• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Industry Opinion on Anthony Rendon & Arte Moreno

Chuck

6 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Is it really?  I just have a hard time taking this kind of talk seriously when it comes from anonymous sources.  Maybe it is true.  I know the optics on Rendon looks bad, but I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt.  He once said "WATCHING baseball was boring" and people took that and turned it into "he HATES baseball." 

This isn't me defending him.  This is me trying to look at things objectively.  He's had bad luck.  He did something really stupid in Oakland.  I see all that.  Again, the optics look bad.  None of us really know the truth.  And it doesn't help that he won't speak to the media.  I get all that.

I just hope the truth comes out at some point, regardless of what that truth actually is.

No that’s a very good point, I haven’t looked closely and objectively at this

11 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Ok, if that's true then I suppose it will eventually come out in the media.

Now the opinion from his teammates may be different, or even worse. Time will tell as you well know TG. The truth always comes to the light. 

But the opinion from folks in MLB and the media that have several inside sources seem to believe this re: Rendon. 

The tidbit on Arte is whatever. We already knew that. 

46 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

A3473B55-1361-4C32-B848-E8DC0368A936-1024x683.jpeg

You all know that I have defended Anthony Rendon and even Arte Moreno in the past here, so this isn't coming from one of the known haters here. 

I spoke to someone who has knowledge of Anthony Rendon behind the scenes and was told that the guy has one of the worst attitudes in MLB, and that he hates baseball in general now -- that he would love to quit, but realizes his contract is too good to walk away from, so the thought is that he will continue to milk this as long as he can.

As a side note, I was also told that Arte Moreno is known as the Jerry Jones of MLB. I mean that probably doesn't surprise many here, but thought I'd pass that along. 

Sam Blum:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

11 minutes ago, full circle said:

How long before the stories of turmoil in the Angels 2023 clubhouse start trickling out?  

Honestly, I noticed Drury the last week or so. Its 100% reading into it but noticed his demeanor a few nights back at the end of the game and then the other day when he hit a HR. Grichuk asked him something after the HR and the question seemed to bother him a bit when he answered him. Probably just due to how terrible the last few weeks have been but it could be more. 

Edited by James

But...but...INTERNAL BLEEDING!

You people are not doctors. Let Anthony have as long as he wants to feel perfectly fine and dandy. We wouldn't want him to feel the least discomfort when (if) he finally steps out onto the field. 2024, 2025? Whatever.

The poor guy...internal bleeding. You people are heartless. The reason he hates baseball is probably from everyone piling on and hurting his feelings. He's a sensitive guy.

3 minutes ago, James said:

Honestly, I noticed Drury the last week or so. Its 100% reading into it but noticed his demeanor a few nights back at the end of the game and then the other day when he hit a HR. Grichuk asked him something after the HR and the question seemed to bother him a bit when he answered him. Probably just do to how terrible the last few weeks have been but it could be more. 

If I was Drury and a guy who was hitting .150 after my team acquired him asked me something, I'd probably be bothered by him, too.  Ha. 

But, seriously, I can't imagine that there wouldn't be at least some sort of turmoil for any team that has gone through all the bad luck, injuries, and overall disappointment that the Angels have gone through this year.

10 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

But...but...INTERNAL BLEEDING!

You people are not doctors. Let Anthony have as long as he wants to feel perfectly fine and dandy. We wouldn't want him to feel the least discomfort when (if) he finally steps out onto the field. 2024, 2025? Whatever.

The poor guy...internal bleeding. You people are heartless. The reason he hates baseball is probably from everyone piling on and hurting his feelings. He's a sensitive guy.

LOL.  I see what you did there. 

Regardless of how confirmed this is, it isn’t at all surprising. 

What is most concerning about this is that it is hard to come back from such a place. He’s essentially burnt out, and given what it requires to stay competitive at the highest level, it is unlikely he’ll ever be anything more than a shadow of his former self…which is pretty much what he’s been for the last three seasons.

So I would consider a “bounce-back season” much less likely. If I’m the Angels, I start considering releasing him if he doesn’t show up to spring training next year with a refreshed attitude. Sure, it is wasted money, but if he’s going to suck vitality from the org, better to do it out of sight. 

Just now, Angelsjunky said:

Regardless of how confirmed this is, it isn’t at all surprising. 

What is most concerning about this is that it is hard to come back from such a place. He’s essentially burnt out, and given what it requires to stay competitive at the highest level, it is unlikely he’ll ever be anything more than a shadow of his former self…which is pretty much what he’s been for the last three seasons.

So I would consider a “bounce-back season” much less likely. If I’m the Angels, I start considering releasing him if he doesn’t show up to spring training next year with a refreshed attitude. Sure, it is wasted money, but if he’s going to suck vitality from the org, better to do it out of sight. 

If this is the attitude he truly has, he should have already been released. Sometimes you need to recognize a sunk cost when you have it. 

33 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Guys, enough about @Stradling

I was also wrong about Rendon. Look at my predictions thread. Rendon was my team MVP. doh! 

Also, the case isn't closed on Anthony Rendon. He could shock us all with a healthy season next year in which he actually produces. 

I don’t need protecting Chuck. I think full circle and Sword have consistently been fucking idiots on here. So to disagree with them is completely fine to me. Maybe I’m wrong about Rendon, that’s fine, I’ve been wrong before. Guys like full circle choose to assume the worst in people, I choose not to. 

2 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I find it laughable when fans pretend to know the mindset of someone else - a professional athlete no less.  Maybe he is burnt out.  Maybe he isn't.

Which goes back to Chuck’s original post and my first sentence: I’m not pretending I know Rendon’s mindset, but Chuck’s claim fits the phenomena we’ve seen over the past three years.

Burn out happens. It also seems to happen more frequently to players with mega-contracts, and may explain why so many of them bust.

We live in a culture where people are quick to judge without knowing all the facts.  They judge based on perception.  Sometimes those perceptions are wrong, but that doesn't stop them from doing it again and again.

Maybe Rendon is lazy ass athlete who just wants to take his money and sit at home.  Maybe he's not.  I don't understand why people feel the need to put someone in a box when they don't have all the answers. 

As I said before, the optics on Rendon look bad.  Really bad.

I'm disappointed in what he's been for the Angels, but I'm not about to hate on the guy.