• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The OFFICIAL "Glen Complains About The CHARGERS" THREAD

RallyMo

No joke, that's why I'm more passionate and follow soccer than the NFL. I got tired of the random or phantom calls at the end of games that dictate games. Driving at the end of a game while losing you'll always get a PI to get you in field goal range or vice versa a winning team will get a holding call.

That and the fact the WSJ report is correct that there are only 11 minutes of real playing time in an NFL game.

Because they have a successful business model. That would be like food companies coming out and telling you what's really in the food.

The consumers aka NFL fans need to come to this conclusion on their own.

Every week in the NFL season there seems to be some call or rule that overshadows the games. Drives me nuts.

Of course, most people are dumb. You see the same meatheads in the bar on Sundays in their Natrone Means and David Carr Jerseys arguing these calls.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still watch and pull for the Chiefs, but I'm not oblivious that it's more of a business than a sport.

11 minutes of actual play and random penalties at the end to control the drama, it's brilliant and people eat it up like other "reality" shows.

I'm just not surprised by anything with the league anymore and even the media supports it and has the same format for sensationalism.

Not at all. Baseball is pretty straight forward. Basketball has the same ticky tack subjective calls football does. Hockey is probably the fairest and straight forward as a sport.....you always hear the am radio chat be about the play and not some ambiguous call that directly affects the outcome.

But even the league and owners know it. Football is the only sport that has a committee that consistently changes the rules every year to control the game more.

The results just become more obvious when you see these random calls that have to effect on the play.

I wish they would just let the players play like the old days instead of focusing on growing a multi million dollar industry.

Don't mind my asshole commentary. The sports a joke but isn't going anywhere. I kind of wish I was ignorant to reports and research and could be one of those meatheads with a Bud Light in one hand and social commentary about how every sport is weak compared to football.

Not at all. Baseball is pretty straight forward. Basketball has the same ticky tack subjective calls football does. Hockey is probably the fairest and straight forward as a sport.....you always hear the am radio chat be about the play and not some ambiguous call that directly affects the outcome.

But even the league and owners know it. Football is the only sport that has a committee that consistently changes the rules every year to control the game more.

The results just become more obvious when you see these random calls that have to effect on the play.

I wish they would just let the players play like the old days instead of focusing on growing a multi million dollar industry.

Don't mind my asshole commentary. The sports a joke but isn't going anywhere. I kind of wish I was ignorant to reports and research and could be one of those meatheads with a Bud Light in one hand and social commentary about how every sport is weak compared to football.

I guess I am meathead but with a micro brew in my hand.  I also don't try to convince anybody that football is better than any other sport.  They all have their qualities IMHO, with the exception of basketball.  I hate that sport.

I too like world soccer, with a beer in my hand.

Long live the NFL Red Zone channel!

By the way nice Natrone Means reference.  

Edited by 1nutkruk

CBS showed a stat, factoring this game in, Rivers has 19 TDs and only 1 pick his last 5 games. Hopefully the all-pro Rivers is back. The offense looked fluid out there. Hopefully Floyd isn't out long, hope he's okay.

The defense? Didn't like the zone scheme, but I'll take it. They made plays at big moments for us. 

On to next week. We should be 2-0 right now, but after last weeks' debacle, 1-1 is better than I thought we'd be right now. Hopefully this team is for real.

The Chargers are going to win the Super Bowl. It's scientific fact.

I would have believed you if "fact" had been in all-caps.  Failure to use that indicates a weakness in belief.  Therefore, I can only assume the Chargers aren't going to the Super Bowl.  FACT.

Edited by Glen