• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angel Trade Targets

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Who should the Angels pursue (if they are not trading Ohtani)?

I think it makes some sense to trade some prospects for an impact player that is controllable beyond this year.

Any ideas?

The only rental I’d trade for is Giolito since he’s local and there’s at least a chance for an extension. As for guys with control, Civale, maybe?  

41 minutes ago, Stradling said:

The only rental I’d trade for is Giolito since he’s local and there’s at least a chance for an extension. As for guys with control, Civale, maybe?  

Jack Flaherty fits the bill somewhat similarly to Giolito.

A SP, at least one vet reliever, and folks staying/returning healthy + a win streak and they’re back in it.

Edited by totdprods

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Civale does have past IL history.

Five stints since 2021, no more than 21 starts in any season

Agreed on Giolito, gives you innings and good stuff, control solid enough.  Doyyers will also be hot after him.

What would it take to get Giolito, provided the Halos are only a handful of games out of 3rd WC spot at the most on July 31?

Edited by Angel Oracle

3 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

He meant to use in the 10th or 11th behind Estevez.  Don’t forget he knows situational baseball. 

I meant to use in a situation like last night when Estevez "wasn't available", or the night before when the SP forced them to run out of relievers.   Sad that things need to be explained at kindergarten level with you.

10 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

I meant to use in a situation like last night when Estevez "wasn't available", or the night before when the SP forced them to run out of relievers.   Sad that things need to be explained at kindergarten level with you.

I’m still confused.  Can you explain it to me at a pre-k level?

9 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

I'm confused, y'all want Angels to go for it and add pieces? 

Seriously.  Our pitching has so many holes, what would we even trade for?  Our farm system is one of the worst in baseball, who are we moving to get someone like Giolito vs. the 10+ other interested teams?  Even Giolito has been about a 1.5 WAR player this year.  He might give us one additional win over the course of these last couple months, probably less adding him to a six man rotation.  

It's funny too that people are saying how disappointing the Padres have been and might sell off Soto to us, when they have a +30 better run differential than us...

Keeping Ohtani and selling off even more of our already barren system when we're 6+ games back of the WC would be a very Angels thing to do though, so I wouldn't be surprised if we're buyers.

Just now, Reveille1984 said:

Seriously.  Our pitching has so many holes, what would we even trade for?  Our farm system is one of the worst in baseball, who are we moving to get someone like Giolito vs. the 10+ other interested teams?  Even Giolito has been about a 1.5 WAR player this year.  He might give us one additional win over the course of these last couple months, probably less adding him to a six man rotation.  

It's funny too that people are saying how disappointing the Padres have been and might sell off Soto to us, when they have a +30 better run differential than us...

Keeping Ohtani and selling off even more of our already barren system when we're 6+ games back of the WC would be a very Angels thing to do though, so I wouldn't be surprised if we're buyers.

How is the farm system barren when it keeps churning out major leaguers? You are just regurgitating dumbass rankings. Solid take 6.3 out of 10

12 minutes ago, Reveille1984 said:

run differential doesn't matter for shit. but natters is that we're closer to a playoff spot than the padres.