• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

Bonga is young, too young to be primarily running the Lakers next year.  Could he serve as backup?  Maybe.  Spot minutes with Hart as the primary backup?  Likely.  He is growing at light speed though, and like you said has really started to build a nice shot from distance.  But he needs minutes, so I could see another season in the G-league and being brought up for big league games often.

Lakers shoot too many 3's. It's so frustrating!

Once again people, you need to trade all 4 young guys for AD. No way Lakers get to keep Kuzma. Ingram, Ball, Zubac, Kuzma, probably 2 first round picks and another player if salaries don't match would be gone. 

It's been reported that Lakers won't have the same offer in the summer if the Pelicans don't trade with them now. They would be prepared to just wait for 2020 at that point and sign AD in free agency.

From today's hoopsrumors chat:

Jc

1:45

You're the Pelicans.....you take what the Lakers are offering or do you wait?

Luke Adams

1:48

Hard to say, since we don't know what 15-20 teams in the league might be offering. The Lakers' reported offer (Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, Zubac, first-rounder) is definitely intriguing, but I'm not sure there's a player in that group with MVP upside -- it's not even a lock that any will ever make an All-Star team. The Pelicans might do what the Pacers (Oladipo/Sabonis) and Spurs (DeRozan) did and try to lock up one or two really strong assets, rather than a collection of 4-5 solid ones.

He also stated that the Pelicans are angry at LeBron and AD for starting all of this and might not trade with LA because they don't want to reward bad behavior. 

I do not agree with his assessment that there are no all-stars in the Lakers trade offer but that's why he hasn't been traded to LA yet and why he might not.

This is starting to remind me of 43+ years back, when the Lakers traded three good young players (Brian Winters, Junior Bridgeman, and Dave Meyers) along with starting center Elmore Smith to the Bucks for a 28 year-old Kareem and back-up center Walt Wesley.  

None of those players going to the Bucks became a many times All-Star, although Winters had four straight seasons averaging close to 20 pts/game for the Bucks and averaged nearly 17 pts/game for them over 8 seasons, Bridgeman averaged close to 14 pts/game for the Bucks over 10 seasons, and Meyers was a glue type player who also averaged some 12 pts/game for the Bucks in a curtailed 4-5 seasons career. 

11 minutes ago, Lou said:

was he a bust after 1.5 years, too?

The Lakers seemingly didn't think highly of him, to essentially trade Russell plus Mozgov for one year of Brook Lopez.   

Granted getting rid of Mozgov's contract was a very good thing.

I'll give Russell solid props, because judging by the Nets solid record so far after a bad 2017-18, he must have grown up in more ways than just stats.

Well, I'm not too worried about D-Lo.  Ultimately, if we still had him we likely don't have Kyle Kuzma whom we selected with the pick we acquired for D-Lo.  Would he be the same player here that he has blossomed into in Brooklyn?  Maybe, maybe not.  Might have changed who we drafted last year.  So I guess the debate could be Lonzo + Kuzma (+ cap space) or D-Lo + Taytum (and still having Mozgov).  Slam dunk for me.

It sounds like the deal was pretty much anyone of value on the Lakers roster besides James, the Lakers taking on a contract that would give NO salary relief and anywhere from 2 to 4 future first round picks.  I'm not sure if NO really thought the Lakers would go for it or if it's their "attempt" at trading a player they don't want to trade but that makes it real easy to walk away.  

Good.  I'd love to have AD now, but not with a gun held to our head.  Not making a hasty deal now leaves us flush with cash this summer.  We can add a max free agent, keep all the young guns, and potentially retain Rondo and McGee.  Then, we have assets to make a deal either after the FA signing during the summer or in-season 2019/2020.