• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obamacare/Trumpcare Horror Stories

It worked out fine for me on the 700th try. The site was down the first 699 times.

Make sure you call the insurance company you chose in a couple days to make sure your enrollment is processed.  What we are finding with people who entered their information on the website and then had trouble because it went down, is that we are receiving multiple records for those members.  In some situations, many add and cancel transactions.  Our systems aren't built to handle that kind of activity for one member on the same enrollment file, neither are the exchange's systems.

The exchange website should list a customer service phone number for the provider you chose.

This article pretty much sums up me and my situation.  However, we voted for Obama and knew -- or thought we knew -- what we were getting into.  As previously stated, I thought I was told I'd be able to keep my doctor.  And I can for nearly twice the price.  As the article indicates, I'm thinking about singing up for nothing and just paying the fine.  I don't see much of a difference in my coverage.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/10/14/obamacares-website-is-crashing-because-it-doesnt-want-you-to-know-health-plans-true-costs/

“Healthcare.gov was initially going to include an option to browse before registering,” report Christopher Weaver and Louise Radnofsky in the Wall Street Journal. “But that tool was delayed, people familiar with the situation said.” Why was it delayed? “An HHS spokeswoman said the agency wanted to ensure that users were aware of their eligibility for subsidies that could help pay for coverage, before they started seeing the prices of policies.”

Edited by Taylor

That makes perfect sense to me. When I shop for something I'd like to know what I'm looking at paying while browsing. I don't want to get to the front register with fingers crossed hoping the refrigerator I'm gonna buy is on sale. Tell me what I'm going to owe, not what I could have owed if things were different.

It would be great if they could find a way to allow people to browse while ensuring they are aware that discounts and subsidies might significantly alter their cost. It would suck if people opted for worse insurance because they didn't understand they could be better covered at the same expected cost because of the subsidies that are owed to them.

The one thing is, the Bronze plan is garbage.  You would be better off without any coverage than that thing.  Unless you have a major health issue.  In any case you would still be paying thousands of dollars out of pocket every year, plus the ~2k in premium.

It is funny hearing the White House talk about the ACA web snafu. It sounds like every customer I ever talked to who were surprised of the results after trying to run their website on the cheap. I'm sure they will try to throw money at it to fix the problem though who knows how scalable the issues really are. If it is poor programming or database design...

The analysts are outsourced too.

As for the websites.  We found out the duplicate records happen because they don't disable the submit button after it is pressed so when the website was super slow people were pressing it multiple times.  Their code just treated that as multiple enrollments.

They implemented 3 fixes over the weekend, none of them for the duplicates and none of the fixes they implemented worked.

It is funny hearing the White House talk about the ACA web snafu. It sounds like every customer I ever talked to who were surprised of the results after trying to run their website on the cheap. I'm sure they will try to throw money at it to fix the problem though who knows how scalable the issues really are. If it is poor programming or database design...

It's funny to hear Obama say how "unacceptable" the website is, as if he had nothing to do with it.

Are 'we' really outsourcing to India and Canada re:  Obamacare?  How is this not huge news.  I'm ticked off as an American paying for this.  And I'd be f'ing livid if I were an American hi-tech worker.

Is there a link/source for these claims?  I actually find it hard to believe.  Wait a minute, no I don't.

Are 'we' really outsourcing to India and Canada re:  Obamacare?  How is this not huge news.  I'm ticked off as an American paying for this.  And I'd be f'ing livid if I were an American hi-tech worker.

Is there a link/source for these claims?  I actually find it hard to believe.  Wait a minute, no I don't.

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/political-potpourri/2013/oct/22/cgi-company-behind-failed-obamacare-website/

CGI previously worked on healthcare sites in Canada, although its results were questionable. According to the Washington Examiner, Ehealth, Canada’s medical agency, ultimately eliminated its medical registry for diabetics in the nation after CGI became 14 months behind schedule and missed three years of deadlines.

With a track record like that, it's no wonder the US government chose them.