• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Industry Opinion on Anthony Rendon & Arte Moreno

Chuck

2 hours ago, Trendon said:

The irony that Sam Blum would love to cover a story like this, but he can’t because his style turns people in the Angels org off and they don’t want to give him info.

A lot of Blum lovers are going to be gravely disappointed someday. The guy isn’t an Angels fan. He had some potential and somewhere around 2018 everything became about him. It ain’t his style that people hate. It’s his narcissistic self serving agenda that repels people. Wise individuals can see right through his entitled self centered bullshit

Glad to finally clear the air on what 90% of what this board already knew.

14 hours ago, Taylor said:

I tried to share this thread on r/AngelsBaseball, but apparently they don't like AngelsWin.

Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 11.07.07 AM.png

Reddit is a cesspool of leftist censorship, case in point. We don't need any of those commies coming here anyway.

12 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Noice!

No doubt he was definitely cold shouldered by Ohtani.

Good.

If I was amoung the best in the game I wouldn't want to touch any infectious cancer, either, don't need it rubbing off on Ohtani that's for sure.

7 hours ago, Kotchman said:

A lot of Blum lovers are going to be gravely disappointed someday. The guy isn’t an Angels fan. He had some potential and somewhere around 2018 everything became about him. It ain’t his style that people hate. It’s his narcissistic self serving agenda that repels people. Wise individuals can see right through his entitled self centered bullshit

Beat writers are not supposed to be fans of a team. Amazing how many people don't get this.

11 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

Here is what doesn't add up for me.

If he is a rotten apple, why did he jump out of the dugout with a cast and start swinging in the bench clearing brawl of 2022?

If he doesn't care about playing why did he come back off the IL at the end of 2022 so he could serve his 10 game suspension in 2022 and not have to miss the first 10 games of 2023?

Did he fool Moreno and Billy into giving him a big payday knowing that he was going to phone it in?

Was he secretly practicing fouling balls off of his shin?

It just doesn't all add up for me.

You bring up some good points. Mebbe there's some things we need to consider more closely.

~ArkyAngelsFan~

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Neither is Jeff Fletcher. He is just a beat writer in Orange County.

Let’s be honest. Fletcher is a lot more professional than Blum. Blum has a much broader agenda and bias that are easily detected. If Fletch has an agenda he does a pretty good job of keeping it in check. 

Blum may be educated but he lacks basic life wisdom. As a low level journalist, he’s basically a dingleberry on these owners and players nuts. For every skip Bayleess that make a living out of this bs , there’s a few hundred journalists working at enterprise car rentals Don’t be surprised in a few years when he tries to push you toward an EV for your road trip

Edited by Kotchman

20 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I don't care that Blum can come off as negative, he's just not a very compelling writer, rarely shines light on anything of any real value and always seems to take the low road.

I know everyone hates Rendon now but Blum's coverage of his "injuries" has been completely antagonistic from day one.  Clearly Rendon doesn't like dealing with the media, but constantly commenting on "how" he says "no comment" just comes off as catty bitchy BS..  I laugh to myself thinking about how he would have dealt with someone like Albert Belle, or rather, how Belle would have handled Blum.  Of course Blum would have likely pressed charges and written a book about his trauma dealing with Belle.  Whatever, IMO Blum's bitchy style has likely made it harder for him to get info -- and while I'm sure he thinks that makes him a hero, we the reader ultimately get less information about the team and more information about how he's being treated poorly, I couldn't fucking care less.

Some of you hate the guy because he's "negative"..  Some of you like him because you think his antagonistic BS is "telling it like it us".  Blum fans/haters are as tribal as everything else in society is these days...  It all bores the shit out of me.

Someone do some necromancer BS and resurrect Jim Murray.

Agree.  Read Jordan Rodrigue's coverage of the Rams, then compare to Blum's Halo coverage.  I realize Jordan doesn't have a jockstrap, but if she did, Blum couldn't carry it!

This is pretty much the bottom of the barrel for the Angels right now.

How many Angel fans “hate” (sports hate) the Angels right now?

How many players “hate” the lack of success this year?

How many other people related to the Angels “hate” where the team is now in the standings and “hate” the bad luck of the injuries, and “hate” the idea of losing Ohtani?

But let’s all stop for a moment, set all that aside as normal and justified and pile on Rendon because somebody heard he “hates” baseball right now?

I have no idea if Rendon is a jerk or not.  But seriously, other than getting a fat check for not playing, what rational player wouldn’t “hate” what he is going through?

Thats a fair question.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

I laugh to myself thinking about how he would have dealt with someone like Albert Belle, or rather, how Belle would have handled Blum.

0% chance he would've lasted as a reporter in the steroid era.

side note: it's kinda hard to take him seriously at times when his Twitter profile pic is him wearing a kid's party hat.

8 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

Glad to finally clear the air on what 90% of what this board already knew.

Reddit is a cesspool of leftist censorship, case in point. We don't need any of those commies coming here anyway.

Noice!

No doubt he was definitely cold shouldered by Ohtani.

Good.

If I was amoung the best in the game I wouldn't want to touch any infectious cancer, either, don't need it rubbing off on Ohtani that's for sure.

Yep, the main admin over there doesn't like me so it doesn't surprised me at all that he blocked our domain.

He pretty much called me evil and a murderer on Twitter once because I didn't wear a mask during Covid (some several months after it hit) and when I talked about the side effects of the vaccine after I took the jab. That guy can kiss my ass over there! 

There garbage isn't welcomed here either, but I haven't blocked their domain because there are other good discussion groups on reddit besides that POS community. 

The whole Anthony Rendon saga has been so incredibly sad. The least he could do is not be an asshole. I don't doubt his injuries but being checked out, not doing media stuff, and being a bad teammate is just salt in the wound.

I had such high hopes for him as a Halo, but he has heel turned in such an epic way. If he doesn't enjoy baseball and is constantly injury-plagued, he may just retire like Strasburg is doing. 

Does anyone know if the Angels insured his contract? Knowing Arte, I'm sure the answer is no -- so he will make his $ no matter what and of course the contract is back loaded.

12 minutes ago, BTH said:

Jon Heyman said in the NY Post yesterday that it is not insured.

I think it was in one of the Fortune, Business of Baseball features, but they had estimated that Moreno and the Angels had saved a shit ton by self insuring their biggest contracts. They went on to say that insurance can sometimes end up costing a team 25%-35% of total salary due over the three years of coverage.  Three years being the longest they would insure contracts for.  After that they have to be renewed.

9 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

I think it was in one of the Fortune, Business of Baseball features, but they had estimated that Moreno and the Angels had saved a shit ton by self insuring their biggest contracts. They went on to say that insurance can sometimes end up costing a team 25%-35% of total salary due over the three years of coverage.  Three years being the longest they would insure contracts for.  After that they have to be renewed.

Almost no MLB contracts are insured because it’s very expensive and only covers career ending type stuff.