• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Industry Opinion on Anthony Rendon & Arte Moreno

Chuck

5 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Burn out happens. It also seems to happen more frequently to players with mega-contracts, and may explain why so many of them bust.

Even though that may be true, it is still funny to me that you can generalize that stuff and assume it's true with Rendon.

If you had said... "maybe he's burnt out" rather than "he's burnt out" - I'd accept that.  Maybe I'm nitpicking. 

Lots of fans on AW make assumptions and then state their opinion as if they're facts.  It's funny to me. 

While I cannot say who my source is, I can assure you if you knew who it was, you would not question his credibility. I will continue to be working with him on a project for work. 

While I am not a Rendon hater, his two latest contributions have been getting suspended for his involvement in a brawl while being on the IL, and getting into a fight with a fan. 

Just now, T.G. said:

Even thought that may be true, it is still funny to me that you can generalize that stuff and assume it's true with Rendon.

If you had said... "maybe he's burnt out" rather than "he's burnt out" - I'd accept that.  Maybe I’m nitpicking.

Yes, you are, and (MAYBE) ironically being an instance of your own complaint, by assuming certain things on limited data.

I mean, I get it. People make assumptions and judgments all the time and are often wrong. We could all be reminded of our own subjectivity and bias. 

Just now, NJHalo said:

While I cannot say who my source is, I can assure you if you knew who it was, you would not question his credibility. I will continue to be working with him on a project for work. 

While I am not a Rendon hater, his two latest contributions have been getting suspended for his involvement in a brawl while being on the IL, and getting into a fight with a fan. 

I'm surprised Mike Trout would open up to you like that.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

A3473B55-1361-4C32-B848-E8DC0368A936-1024x683.jpeg

You all know that I have defended Anthony Rendon and even Arte Moreno in the past here, so this isn't coming from one of the known haters here. 

I spoke to someone who has knowledge of Anthony Rendon behind the scenes and was told that the guy has one of the worst attitudes in MLB, and that he hates baseball in general now -- that he would love to quit, but realizes his contract is too good to walk away from, so the thought is that he will continue to milk this as long as he can.

As a side note, I was also told that Arte Moreno is known as the Jerry Jones of MLB. I mean that probably doesn't surprise many here, but thought I'd pass that along. 

Shows that when the owner dictates the big money FA to sign, this is what happens?

Seems that not enough due diligence was done on Rendon’s character before signing him?

One would think that being a businessman, Moreno would have understood that?

West Coast Angelos, the sooner he sells the team, the better.

Edited by Angel Oracle

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

I doubt it because most people already kind of felt this. It's just that it is confirmed. 

You can just see it on his face.  His contempt for baseball drips off of him.  I’m sorry that I’ve been dramatic about this in the past but how else can you view the situation with him.  He acts like he’s recovering from chemo every time something happens to him. He knows how big this season was for the Angels.  Doesn’t matter.  Can’t play if he’s not throughly 100%. Guys with literal broken legs move along faster than he does.  And then the attitude with the media.  This isn’t a person that gives a shit.  It’s obvious.  

anyway.  Fuck off Anthony.  Take your money and get the fuck out of here. Easily my most hated angel.  

7 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Shows that when the owner dictates the big money FA to sign, this is what happens?

Seems that not enough due diligence was done on Rendon’s character before signing him?

One would think that being a businessman, Moreno would have understood that?

West Coast Angelos, the sooner he sells the team, the better.

Arte is attracted by shiny baubles. Rendon led the majors in RBI in 2019 and was a key player in their remarkable comeback and eventual title. Ergo: a gazillion dollar free agent contract.

The Rendon we got was an injury prone above-average player, and now possibly a malingerer and malcontent. And we still owe him a ton of money.

You know what cures a lot of this blasé attitude and perception about player’s motivational drive?  Winning.  Plain and simple.  Winning cures a lot of what we see from players.

Look at the Braves.  Look at the Dodgers, Asstros, The Rays or Rangers right now.  So you see the same attitudes from those players as you do The Angels?  Hell no.

Now look at The Yankees.  The Mets, the Padres.  Do they look more like what you see on the Angels?  Yep.

Bottom line is guys like winning and when your team is shitty, maybe your owner is shitty, and maybe some of your “co-workers” have questionable attitudes or aren’t the greatest “team player”, you get what the Angels have right now and have had for the last several seasons.

A countdown till game 162 so it all ends.

17 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Arte is attracted by shiny baubles. Rendon led the majors in RBI in 2019 and was a key player in their remarkable comeback and eventual title. Ergo: a gazillion dollar free agent contract.

The Rendon we got was an injury prone above-average player, and now possibly a malingerer and malcontent. And we still owe him a ton of money.

To be fair, Rendon was an MVP caliber player from 2017-19 and into 2020. But everyone was surprised about his signing, and the size of the contract. I think the general consensus was that like most similar deals, it would be bad in the second half, but that the Angels would have a really good player for at least the first half.

Oh wait, that reminds me of someone.

52 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

You can just see it on his face.  His contempt for baseball drips off of him.  I’m sorry that I’ve been dramatic about this in the past but how else can you view the situation with him.  He acts like he’s recovering from chemo every time something happens to him. He knows how big this season was for the Angels.  Doesn’t matter.  Can’t play if he’s not throughly 100%. Guys with literal broken legs move along faster than he does.  And then the attitude with the media.  This isn’t a person that gives a shit.  It’s obvious.  

anyway.  Fuck off Anthony.  Take your money and get the fuck out of here. Easily my most hated angel.  

Any chance the Halos could get the remaining contract voided due to attitude detrimental to the team and MLB.   Then when Rendon and his agent threaten to take them to court, settle with them to pay out half the remaining salary ($57 million out of $114 million), which is a little less than what they paid out to Hamilton.

Pipe dream?

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

Any chance the Halos could get the remaining contract voided due to attitude detrimental to the team and MLB.   Then when Rendon and his agent threaten to take them to court, settle with them to pay out half the remaining salary ($57 million out of $114 million), which is a little less than what they paid out to Hamilton.

Pipe dream?

Zero chance.  Maybe they have some kind of insurance policy on him.  But who knows about any of that. 

52 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Which is why I live by the motto never hope for your team to be bought by an advertising/marketing person.

It seems to be all about the big splashes to generate revenue, with winning not necessarily a solid goal.