• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

9 minutes ago, James said:

Rangers signing Heaney would make sense. Health wise, him and DeGrom are similar. 

Rangers have done a really good job with those mid-tier SP signings of late. Gray, Gibson, Perez, Lynn…I wouldn’t be surprised if someone like Heaney or Bundy (Oklahoma boys) or Syndergaard (DFW) wound up there on a deal akin to Tyler Anderson’s and produced really well in that ballpark.

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

Rangers have done a really good job with those mid-tier SP signings of late. Gray, Gibson, Perez, Lynn…I wouldn’t be surprised if someone like Heaney or Bundy (Oklahoma boys) or Syndergaard (DFW) wound up there on a deal akin to Tyler Anderson’s and produced really well in that ballpark.

I will disagree that Heaney at four years (which is what is being said) would be good for any club. History would show that is simply not going to be the case. He is a head case and injured far too often. 

1 minute ago, James said:

I will disagree that Heaney at four years (which is what is being said) would be good for any club. History would show that is simply not going to be the case. He is a head case and injured far too often. 

Might not be four years. Or if it is, it might go the way the Lynn and Gibson contracts did (and nearly Perez too) where they flip him a year or two in if he’s producing. Getting Mike Maddox back at pitching coach is significant too. I think the Rangers could be a real pain real fast.

• Blarg changed the title to Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread
8 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

btw the two SS's that the Angels have checked in on that I posted about last night was Nico Hoerner of the Cubs and Brendon Rodgers of the Rockies. 

Rodgers might be much more affordable to trade for. I'm just weary of trading away the depth it looks like we finally have. 

Keep the depth and sign top talent. Angels would finally have a good mixture of it all if they did.

2 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Rodgers might be much more affordable to trade for. I'm just weary of trading away the depth it looks like we finally have. 

Keep the depth and sign top talent. Angels would finally have a good mixture of it all if they did.

There’s a budget of some sort. So even if we trade for a SS it doesn’t mean they won’t sign another good starter or pen piece. 

12 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

btw the two SS's that the Angels have checked in on that I posted about last night was Nico Hoerner of the Cubs and Brendon Rodgers of the Rockies. 

Hoerner would seem to be the likely play if the Cubs secure a star SS.

Rodgers is interesting.  He had a lot of promise but it has largely gone unfulfilled.  The Rockies are an awful organization though, so perhaps we could help extract more value out of him.