• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Alden Gonzalez Blog Post re: No Trout Extension

YouthofToday

If Trout leaves it will be on Trout. I know it sounds simplistic but the Angels will offer him a truckload of money, probably the most ever given to a player. He either likes So Cal and the Angels or he prefers to move home.

I agree with this. If he doesn't want to be here, then that's it.

Fair point.

Trout will follow the footsteps of Joe Girardi, Raul Ibanez, Rollie Hemsley, Melky Cabrera and others to wear #27 in pinstripes.

Trout would be wise to take some guaranteed money for at least five years.

Angels would be wise not to over pay. I think 5 years around 70M is fair.

Angels can always try to extend after 3 years.

I think the Angels success as a team down the road will affect his futue decisions.

I think the Angels success as a team down the road will affect his futue decisions.

A 32 year Albert Pujols is worth $240 million/10 but Trout is worth....

LOL at 5/70. He can make half of that in arbitration

In that case there is not point for the Angels to do that. They have him for another 4 years, no point of giving him a 5 year year contract and guaranteeing him money.

pretty much.  it's really only worth signing him to a guaranteed deal if it buys out a few years of FAcy.  The extra 3-4 mil per you'd save in arb is chump change in baseball money. 

LOL at 5/70. He can make half of that in arbitration

Yes he can make half that in arbitration.  That covers three years.  What most people simply ignore is that Trout is guaranteed only 500 k next year.  That is 35.5 million for four years.  The last two years would be 34.5.  Yes Trout can make more on FA than 17.25 million a year, but that is pretty good for a guarantee!

What I don't like about it is that it would set up Trout to leave at age 27.  I want at least three more years into that.