• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Industry Opinion on Anthony Rendon & Arte Moreno

Chuck

Spoke to a former major league player and he confirmed it’s pretty much universally acknowledged that Rendon is considered a bad teammate. I know, not a shocker. 

What I don’t understand is what type of background did Arte and Eppler do before he was signed. You would think some type of basic due diligence would have provided enough information so that they could make an informed decision. 

4 minutes ago, bruin5 said:

Spoke to a former major league player and he confirmed it’s pretty much universally acknowledged that Rendon is considered a bad teammate. I know, not a shocker. 

Considering how easy it is for multiple users on this board to get info about Rendon being a bad clubhouse guy, I’m surprised no writer (Angels or national reporter) gets wind of this and writes about it.

Maybe your sources need to speak with Sam Blum, cause I’m sure he’d love to write an article calling out Rendon.

41 minutes ago, BTH said:

Considering how easy it is for multiple users on this board to get info about Rendon being a bad clubhouse guy, I’m surprised no writer (Angels or national reporter) gets wind of this and writes about it.

Maybe your sources need to speak with Sam Blum, cause I’m sure he’d love to write an article calling out Rendon.

Yeah, not sure this is going to happen. Major leaguers are like a group of Yentas. They talk among themselves but try to keep it within the circle. Besides, what is the upside of telling? 

41 minutes ago, bruin5 said:

Yeah, not sure this is going to happen. Major leaguers are like a group of Yentas. They talk among themselves but try to keep it within the circle. Besides, what is the upside of telling? 

And yet you seem to have all this inside information. 

see how easy this is….

I spoke to a friend who is a major leaguer and he said that all his teammates love Rendons snarky attitude toward the press.  He does what they wish they could do. 

2 minutes ago, bruin5 said:

Believe what you want. This wasn’t a stranger by any means. 

You were questioning why someone might tell a reporter, and I’m saying it might be for the same reason that someone told you.

Because they have a relationship and are willing to share the info with that person.

25 minutes ago, BTH said:

You were questioning why someone might tell a reporter, and I’m saying it might be for the same reason that someone told you.

Because they have a relationship and are willing to share the info with that person.

That’s fair. It used to be that reporters spent a number of years with the same team. Now they turn over much more frequently so there may not be the level of trust. I would think that Jeff Fletcher has some great relationships with certain players. Sam Blum not so much. 

49 minutes ago, bruin5 said:

That’s fair. It used to be that reporters spent a number of years with the same team. Now they turn over much more frequently so there may not be the level of trust. I would think that Jeff Fletcher has some great relationships with certain players. Sam Blum not so much. 

The LAT has been a carousel of beat writers.

DiGiovanna -> Miller -> Moura -> Torres -> Harris -> Valenzuela. All within the last like 6-8 years.

Yeah, Jeff definitely has the most relationships. Rhett’s now been around for 5ish years, but he doesn’t really do much news-breaking.

4 hours ago, bruin5 said:

It was a major leaguer who blew the whistle on the Astros cheating scandal. 

1 hour ago, bruin5 said:

Rendon is the Angels problem. Non Angels players are not affected by it. Astros cheating was everyone’s problem. 

I don’t disagree with you. I was pointing out one time that an active player broke code of silence.