• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Industry Opinion on Anthony Rendon & Arte Moreno

Chuck

Re: Rendon not talking

My policy is anyone has a right to not talk to me. I will note in the story that the person wouldn’t talk, and that’s it. 

The manner in which he didn’t talk (whether he’s nice about or a jerk about it) is not relevant to the readers so I don’t make it public. 

8 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

My policy is anyone has a right to not talk to me. I will note in the story that the person wouldn’t talk, and that’s it. 

The manner in which he didn’t talk (whether he’s nice about or a jerk about it) is not relevant to the readers so I don’t make it public. 

This is fine, but is that the only correct way to be a journalist? 

16 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Thank you for being an adult. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Do you think the players react to your questions differently than they do Blum?

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

This is fine, but is that the only correct way to be a journalist? 

No, but I’m sure it helps to earn the trust and respect of the players. Calling a player an asshole in public isn’t going to improve your standing with the team. Blum is a young low talent writer that hasn’t learned to play the game. Average adults (like me) can achieve some success in the workplace by picking their battles. As you progress wars can be won.

I deal with General officers regularly. Many are pompous assholes and not overly bright. As a professional you must have thick skin, learn their personalities, and decision making processes to achieve results. Pouting or talking shit about them publicly is a sure fire way to fail. At the end of the day, I have to understand where I am in the food chain. 

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

In general, it probably isn’t relevant.

Like when Rendon sarcastically says something like “I’m not here,” I don’t think it’s relevant.

But the way Blum skirted around whatever Rendon said the last time makes it seem like it was worse than usual. If it’s so bad even Blum doesn’t want to repeat it, I think it is relevant.

5 hours ago, BTH said:

In general, it probably isn’t relevant.

Like when Rendon sarcastically says something like “I’m not here,” I don’t think it’s relevant.

But the way Blum skirted around whatever Rendon said the last time makes it seem like it was worse than usual. If it’s so bad even Blum doesn’t want to repeat it, I think it is relevant.

I was there for the exchange. (In fact, I was the one going back and forth with Rendon while everyone else watched.) It was the same as his normal routine. It just went on for a little longer because I sort of cornered him, as opposed to the normal scene when he just says something as he’s walking away. 

45 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I was there for the exchange. (In fact, I was the one going back and forth with Rendon while everyone else watched.) It was the same as his normal routine. It just went on for a little longer because I sort of cornered him, as opposed to the normal scene when he just says something as he’s walking away. 

@Jeff Fletcher: Without going in to great detail, when Rendon is healthy and playing (which isn’t often), is he easier to work with? Does the surliness seem to coincide with injuries?