• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Industry Opinion on Anthony Rendon & Arte Moreno

Chuck

A3473B55-1361-4C32-B848-E8DC0368A936-1024x683.jpeg

You all know that I have defended Anthony Rendon and even Arte Moreno in the past here, so this isn't coming from one of the known haters here. 

I spoke to someone who has knowledge of Anthony Rendon behind the scenes and was told that the guy has one of the worst attitudes in MLB, and that he hates baseball in general now -- that he would love to quit, but realizes his contract is too good to walk away from, so the thought is that he will continue to milk this as long as he can.

As a side note, I was also told that Arte Moreno is known as the Jerry Jones of MLB. I mean that probably doesn't surprise many here, but thought I'd pass that along. 

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

You all know that I have defended Anthony Rendon and even Arte Moreno in the past here, so this isn't coming from one of the known haters here. 

I spoke to someone who has knowledge of Anthony Rendon behind the scenes and was told that the guy has one of the worst attitudes in MLB, and that he hates baseball in general now -- that he would love to quit, but realizes his contract is too good to walk away from, so the thought is that he will continue to milk this as long as he can.

As a side note, I was also told that Arte Moreno is known as the Jerry Jones of MLB. I mean that probably doesn't surprise many here, but thought I'd pass that along. 

Damn it Chuck.  This place is going to go bananas

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I spoke to someone who has knowledge of Anthony Rendon behind the scenes and was told that the guy has one of the worst attitudes in MLB, and that he hates baseball in general now -- that he would love to quit, but realizes his contract is too good to walk away from, but the thought was that he will continue to milk this as long as he can.

So the persona that Rendon shows is exactly the person he is?  Shocking, I say.

As for Arte, that was predictable.

13 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

A3473B55-1361-4C32-B848-E8DC0368A936-1024x683.jpeg

Weird how much the OP resembles this post:

15 hours ago, NJHalo said:

Again, this is coming directly from a national baseball media celeb, who most of us know. I had the pleasure of having him join our office crew for dinner last weekend. Great guy who loves to talk baseball. When l asked about Rendon, he stated that the guys is known to have a horrible attitude, and now actually hates baseball. He doesn’t want to play anymore, but can’t afford to walk away from all that money. He said to expect more of the same for the next 3 years. He called Arte the Jerry Jones of MLB. 

1 minute ago, REDneck said:

In lieu of Rendon directly stating that he hates baseball and doesn't want to play, this is about as credible as we're going to get regarding this matter.

Paging all Rendon apologists.

The fact that there are actually Rendon apologists in here is gross to me. But also not surprising. 

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

It's just that it is confirmed. 

Is it really?  I just have a hard time taking this kind of talk seriously when it comes from anonymous sources.  Maybe it is true.  I know the optics on Rendon looks bad, but I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt.  He once said "WATCHING baseball was boring" and people took that and turned it into "he HATES baseball." 

This isn't me defending him.  This is me trying to look at things objectively.  He's had bad luck.  He did something really stupid in Oakland.  I see all that.  Again, the optics look bad.  None of us really know the truth.  And it doesn't help that he won't speak to the media.  I get all that.

I just hope the truth comes out at some point, regardless of what that truth actually is.

2 minutes ago, REDneck said:

In lieu of Rendon directly stating that he hates baseball and doesn't want to play, this is about as credible as we're going to get regarding this matter.

Paging all Rendon apologists.

Are there really any posters here that are? 

1 minute ago, T.G. said:

Is it really?  I just have a hard time taking this kind of talk seriously when it comes from anonymous sources.  Maybe it is true.  I know the optics on Rendon looks bad, but I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt.  He once said "WATCHING baseball was boring" and people took that and turned it into "he HATES baseball." 

This isn't me defending him.  This is me trying to look at things objectively.  He's had bad luck.  He did something really stupid in Oakland.  I see all that.  Again, the optics look bad.  None of us really know the truth.  And it doesn't help that he won't speak to the media.  I get all that.

I just hope the truth comes out at some point, regardless of what that truth actually is.

It was unanimous from people in MLB that know Anthony Rendon. These are people that have been around, former MLB players too. 

1 minute ago, T.G. said:

Regardless of all that, he’s been terrible in an Angel uniform and is getting paid a healthy amount in doing so. I can’t stand the dude at all. 

Again... maybe the Rendon stuff is true, but why hasn't the national or local media picked up on it at all?  We have an AW member (NJ) citing insider information.  Okay.  Sure.  Again, maybe it's true - but I need more.

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Their numbers are dwindling but yes.

1 minute ago, REDneck said:

Yes!

I really don't think there's anyone here that can defend Rendon. 

I mean I hope he proves us all wrong and comes back next season and contributes, but that's doubtful at best. 

2 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Again... maybe the Rendon stuff is true, but why hasn't the national or local media picked up on it at all?  We have an AW member (NJ) citing insider information.  Okay.  Sure.  Again, maybe it's true - but I need more.

You're not going to hear it from anyone on the current team until they leave I'm sure.