me if I don't get all these records in to their satisfaction within 30 days, I have to wait until next October 15th to choose a plan. That's just not true!

And how in the hell do you upload an original birth certificate from your computer, which they suggested I do! There is no birth certificate in my computer files!

Anyway, long story short, I'm thinking what's going to happen now is this cluster-you-know-what will prevent me from having any insurance until late 2014. 

Oh, and they want a copy of my Social Security card since the number I gave them isn't valid (according to their messed up system).

The whole thing is messed up to the nth degree.

Okay, things are really messed up now with my coverage. I just got home and in the mail was a letter from Covered California. At least they know I'm alive. The problem is, my Social Security number is not good enough for them. In fact, they told me they couldn't verify it "with electronic verification sources".

I was born in Philadelphia 59 freaking years ago and have lived in this country my entire life! What the hell is going on here?! I've had a valid Social Security card since I was 16 years old. My parents were born here. My grandparents were all born in the U.S.

They now want a passport or an "original birth certificate" before proceeding!! Great.

They also are falsely claiming I have only 30 days to get all this done and "choose a plan". I already chose a plan on their website and they congratulated me two weeks ago!! On the Covered CA website it lists my plan and says Blue Cross will be contacting me for payment.

Someone forgot to tell them the open enrollment period extends to March 31, 2014. They're telling me if I don't get all these records in to their satisfaction within 30 days, I have to wait until next October 15th to choose a plan. That's just not true!

And how in the hell do you upload an original birth certificate from your computer, which they suggested I do! There is no birth certificate in my computer files!

Anyway, long story short, I'm thinking what's going to happen now is this cluster-you-know-what will prevent me from having any insurance until late 2014. 

Oh, and they want a copy of my Social Security card since the number I gave them isn't valid (according to their messed up system).

The whole thing is messed up to the nth degree.

Gosh, that's awful.  A suggestion for you and anybody else reading this:

If you or your family takes regular medications, have your doctor write 3-month prescriptions this next week before the holiday break.  That way, even if you get canned, at least you'll have meds for a while.  Your doc has to write the prescriptions a certain way -- you can't just get 3 months of refills at once. 

One of my docs is strongly urging all patients to do this.  I think it's a good idea.

Sorry you are having problems.  The Obama administration is working 24/7 to improve healthcare.gov.

As a token of our regret, please accept this autographed photo of President Obama.

This is exactly what I've been doing for the last three months.  Stockpiling medications.  I'm extremely worried I will not be covered/qualified when I need my prescpription strength, non-opiate meds for my migraines, etc. 

I can't imagine NOT having my migraine meds.  There would be days I couldn't function.

My packrat mentality has given me pause.  I worried for a moment that I was becoming one of those 'end times' far-far-right wackos who stockpile supplies because the U.S. government is hanging me out to dry.  But, there is actually some truth in it now.  And I don't like that feeling.

If you or your family takes regular medications, have your doctor write 3-month prescriptions this next week before the holiday break.  That way, even if you get canned, at least you'll have meds for a while.  Your doc has to write the prescriptions a certain way -- you can't just get 3 months of refills at once. 

One of my docs is strongly urging all patients to do this.  I think it's a good idea.

This is exactly what I've been doing for the last three months.  Stockpiling medications.  I'm extremely worried I will not be covered/qualified when I need my prescpription strength, non-opiate meds for my migraines, etc. 

I can't imagine NOT having my migraine meds.  There would be days I couldn't function.

My packrat mentality has given me pause.  I worried for a moment that I was becoming one of those 'end times' far-far-right wackos who stockpile supplies because the U.S. government is hanging me out to dry.  But, there is actually some truth in it now.  And I don't like that feeling.

Do you take name brand or generics for your migraines?

I certainly empathize with you.  And you're not alone...

If they're making basic mistakes such as not knowing that my Social Security number is valid, how many people are going to be left unenrolled and without insurance on January 1st? 

All current individual policies by all companies, nationwide, are cancelled as of New Year's Day. Those are millions of policies. I can't imagine the number of people who will suddenly be stuck without coverage, people who are sick and need treatment. I fear a major crisis in store in early 2014 for this country.

Edited by fan_since79

If they're making basic mistakes such as not knowing that my Social Security number is valid, how many people are going to be left unenrolled and without insurance on January 1st? 

All current individual policies by all companies, nationwide, are cancelled as of New Year's Day. Those are millions of policies. I can't imagine the number of people who will suddenly be stuck without coverage, people who are sick and need treatment. I fear a major crisis in store in early 2014 for this country.

I find it strange that the government has trouble verifying SSN's.  Weird how they have no trouble finding your SSN for income tax purposes...

Okay, so Blue Cross is apparently processing my enrollment (still conditional) and it looks like I might be covered either by, or shortly after, the 1st of the year.

I still have to FAX or mail a copy of my driver's license and Social Security card. I'm getting that done.

The person on the phone at Covered California said there are problems getting all the data lined up correctly. He told me there were a lot of people in the same situation as mine.

It shouldn't be this hard.

My foot doctor (whom I'm seeing this Wed) said they're going to charge everybody without insurance full price starting on January 1st, and tell them to ask their insurance company to reimburse them. I've never heard of that. They're going to demand cash up front.

There are going to be a lot of angry patients if that's the case.

Edited by fan_since79

I took your suggestion. My podiatrist got me a 3-month supply of the medication I need.

Thanks!