• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Alden Gonzalez Blog Post re: No Trout Extension

YouthofToday

Oh please. You don't know what Trout is thinking. What if he is really willing to risk injury so he could go back East

Its rational thinking.  If Trout turns down an big offer this year than we know it will be impossible to extend him.  If that is the case, give him 500 k next year and let him take the risk.  And we trade him in year six.

This might sound selfish since it is Arte's money, but if he's not willing to go over the luxury tax for at least 1-2 years to lock up who could end up being the greatest Angel of all time then I will lose a lot of interest in following this team. He's got the money to dole out ridiculous contracts to Pujols and Hamilton for what they did for another team, he should be willing to take a little hit to lock up the organizations best player.

If he isn't willing to do that, f**k him.

Not to mention if he does that and the team sorts itself out and gets back to the post season then he will more than make up that lost money in postseason revenue. Pay the man, ****er!

If Trout leaves it will be on Trout. I know it sounds simplistic but the Angels will offer him a truckload of money, probably the most ever given to a player. He either likes So Cal and the Angels or he prefers to move home.

That's kind of like, if you owned a business, saying, 'if a customer chooses to shop somewhere else, then that is on them.' 

The team has the responsibility of making staying here long term the most attractive option. This is southern California, he has six years to put down roots here, Arte has the money, there is no reason other than incompetence to let him get away.

If Trout leaves it will be on Trout. I know it sounds simplistic but the Angels will offer him a truckload of money, probably the most ever given to a player. He either likes So Cal and the Angels or he prefers to move home.

Make that offer early like this winter Trout will take it.  Make that offer late like three years from now, Trout may not take it.  Therefore, I disagree with you.  If Trout leaves four years from now it will be because the Angels F'd up the negotiations now.

I think he will get a nice raise this year and offered a huge deal a year from now. The other scenario, call it the Shaq scenario is to trade away salary this off season, like Howie and Aybar to pick up major league ready high ceiling pitching. Use Green and Romine up the middle and sign him to the extension now, and not go over the tax threshold. I call it the Shaq scenario because when Jerry West was pursuing him he traded Vlade for Kobe coming out of high school, traded Peeler and George Lynch for second round draft picks which are worthless. All three of those guys were starters at some point the year before. He did that all to clear space to try to sign Shaq.

Angels may play it the same way they did with Jared Weaver. They let him go through two years of arbitration before they offered him a long term deal.

The player is never bigger than the team.

That is exactly what the Yankees and Red Sox want.

Weaver rejected his agents counsel and accepted his brother's advice to stay in Southern California. Expecting the same thing with Trout is ridiculous.