• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Kings Thread for 2013-2014

Thomas

Scrivens to the Oilers for a 3rd round pick.

good move for both teams. oilers needed a goalie and with martin jones bursting on the scene, it was clear that scrivens days as a King were numbered.

thanks, scrivens. you served the team well and you'll be missed. best wishes.

As Quick is rounding nicely back into form, so are the Kings. The 0-4 road trip is now in the rear view mirror.

As dominant as the Kings have been against St. Louis, it's still huge to beat them like that on their home ice. The Blues going into yesterday had the second most points per game in the league, only behind the Ducks.

Eight days to Chavez Latrine! And yes, even though it is a Kings home game, I still refer to that stadium by that name.

Angel Stadium >>>>>>> Chavez Latrine.

That four on ice officials missed a puck hitting the net is embarrassing and idiotic. That the goal can't be reviewed is a process that is just flat out wrong.

I expect there will be some kind of league review over this, and some kind of rule change.

Edited by Tank

The defense usually has to be real good because to put it bluntly, this team's offense is as offensive to watch as it was in the 2011-12 season up until Johnson was traded for Carter.

It was so bad then, I yelled at the end of the Columbus/Kings home game in February 2012 "I've seen better offenses in the Western Hockey League!"

Of course we know how that season turned out ultimately.

Okay, which defensive player do we need to trade this time for a scorer?

Yep, re-acquisitions can definately be awkward.

Not to mention, he only has 13 goals/8 assts in 37 games and a -20 +/-.

It is true that it took trading Jack Johnson to get Jeff Carter.

So the question is, who is the best blueliner candidate to be traded to get the right scoring help?

Edited by Angel Oracle

i would think someone like alex martinez would be expendable, though i've heard inklings that greene could be on the block.

honestly, the chemistry on this team is so good that i wouldn't want to mess with it right now. but you have to look at your needs and see what it would cost.

It is amazing how much the Kings are thugs out on the ice.  I am amazed now that some of you had complaints about Vancouver.  So many dirty plays and cheap shots.  You guys should be embarrassed.

You do realize that Lombardi simply took the template of tough dirty teams like the Ducks and Bruins of the late 00's and created the present Kings team off of it. You should take it as a compliment.

Are the Kings heels? Damn right they are. Because it wins in the NHL. Our teams each have a banner in part because of that style of play. But if you think for even a blink of an eye that I am going to feel bad because a Ducks fan is going to be sanctimonious about style of play, seeing as I didn't live under a rock during the Pronger years, you can save your keystrokes.

That is the difference I do see in this year's Ducks team, being more physical to go with the goal scoring. 

It's no accident that they are on top of the NHL at this point.

But it is a long season; and as we've seen, the post-season is wide open in the West usually.                                            

That is the difference I do see in this year's Ducks team, being more physical to go with the goal scoring.

It's no accident that they are on top of the NHL at this point.

But it is a long season; and as we've seen, the post-season is wide open in the West usually.

Boudreau will choke in the post season