• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

Terrible trade - though it does fit with my narrative that the team has been inexplicably low on Zubac... meanwhile Muscala isn’t even shooting 40% from the field this year. 

I know someone said Zubac didn’t ‘mesh’ with Lebron but he’s clearly been a great fit with him on the floor because he knows how to finish around the basket. Zubac is also shooting 58% from the field this year.

Im starting to wonder what the purpose of ‘tanking’ has been, since we haven’t really seen much benefit from the kids we’ve drafted, essentially using them to get out from under bad contracts, allowed to walk or traded away for nothing. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://mobile.twitter.com/UnwrittenRul3s/status/1100273989312688128

I’m sure his defense will improve with age. Just like Pujols will be in the best shape of his life.

Lebron is such an ass. Him pointing fingers to everyone but himself. 

if the Lakers don’t hit in free agency this upcoming year, it’s going to be really really bad. Lebron will put up his triple doubles and pad his stats, but he plays one side of the ball and he’s aging. He’s looking like the worst defender in the game right now. It’s not a good outlook moving forward.  

This is a horribly constructed basketball team and it’s composed of Lebron cronies sprinkled in with our young guys that we are lucky to have until Lebron ships them all.

9 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/UnwrittenRul3s/status/1100273989312688128

I’m sure his defense will improve with age. Just like Pujols will be in the best shape of his life.

Lebron is such an ass. Him pointing fingers to everyone but himself. 

if the Lakers don’t hit in free agency this upcoming year, it’s going to be really really bad. Lebron will put up his triple doubles and pad his stats, but he plays one side of the ball and he’s aging. He’s looking like the worst defender in the game right now. It’s not a good outlook moving forward.  

This is a horribly constructed basketball team and it’s composed of Lebron cronies sprinkled in with our young guys that we are lucky to have until Lebron ships them all.

I’d agree with you if they actually brought in Lebron’s cronies.  They asked Lebron whether he would like shooters or tough basketball players to play with.  He picked tough basketball players because they really aren’t going to beat Golden State at their game.  So they brought in Rondo and Stephenson.  The problem with this team isn’t Lebron it isn’t even Luke, it is as you said, roster contruction.  Also the health of the players hasn’t helped.  In a way they are remarkably similar to the Angels, except in basketball if you have the best player in the game you probably are going to the playoffs.  Sadly that player lost 17 games due to injury.  Also their best back court defender has missed 6 weeks.  It is much easier to see them as being in the playoffs if Lebron and Lonzo don’t get hurt.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

I’d agree with you if they actually brought in Lebron’s cronies.  They asked Lebron whether he would like shooters or tough basketball players to play with.  He picked tough basketball players because they really aren’t going to beat Golden State at their game.  So they brought in Rondo and Stephenson.  The problem with this team isn’t Lebron it isn’t even Luke, it is as you said, roster contruction.  Also the health of the players hasn’t helped.  In a way they are remarkably similar to the Angels, except in basketball if you have the best player in the game you probably are going to the playoffs.  Sadly that player lost 17 games due to injury.  Also their best back court defender has missed 6 weeks.  It is much easier to see them as being in the playoffs if Lebron and Lonzo don’t get hurt.  

Lebron recruited these players. The typical veterans on one year deals. He wanted those guys here. That's what I meant by Lebron cronies. 

And to your best player in the world comment. That is just so wrong. He plays one side of the floor. Basketball is a two way game.

1 minute ago, hangin n wangin said:

Lebron recruited these players. The typical veterans on one year deals. He wanted those guys here. That's what I meant by Lebron cronies. 

And to your best player in the world comment. That is just so wrong. He plays one side of the floor. Basketball is a two way game.

Ok, but from everything I read he didn’t recruit those players.  If he did then my bad.  I read it differently.  I guess best player in the world is an exaggeration at this point, but he is VERY good.  

I'm just going to see what plays out. I hated Lebron coming here for the exact things that are going on right now. He points the blame at everyone else but himself, yet he is the one causing all the distractions and trying to trade the team. He says to ignore the distractions, which is good advice, BUT HE IS THE DISTRACTION. Like I said, if the Lakers don't hit in free agency, it's going to be very ugly because you know a 35 year old Lebron will try to ship out the young core next chance he gets.

I was a huge supporter of the front office before Lebron got signed. I thought they made the right moves. Since the moment Lebron was signed, a lot of bad moves have come there after. But it all can still be salvaged by signing a star in his prime. But who is going to want to join this?