• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Industry Opinion on Anthony Rendon & Arte Moreno

Chuck

14 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Which is why I live by the motto never hope for your team to be bought by an advertising/marketing person.

Which is silly because not every advertising/marketing person is like Arte and to assume so is kind of dumb.

56 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Angelos is definitely the better comp.

Angelos was a cheapskate….Arte is not that…they may both meddle but Arte has authorized some huge contracts, which unfortunately haven’t worked out…Angelos never went after any big name guys….he actually backed out of a couple of deals, based on medical, if I recall correctly…which PO’ed agents and the union…

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

I don’t need protecting Chuck. I think full circle and Sword have consistently been fucking idiots on here. So to disagree with them is completely fine to me. Maybe I’m wrong about Rendon, that’s fine, I’ve been wrong before. Guys like full circle choose to assume the worst in people, I choose not to. 

Agreed on Swordsman. He is smug, know it all, jerk.

I see that when Rendon plays, and he's healthy, this team is better. And it wouldn't surprise me if he's got a poor attitude with all of the random injuries.

14 minutes ago, Biergott said:

Hey at the least the Nats got the same tainted meat.  Strasburg is retiring.  We both got hosed…..

would be nice if Rendon suddenly became honorable and retired as well

If he's a good Christian he'll do the right thing and retire.

I'm not jumping on this bandwagon, at least with Rendon. Yes strange behaviour,  odd interactions with fans etc looks real bad. Not to mention his injury prone history. But "hates baseball" is to me a strech. He didn't get this far by hating a sport which millions dream of but only a handful can attain.  He is a strange bird that I can see but baseball has always had some oddballs. Good and bad. Maybe some hidden demons  similar to Hamilton. Who knows. Hopefully he will wake up. In the meantime the Angel Org is SOL.  PLEASE SELL ARTE! 

image.png.81f893acb03ee9c999e0d37cab75d7a8.png

I don't think it is totally outlandish to think that Rendon might accept a buy-out: "We owe you $110M for the next three years - how about we pay you for two of them and you can 'retire' now and we won't bug you."

Not sure the players union would be happy, but Tony might take it. He wouldn't even have to go through the motions, rehab, etc.

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

He probably meant Angels baseball. Real baseball is generally pretty interesting, but Angels games are either snoozefests or incredibly frustrating and tense affairs.

The context...

It had something to do with the all-star game.  When asked if he was going to watch the game, he said... "No, baseball is boring."

16 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I don't think it is totally outlandish to think that Rendon might accept a buy-out: "We owe you $110M for the next three years - how about we pay you for two of them and you can 'retire' now and we won't bug you."

Not sure the players union would be happy, but Tony might take it. He wouldn't even have to go through the motions, rehab, etc.

I would absolutely explore this. He would likely be cut loose as early as 2025 anyway. If he refuses, he has an obligation to go through as strenuous rehab as possible to get back on the field. Assuming Chucks report is spot-on, I am not sure why he wouldn’t entertain this. 

I said this in another thread, but his looming presence puts pressure on the roster management. Couple that with the hoops needed for Ohtani and it’s difficult to have the flexibility needed to construct the best possible team.  Would prefer they just move on entirely.  I can imagine Perry would be on board with this, not sure about Arte. 

I would like to see Perry turn over as many of the Eppler/Dipoto era players as possible, Trout and Ohtani excluded.