• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Industry Opinion on Anthony Rendon & Arte Moreno

Chuck

2 hours ago, T.G. said:

The context...

It had something to do with the all-star game.  When asked if he was going to watch the game, he said... "No, baseball is boring."

He was trying to be diplomatic.  For example, there are a few in this thread that I find "boring". 

6 hours ago, Taylor said:

I was told by some here that Rendon is a Christlike figure.

6 hours ago, T.G. said:

Link?

So @Taylor - No response?

Typical.

Throw shit against the wall and when someone calls you on it, you become a cricket.

34 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Isn’t this the exact same thing @NJHalo said?

Maybe I’m confused, but Chuck posted it as if he heard it despite the wording being the same as NJHalo.

You're over thinking it.  There's no conspiracy.  I'm sure Chuck got his information from NJHalo.

NJHalo has shared "inside information" with this board and Chuck before.

1 minute ago, PattyD22 said:

NJhalo must be from New Jersey, Trout is from New Jersey, so it appears that NJhalo is Mike Trout, and Chuck’s connection is Mike Trout.

Its pretty simple.  Trout hates Rendon.

NJHalo has posted that his connection is a "baseball media celeb."

I'm not even sure what a baseball media celeb is.

8 hours ago, T.G. said:

Is it really?  I just have a hard time taking this kind of talk seriously when it comes from anonymous sources.  Maybe it is true.  I know the optics on Rendon looks bad, but I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt.  He once said "WATCHING baseball was boring" and people took that and turned it into "he HATES baseball." 

This isn't me defending him.  This is me trying to look at things objectively.  He's had bad luck.  He did something really stupid in Oakland.  I see all that.  Again, the optics look bad.  None of us really know the truth.  And it doesn't help that he won't speak to the media.  I get all that.

I just hope the truth comes out at some point, regardless of what that truth actually is.

I agree and maybe at this point it's self-pity. I mean, all the injuries and the "hate" from the fanbase could cause a player to go the other way. 

29 minutes ago, Torridd said:

I agree and maybe at this point it's self-pity. I mean, all the injuries and the "hate" from the fanbase could cause a player to go the other way. 

Maybe, but he still needs to put it behind him and get ready for next season.   He’s still owed $114 million, and needs to prove that he at least earns some of it.

9 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I don’t hate Rendon, @T.G.. At worst he’s just one of many mercenary athletes. I generally don’t hate other people - except for politicians and other ruling class types, whose actions actually harm others. Tendon’s negative impact is pretty contained.

That’s what they’re doing for a living.  Question is whether any of us would have made a different choice if we were in their shoes

8 hours ago, T.G. said:

Which is silly because not every advertising/marketing person is like Arte and to assume so is kind of dumb.

Ted Turner was an advertising guy, was in billboards until establishing CNN. Free agency wasn't as big a deal back then, but he was known to decide on his own to throw a lot of money at players in hope that it would inspire them to play better. He also spent money on players who he personally liked. It wasn't until he got out of the way on baseball decisions and let his baseball people call the shots that the Braves became a successful organization.

Here is what doesn't add up for me.

If he is a rotten apple, why did he jump out of the dugout with a cast and start swinging in the bench clearing brawl of 2022?

If he doesn't care about playing why did he come back off the IL at the end of 2022 so he could serve his 10 game suspension in 2022 and not have to miss the first 10 games of 2023?

Did he fool Moreno and Billy into giving him a big payday knowing that he was going to phone it in?

Was he secretly practicing fouling balls off of his shin?

It just doesn't all add up for me.

12 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

Here is what doesn't add up for me.

If he is a rotten apple, why did he jump out of the dugout with a cast and start swinging in the bench clearing brawl of 2022?

If he doesn't care about playing why did he come back off the IL at the end of 2022 so he could serve his 10 game suspension in 2022 and not have to miss the first 10 games of 2023?

Did he fool Moreno and Billy into giving him a big payday knowing that he was going to phone it in?

Was he secretly practicing fouling balls off of his shin?

It just doesn't all add up for me.

An excerpt from Rendon's favorite poem:

walt-whitman-i-contain-multitudes.png

34 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Ted Turner was an advertising guy, was in billboards until establishing CNN. Free agency wasn't as big a deal back then, but he was known to decide on his own to throw a lot of money at players in hope that it would inspire them to play better. He also spent money on players who he personally liked. It wasn't until he got out of the way on baseball decisions and let his baseball people call the shots that the Braves became a successful organization.

That still doesn't mean every marketing person would be a horrible owner.