• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obamacare/Trumpcare Horror Stories

I don't want to get into details but we discovered on Tuesday that the issues are much bigger than we thought.  Members are applying and never even being sent to the insurer and the website is so broken the government doesn't even know which people are affected.

I don't want to get into details but we discovered on Tuesday that the issues are much bigger than we thought.  Members are applying and never even being sent to the insurer and the website is so broken the government doesn't even know which people are affected.

I'm wondering now if I'll even be covered by January 1st. That's when the plan that Obama said I could keep will be cancelled by Blue Cross.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. From time to time we've been tempted to believe that society has become too complex to be managed by self-rule, that government by an elite group is superior to government for, by, and of the people. Well, if no one among us is capable of governing himself, then who among us has the capacity to govern someone else? All of us together, in and out of government, must bear the burden.

-- Ronald Reagan

Obama Officials In 2010: 93 Million Americans Will Be Unable To Keep Their Health Plans Under Obamacare

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/10/31/obama-officials-in-2010-93-million-americans-will-be-unable-to-keep-their-health-plans-under-obamacare/

excerpts:

If you read the Affordable Care Act when it was passed, you knew that it was dishonest for President Obama to claim that “if you like your plan, you can keep your plan,” as he did—and continues to do—on countless occasions. And we now know that the administration knew this all along. It turns out that in an obscure report buried in a June 2010 edition of the Federal Register, administration officials predicted massive disruption of the private insurance market.

Section 1251 of the Affordable Care Act contains what’s called a “grandfather” provision that, in theory, allows people to keep their existing plans if they like them. But subsequent regulations from the Obama administration interpreted that provision so narrowly as to prevent most plans from gaining this protection.

“The Departments’ mid-range estimate is that 66 percent of small employer plans and 45 percent of large employer plans will relinquish their grandfather status by the end of 2013,” wrote the administration on page 34552. All in all, more than half of employer-sponsored plans will lose their “grandfather status” and get canceled. According to the Congressional Budget Office, 156 million Americans—more than half the population—was covered by employer-sponsored insurance in 2013.

Another 25 million people, according to the CBO, have “nongroup and other” forms of insurance; that is to say, they participate in the market for individually-purchased insurance. In this market, the administration projected that “40 to 67 percent” of individually-purchased plans would lose their Obamacare-sanctioned “grandfather status”...

I'll admit a lot of this is over my head and it might not be this simple. The way I see it the ACA was supposed to offer insurance to the millions of uninsured Americans and all it did was increase the number of uninsured people in this country?

I'll admit a lot of this is over my head and it might not be this simple. The way I see it the ACA was supposed to offer insurance to the millions of uninsured Americans and all it did was increase the number of uninsured people in this country?

same sense i have, too. how did a plan that was supposed to provide for those that didn't have any coverage end up cancelling coverage for a lot of people who already had it?

this whole idea has been so poorly executed. what a terrible burden he's put on all of us. and shame on the supreme court for backing him up on it, too.

Basically, the plans that people had before ACA are not deemed worthy under ACA because of all the new mandates.  When adding all the new mandates to the existing plans, it simply makes the plans too expensive for the insurers and the members.  So the insurers are dropping coverage for those states/markets rather than suffer the backlash of 100-200% increases on premiums.

Edited by nate

Just had a coworker get denied going through the process to get cochlear implants for his son.  The insurance coverage that we have at my work is through the hospital network (they insurance almost everyone in the state).  To be covered to get implants with our insurance you have to only have 18% or less hearing in your ears.  This was recently dropped from 30% because the affordable healthcare act and medicaid covers cochlear's at 40% hearing in your ears.  The insurance had to drop theirs to 18% because they are taking a financial loss at covering the 40%.  So basically if you are insured, going deaf in Utah, and don't have $50,000 grand in your pocket, you are screwed unless you are on government assistance.   

I may be kind of a black helicopter guy but this is pretty much what I exptected from the beginning of this.  This law will slowly but surely force most people out of their own plans and onto government plans.

It's just funny and sad at how many folks actually took Obama at his word.

I may be kind of a black helicopter guy but this is pretty much what I exptected from the beginning of this.  This law will slowly but surely force most people out of their own plans and onto government plans.

It's just funny and sad at how many folks actually took Obama at his word.

Racist!