• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

Win now.... Oh well haha

Edited by angelsnationtalk

3 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

That is probably the signing that should set off a ripple effect.  If he goes to the Giants, I expect to see the Yankees immediately pivot to Rodon and probably Correa.  

I’m sticking with the Orioles surprising everyone and getting Correa. They need a big name to anchor their young team and there’s an Astros connection with their GM. 

I think LAD and NYY are wanting to keep flexibility in case Ohtani hits free agency, tbh, and might not be as serious on big names. They’ll bid on some, sure, but I think they both may prefer living lower this off-season.

3 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I’m sticking with the Orioles surprising everyone and getting Correa. They need a big name to anchor their young team and there’s an Astros connection with their GM. 

I think LAD and NYY are wanting to keep flexibility in case Ohtani hits free agency, tbh, and might not be as serious on big names. They’ll bid on some, sure, but I think they both may prefer living lower this off-season.

If the Yankees lose Judge, I think they will need to make a corresponding move, as their fanbase will be LIVID.  I think, at the minimum, they'd sign Rodon.

I have a feeling the Dodgers are all-in on Ohtani next year and will stay below the LT this year.  They are going to have a "reset" year, then next year spend a ton.  I hope our next owner can give Ohtani a blank check and that would be enough to entice him, but it is possible that Ohtani might just go to the team he feels gives him the best shot of winning, even if they offer a lot less.  If that is the case, it might be hard to outcompete the Dodgers.  I feel like they'd give him a short-term, super high AAV type contract, like 3/180 or whatever.

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

btw the two SS's that the Angels have checked in on that I posted about last night was Nico Hoerner of the Cubs and Brendon Rodgers of the Rockies. 

Seems like it’d be difficult for the Angels to acquire either, unless they’d part with major league pitching.

5 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I would absolutely love for all the free agents to sign, all the trades finish up, and then Shohei to sign an extension and leave them both up a creek without a paddle.

4 minutes ago, James said:

Not if you don't think much of the pitcher which I don't. I also think they have signed two guys where health is an issue as well. Being on the field is the first step to performing. 

You forget -- Heaney would look pretty good for like 2-3 starts per year. Those are ALL coming against the Angels. His other 14 starts? Eh.....