• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obamacare/Trumpcare Horror Stories

California’s health insurance exchange voted Thursday to not allow insurance companies to extend policies that do not meet current benefit requirements under ObamaCare, despite President Obama’s “fix” last week.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/11/21/california-health-exchange-votes-to-not-enact-obama-health-plan-fix/

“The board cited that extending the deadline offers no benefit to the consumer and may create confusion about accessing affordable health care coverage through Covered California,” it said in a press release.

I would thought that the benefits the consumer receives is up to the consumer not an insurance overlord that has to get subscribers in a hurry or their program will be revealed for the sham that it is. Did they ever ask the consumers of California if they felt they were getting less than their dollar value for the plans they have?

"There's no way to make the federal law work without this transition to ACA-compliant plans," board member Susan Kennedy said.

Ahhh, there is it. The admission that a public that has a choice would put the ACA out of business and her job would go away. Remove all competition in the market and only one monopoly exists, the one she controls. This is so ****ing evil and yet Californians are going quietly to the slaughter.

Some states are not allowing insurers to submit new rates for the premiums of members who will now stay in their current plan under the President's "solution."  As I mentioned there are new taxes on these plans that would normally be built into the premium.  Essentially the insurance companies will be losing money on all of these members.

For the states that do allow it, we own't be able to increase rates until the second quarter because of the notification period.

Edited by nate

The Apologizer in Chief is making news in the UK.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25129749

The Obama administration has announced another delay to its healthcare law, this time to online medical insurance for small businesses.

The marketplace website allowing employers to buy health coverage for their workers will be put off by one year until November 2014.

Ongoing problems with Healthcare.gov, beset by glitches since its 1 October launch, were blamed for the delay.

Some congressional Democrats are said to be worried that the mounting negative headlines could hurt their 2014 re-election chances.

We can only hope.

Hey wasn't that a slogan a few years back?

• 2 weeks later...

The geniuses in charge of "fixing" the website recently dropped many of the plans being offered and the carriers so when members go online they do not have any plan options when they should or they do not have options for as many carriers as they should.

When members called the customer service line for healthcare.gov they were told that the insurers pulled out of the markets, that is why the plans are not showing.

Hope and Change!!!  Intelligence has no bearing on a degree, just hard work.

By the way Healthcare.gov acknowledged the issue with the plans not showing up and issued talking points to their CSRs and are treating it as urgent to fix.  I will believe it when I see it.  Also, they aren't putting on the website or announcing the issue for people that are using it now.

one of my really, really liberal friends from college just posted on facebook this week "i wish obama could run for a third term."

To be fair, there's a stupid "facebook game" running around where somebody says something like "I'm changing gender" and the first person to comment gets messaged and they have to choose from a list of things to post as their status. Obama running a 3rd term was one of the options.

To be fair, there's a stupid "facebook game" running around where somebody says something like "I'm changing gender" and the first person to comment gets messaged and they have to choose from a list of things to post as their status. Obama running a 3rd term was one of the options.

I'd probably pick "I'm changing gender" again.

The geniuses in charge of "fixing" the website recently dropped many of the plans being offered and the carriers so when members go online they do not have any plan options when they should or they do not have options for as many carriers as they should.

When members called the customer service line for healthcare.gov they were told that the insurers pulled out of the markets, that is why the plans are not showing.

There are going to be an awful lot of people suddenly not covered by insurance on January 1st at the rate this thing is going. I might be one of them, as I have yet to hear anything from Blue Cross about my Obamacare policy that I'm supposedly enrolled in. The payment link they gave me at Covered California is dead. 404 Error message. I've been given a phone number to call. I'll do it tomorrow when I have an hour or so to spare, because I might be on hold that long, or longer.

I'm always amazed by how this country idolizes folks with a Ph.D. next to their name.

Oh yeah, because anyone can get one!

I put that he has a PhD to point out he's an intelligent guy. Not sure why that counts against him in your book.

Oh yeah, because anyone can get one!

I put that he has a PhD to point out he's an intelligent guy. Not sure why that counts against him in your book.

I don't doubt he's intelligent ... the problem is that there are diploma mills all over this country offering Ph.D.'s for a price.  And then you have universities handing out honorary doctorates, often in return for favors.  Despite all this, very few people ever question the credentials of people with Ph.D. next to their name.  

FS79, definitely call.

My company withdrew from CA so we are not a part of the CA exchange but you definitely should make sure everything is ok.  The insurer will tell you if you are and definitely will take your payment over the phone.

The problem right now is that Blue Cross has no record of my enrollment in Obamacare. They can't take a payment from me because there's no policy to apply it to. They gave me a phone number for Covered California and I'm supposed to ask them what's going on. I enrolled through the exchange so I could get a partial subsidy, as those are not available if you go "in-house" with Blue Cross and purchase one of their new policies directly from them. 

Two of the three "customer service" people I talked to tonight were in India. I often get the sense they're just reading from a list of prepared answers. 

In any event, I'm covered until midnight December 31st on my current policy.

Edited by fan_since79