• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

1 hour ago, Jay said:

State officials have suggested that the operation of a gas-powered leaf blower for 1 hour emits the equivalent pollution of driving a car from Los Angeles to Denver or about 1,100 mi. (1,770.3 km).

I find this statement by “state officials” to be completely bullshit.  There is no way that this is even remotely true.

But it’s a California State Official so it’s got to be true, I’d assume.

My front yard this morning. My first snowfall ever...pretty awesome, except for the tree that fell down at 1:00AM and blocked my drive way.

Luckily, some good neighbors helped me chop it up and haul it away.

Started last night about 7:30. kept going until sometime around 1AM. Total about 7 inches, which is highly unusual for here apparently.

271186480_10159281670022479_4558914516024180291_n.thumb.jpg.3853daff889a5c34f31096b079731617.jpg

On 1/1/2022 at 8:48 AM, arch stanton said:

When I was 16 we moved from California to Colorado. As the teenage boy in the house I was the automatic choice for snow shoveling. The driveway wasn't that long but it was a corner house so the sidewalk took forever. At this point in my life I would never not have a snowblower if I lived in the snow

No wonder you ended up in the middle of a sandbox.

• 1 month later...

ZERO rain in January, and just trace amounts predicted for the next two weeks. January and February are normally the rainiest months. At least we got a whopping 9 inches of it in December, four times the normal for that month. So all told, we're at 10+ inches for the season, but most of it came in one month.

Sunny and 83 degrees forecast for the Super Bowl. 

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

ZERO rain in January, and just trace amounts predicted for the next two weeks. January and February are normally the rainiest months. At least we got a whopping 9 inches of it in December, four times the normal for that month. So all told, we're at 10+ inches for the season, but most of it came in one month.

Sunny and 83 degrees forecast for the Super Bowl. 

We didn't get much rain in November either.  It's all been December.  Mountains are nice though.  Snow is finally beginning to melt, and the streams are running well.  

But yeah, hopefully April showers.

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

No rain to speak of since December, and now heavy rain and high winds on March 28th.

Another round, even heavier, supposed to come in this evening.

Only got  0.07 inches this morning.  There needs to be a lot of rain tonight to catch up to the weather professions 0.75-1 inch forecast.  

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Only got  0.07 inches this morning.  There needs to be a lot of rain tonight to catch up to the weather professions 0.75-1 inch forecast.  

Long Beach got 0.68 inches as of 5:30 pm today. Los Angeles got 0.74 inches.

Most of the rain here in LB was in the mid-morning to late-afternoon hours.

Ok, maybe this answers it.

PLEASE NOTE: The Downtown L.A. weather station, located on the USC campus, has not only been the key weather station in Los Angeles County, but also among the county's most consistent stations. That is, until today (Mar. 28). For reasons unknown to us, this station has uncharacteristically provided spotty and inconsistent rainfall data reporting for much of the day. We do not know if this is a problem at the station itself or with its online reporting channels. Of the 17 weather stations in Los Angeles County that we regularly monitor, only one other (Sandberg) has today demonstrated any unexpected reporting problems. The Almanac will continue to monitor the Downtown station closely and provide updates as they come through.

In before Lou says Trojan.

• 1 month later...