• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The OFFICIAL "Glen Complains About The CHARGERS" THREAD

RallyMo

I think 6 wins sounds about right. 9 of the 53 players they have on their roster after the final cuts are rookies and they're definitely rebuilding. They made moves to upgrade their O-line but now it's time to see how much it's improved and their WR corpse is thin and has even more to prove. On paper there's quite a few bad to average teams in the AFC which helps their cause and in the NFL it's been easier for teams to make gains in the W column year over year.

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2013-san-diego-chargers-1155533770

"Rivers is now 31 years old. He has 26 children and no functional knees or shoulders. He is done. So very done. Every game this season will feature him turning the ball over three times in the first 57 minutes of play, then furiously racking up 200 yards in the final three minutes of a blowout to help get his fantasy score out of negative integers. His receiving options include a healthy stable of #4 wideouts and Antonio Gates' two club feet."

I don't get the Chargers hate. We were 7-9 last year and were Norv'd in 3 games (Ingram's pick 6 makes it 4). That's a 10-6 or 11-5 record. Now we have more talent on the team and our young front 7 just got a year older. Yet people are picking us to go 5-11 and garbage like that.

Meanwhile the Chiefs were embarrassing last year, but they're a trendy pick. Why? Because of Andy Reid and Alex Smith. El. Oh. El.

Wow, Oregon you are really drinking the kool aid.

You guys probably have the worst offensive line in all of the NFL.  Chargers are going to be a train wreck this season.

True, but it's better than last year and we have an easier schedule.

Also, I brought up the Chiefs cuz I knew Brandon was a fan. Plus I just don't get the expert picks. Don't get me wrong, I fully expect a 7-9 or 8-8 season, but I see hope for a run at the playoffs and for them to exceed expectations

There is a reason that all of the 2013 draftees made the roster, as well as a few rookie free agents.  This team lacks reliable talent, especially on the offensive side.  Alexander is hurt again, and we are relying on aging vets (Gates), inconsistent and/or fragile players (Mathews, Floyd), and unproven youngsters (Brown, Allen, Green).  The offensive line will likely be better than last year, but since they were the leagues worst unit that is to be expected.  We will likely run more effectively behind our new road-grader RLT, but I have serious doubts that we can keep the supremely immobile Rivers upright.  I am a huge proponent of trading Rivers for picks. 

Our defense should be very good this season if the back end performs, but I believe that just keeps us in games with the best case scenario being 8-8.  We've got quite a bit of talent on D.  Bottom line, we need another draft or two of accumulating talent with few whiffs in the upper rounds in order to be competitive.  I could see this team hanging in alot of games, similar to the team we had in 2001 that went 1-15.  That team lost 6 games by 3 or less, and was in another 3-4 in the fourth quarter only to fall away.  Point being, that team wasn't as bad as the record indicated.  They just needed a little more talent (which they got with LT, Brees, Dwight, etc.) and to learn how to close out games.  That is where I believe this team is.  We'll likely lose many tight games due to mistakes and the difference in talent, and that will put us in position to add talent next season.

Edited by HaloEnglebertHumperdink

Sad that the Charger's home opener was that close to being blacked out...on Monday Night.

http://www.chargers.com/news/article-1/Blackout-Lifted-for-Chargers-Texans-Game/070f0936-33d0-4c77-9645-7e2da4b22941

I've never understood the logic of bagging a team for sucking, and then bagging them for poor attendance.  If a team sucks, shouldn't they then have poor attendance?  Who wants to pay NFL money go see a lousy team?