• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

2 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

How is Kuzma a bust when he was a late first round pick and scoring almost 20 PPG in his second season?

none of those guys are busts... Jahill Okafor is a bust.

thread joke (see: AO)

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Lebron is a bust

Would love to have Paul George instead, who has arguably been the best player in the NBA this season. And he’s in his prime. That’s what I always wanted to happen because he would be able to grow with our young guys with out demanding trades and then we could work the free agency market. Shame that it didn’t work out and we have to deal with this Lebron circus.

30 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Would love to have Paul George instead, who has arguably been the best player in the NBA this season. And he’s in his prime. That’s what I always wanted to happen because he would be able to grow with our young guys with out demanding trades and then we could work the free agency market. Shame that it didn’t work out and we have to deal with this Lebron circus.

The biggest disappointment is that the team just hasn't looked much better with Lebron. Sure they 'fought' for the 8th seed this year, but each of the last two years there were times in the season where I thought they had a chance at that spot if not for x or y. 

32 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

The biggest disappointment is that the team just hasn't looked much better with Lebron. Sure they 'fought' for the 8th seed this year, but each of the last two years there were times in the season where I thought they had a chance at that spot if not for x or y. 

Yep. It’s very concerning because Lebron is going to be 35 years old next year. His defense is non existent. The guy is concerned about stat padding his offense. He just holds the ball the whole time and kicks it out if he can’t find his shot. Then on defense he just stands around making no effort and waits for rebounds. Then he has all the stuff going on in LA on the side. Meeting with rappers, tweeting, Spce Jam, etc. Basketball doesn’t seem to be his main focus right now. Yet, he has the nerve to call out his teammates. I can’t believe we fuggin signed this diva.

15 hours ago, Lou said:

thread joke (see: AO)

LOL, I never said bust (insert I agree here).

Ball isn’t a player joke (although not #2 overall quality), just a health risk with so many games missed.  Just because Embiid managed to get healthy after two years, doean’t mean that Ball will.

Fox has been the better player the first two years, and destroyed Ball in college.

Same with Ingram, only more durable so far.  He’s not a bust, just not #2 overall pick worthy.

Kuz has been the one to rise up.

Think about it.  THREE #2 overall picks (Russell, Ingram, and Ball), and a #7 pick in a four year stretch, and what has it gotten them?

15 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Yep. It’s very concerning because Lebron is going to be 35 years old next year. His defense is non existent. The guy is concerned about stat padding his offense. He just holds the ball the whole time and kicks it out if he can’t find his shot. Then on defense he just stands around making no effort and waits for rebounds. Then he has all the stuff going on in LA on the side. Meeting with rappers, tweeting, Spce Jam, etc. Basketball doesn’t seem to be his main focus right now. Yet, he has the nerve to call out his teammates. I can’t believe we fuggin signed this diva.

Lebron has played the same non existent defense for years, yet his teams have always made it to the playoffs and did well in the playoffs. It's not Lebron that is the problem, it's the team strategy and construction that is. They need guys that can spread the floor and make their 3s ala Cleveland. Love was a perfect compliment to Lebron because he is a PF that can spread the floor. Now they got a bunch of bigman who can't shoot 3s and clog the paint making it harder for Lebron to drive. They also got a bunch of iso guys in the back court which doesn't work with Lebron. They need Lebron as the iso guy and a bunch of guys who can shoot 3s, he kicks it out, they cycle the ball around the perimeter and find an open guy. Surrounding lebron with a bunch of iso players in the back court and guys that will clog the paint in the front court will fail 100% of the time. 

They need a lineup as such:

PG: good from 3 and FT

SG: Klay Thompson

SF: Lebron

PF: good from 3 and FT (Kevin Love?)

C::: Anthony Davis

16 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

Lebron has played the same non existent defense for years, yet his teams have always made it to the playoffs and did well in the playoffs. It's not Lebron that is the problem, it's the team strategy and construction that is. They need guys that can spread the floor and make their 3s ala Cleveland. Love was a perfect compliment to Lebron because he is a PF that can spread the floor. Now they got a bunch of bigman who can't shoot 3s and clog the paint making it harder for Lebron to drive. They also got a bunch of iso guys in the back court which doesn't work with Lebron. They need Lebron as the iso guy and a bunch of guys who can shoot 3s, he kicks it out, they cycle the ball around the perimeter and find an open guy. Surrounding lebron with a bunch of iso players in the back court and guys that will clog the paint in the front court will fail 100% of the time. 

They need a lineup as such:

PG: good from 3 and FT

SG: Klay Thompson

SF: Lebron

PF: good from 3 and FT (Kevin Love?)

C::: Anthony Davis

If you don't see standing around and putting absolutely no effort on defense as a problem, I doubt many people would agree with you. Furthermore, the pouting and blaming of others is very hypocritical, when Lebron himself isn't doing his part of defense. 

Yes, the construction of the team is horrible. Who chose the route of tough players over shooters? You think Magic and Pelinka just signed these players with out asking what Lebron wanted? 

Of course Anthony Davis and Klay Thompson would fit next to Lebron. We're talking about a top 2 shooter of all time and a top 5 current player. I'll give you a hint: Those two players fit with anybody.

Yes, we know Lebron needs his stars because when he doesn't have him, he pouts like he has been doing all season.

Good luck to us in acquiring both Davis and Klay next year with the way Lebron has acted this year. Kawhi Leonard has already stated he doesn't want to play with Lebron. Kyrie left Cleveland because he didn't want to play with Lebron. I don't see stars in their prime lining up to want to play with him. I guess we will find out. I have a feeling you may be disappointed.

7 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

You have to question a strategy of bringing in an aging star who doesn't fit well with your young post-rebuild core. Moving the young guys to satisfy Lebron is going to have us right back where we were 4-5 years ago.

not if you move them for Anthony Davis