• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

2.57 inches yesterday.  9.46 inches for the month.  That puts us at 10.40 inches for the season.  Average through the month of December is 3.99 inches.  Through January is 7.28 inches.  Through February is 10.92 inches.  

I think the weather people predicted it would be a dry winter.

12 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

Is that the SnowJoe @Jay?

No that's a Toro 721E. Gasoline-powered.

This is my fourth winter in Idaho. In past years I manually shoveled everything. Behind me in the photo is a 30 x 50 ft. driveway. I also have to do 130 feet of sidewalk in front of the house. Last year we had about 6 inches of snow over a couple of days. That was a back-breaker shoveling everything. This year we had about 8 inches in two days.

Last year as we were breaking our backs shoveling my next-door neighbor and I decided that we would become partners in a snowblower. My problem is I don't want to store it in my garage. He was willing to do that. So we shared the cost of the machine and maintenance. I'll perform the maintenance and he'll store the machine on the 362 days of the year that it's not used.

I like the idea of battery/electric power on garden tools but after 3 years of watching neighbors struggle with their electric snowblowers it became obvious that we need more power. And it's only used a few days per year so not a big polluter.

The Toro is a beast.

When I was 16 we moved from California to Colorado. As the teenage boy in the house I was the automatic choice for snow shoveling. The driveway wasn't that long but it was a corner house so the sidewalk took forever. At this point in my life I would never not have a snowblower if I lived in the snow

Spent Christmas 1980 at my grandparents place in central Illinois. Day after Christmas my grandpa needed to shovel off the sidewalk. My mom told me to go with him so I could help. He pulled out an electric snowblower, something that was completely foreign to me. He showed how to use it, and it was enjoyable enough that I finished the entire sidewalk. 

2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

When I was 16 we moved from California to Colorado. As the teenage boy in the house I was the automatic choice for snow shoveling. The driveway wasn't that long but it was a corner house so the sidewalk took forever. At this point in my life I would never not have a snowblower if I lived in the snow

I forgot to mention I'm no longer 16.

18 minutes ago, Tank said:

Spent Christmas 1980 at my grandparents place in central Illinois. Day after Christmas my grandpa needed to shovel off the sidewalk. My mom told me to go with him so I could help. He pulled out an electric snowblower, something that was completely foreign to me. He showed how to use it, and it was enjoyable enough that I finished the entire sidewalk. 

Your grandfather was Tom Sawyer? 

18 minutes ago, Tank said:

Much more enjoyable to run a snowblower, than it is to run a shovel.

7 hours ago, Jay said:

No that's a Toro 721E. Gasoline-powered.…..,,,

I like the idea of battery/electric power on garden tools but after 3 years of watching neighbors struggle with their electric snowblowers it became obvious that we need more power. And it's only used a few days per year so not a big polluter.

The Toro is a beast.

You mean struggle with an electric snow blower like this Snow Joe my neighbor gifted me @Jay?  I immediately switched to a gas powered Honda right after this job.  I mean IMMEDIATELY after this job.  

EB78CD6C-E292-44E9-BE47-ED76C89A8880.jpeg

Edited by PattyD22

I see now why people are asking about the electric cord:

California Signs Law Banning Sale of New Gas-Powered Small Engines by 2024

https://www.forconstructionpros.com/equipment/fleet-maintenance/gasoline-engines/article/21772263/california-signs-law-banning-sale-of-new-gaspowered-small-engines-by-2024

State officials have suggested that the operation of a gas-powered leaf blower for 1 hour emits the equivalent pollution of driving a car from Los Angeles to Denver or about 1,100 mi. (1,770.3 km).