• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

I am willing to bet that the Lakers never really offered all four of those young guys in any one trade package.  I could see Ball, Ingram and Zubac or Ball, Kuzma and Zubac along with the guy making the money to even things out monetarily.  I know it has been reported, but it simply doesn’t make sense.  So in basketball they aren’t allowed to trade consecutive years #1’s.  So we were to believe the Lakers were willing to offer all of the young guys and 2019 and 2021 first round picks so they can compete now and next season, but they refused to give up first round picks in 2023 and 2025 when those picks are probably somewhere between 25-30th in the first rounds?  Bullshit.  My guess is this is about including both Kuzma and Ingram and not about draft picks.  

54 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I am willing to bet that the Lakers never really offered all four of those young guys in any one trade package.  I could see Ball, Ingram and Zubac or Ball, Kuzma and Zubac along with the guy making the money to even things out monetarily.  I know it has been reported, but it simply doesn’t make sense.  So in basketball they aren’t allowed to trade consecutive years #1’s.  So we were to believe the Lakers were willing to offer all of the young guys and 2019 and 2021 first round picks so they can compete now and next season, but they refused to give up first round picks in 2023 and 2025 when those picks are probably somewhere between 25-30th in the first rounds?  Bullshit.  My guess is this is about including both Kuzma and Ingram and not about draft picks.  

Yes they did. Many very reliable reporters stated that was the offer the Lakers were comfortable with.  The Lakers would give the Pelicans what they want and then the Pelicans would ask for more. AD IS worth all 4 of the young guys plus 2 first round picks. He's not worth all 4 of them plus 4 first round picks plus 2 2nd round picks and salary relief though(Solomon Hill). It's very clear the Pelicans were just wasting the Lakers time. Woj reported they want an historic hall from the Lakers and the Lakers are calling their bluff as they should.

Deadline is Thursday. I doubt he gets traded. The Pelicans might just not want to trade AD to the Lakers and give into him and his agent. We will have to wait and see if and when he does get traded and what the Pelicans receive in return to see if it's better than the package the Lakers offered.

So he doesn't get injured and decrease his value. I would think the Pelicans would not want the distraction the rest of the year but I keep reading and hearing they are better off waiting until the summer so more teams can get involved and the Celtics can offer 4 better firsts and a bunch of players. I've also read they might just shut him down for the rest of the year too which could get awkward since AD wants to play and if he is medically cleared, it will be tough explaining why he isn't.

Because they run the risk of him getting injured and hurting his value.  AD supposedly told the NO front office that he would sign an extension with the Lakers, NY, Milwaukee or the Clippers.  If he were to change his mind in the off season and add Boston to that list then that's another strong suitor.  The Knicks could end up with the #1 pick and Zion Williamson right now looks like a guy with more upside than anyone on the Lakers roster not named Lebron.   They would have no shortage of interest in AD in the off season.

7 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

So he doesn't get injured and decrease his value. I would think the Pelicans would not want the distraction the rest of the year but I keep reading and hearing they are better off waiting until the summer so more teams can get involved and the Celtics can offer 4 better firsts and a bunch of players. I've also read they might just shut him down for the rest of the year too which could get awkward since AD wants to play and if he is medically cleared, it will be tough explaining why he isn't.

Beat me to it.  Supposedly AD was a healthy scratch last night: 

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-anthony-davis-wanted-play-155833632.html

Could get pretty interesting if he isn't moved and they sit him the rest of the year.  Not sure if there's anything he can do but it would cost him almost half a season in his prime.  That said it's not like it will hurt him in the long run as he's going to get a massive contract with some team.  

8 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

The players union would and should file a grievance if they did that.  

Saw this and laughed. This includes the players already mentioned.

The Pelicans haven't countered the Lakers' offers but do have expectations that Johnson will overwhelm them with young players and a historic haul of draft picks. To New Orleans, that means four first-round and second-round picks as part of a trade package, league sources told ESPN.

All those players plus four years of 1st's and 2nd's!?!?

I don't follow basketball as much as some of you but this seems like a short sighted trade.  Muscala and Beasley both appear to be FA's after this year while Zubac is under contract through next year.  Do they think this move gives them a better chance this year, is it a cap move to make a bigger trade or is this Lebron getting rid of a player or players he doesn't mesh with?

1 hour ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I don't follow basketball as much as some of you but this seems like a short sighted trade.  Muscala and Beasley both appear to be FA's after this year while Zubac is under contract through next year.  Do they think this move gives them a better chance this year, is it a cap move to make a bigger trade or is this Lebron getting rid of a player or players he doesn't mesh with?

Bingo. Bango. Bongo.