• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

1 minute ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

17.5M for Bellinger, lol.

Dude has become the Andrew Velazquez of Center Field. Until he can prove otherwise, that's what he has become.

Kinda, yeah.  While he was insanely bad in 2021, he did have that leg injury that likely factored into his performance.  Still, looking at this season, you can basically expect the following:  great CF defense, a fair amount of HRs (especially in Wrigley), and tons of Ks and awful swings.

2 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I hope so plus need pitching

I will be very interested to see how that teams does over the next few years.  They literally have no one on the payroll next year - I think their current luxury tax estimate is like 35mil.  That is crazy.  Even if they add Judge, they can probably add like 3-4 more superstars if they want and come in below the luxury tax.

33 minutes ago, Biergott said:

tumbleweed GIF

Exactly lol.  Maybe the MLB asked clubs to wait to announce things until after the MLB draft lottery tonight, so as to not detract from it?  We'll see.  If you want to read into stuff, that one Lion dude is hosting Twitter spaces right after the lottery ends, so if you are in the camp that feels he actually has info, maybe you can optimistically think that a lot of stuff will start to break tonight 😉 

Take it for whatever its worth but the retired Puerto Rican baseball player who called Verlander to the Mets (almost to the exact amount) a day or two before it was made official is posting that with Judge in the bag, the Giants will turn to Correa and he could sign with them in the upcoming days. 

Based off of reddit users, he has a decent track record. According to them, he also broke Chapman, Yimi Garcia, and Semien to the Jays the last couple years.

4b3ucoz7ve4a1.jpg

4 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Take it for whatever its worth but the retired Puerto Rican baseball player who called Verlander to the Mets (almost to the exact amount) a day or two before it was made official is posting that with Judge in the bag, the Giants will turn to Correa and he could sign with them in the upcoming days. 

Based off of reddit users, he has a decent track record. According to them, he also broke Chapman, Yimi Garcia, and Semien to the Jays the last couple years.

4b3ucoz7ve4a1.jpg

I'm sure he's got sources, but I think he also announced that Freddie Freeman was signing with the Blue Jays last year, which obviously didn't exactly happen.

That said, the Giants have a lot of money, so it would not surprise me to see them sign both.  That would be one helluva offseason, and the Yankees will be left out in the cold, which I would very much enjoy lol.

3 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

4b3ucoz7ve4a1.jpg

Carlos Baerga?

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

And if I remember correctly, didn't he start reverting to his old self towards the end? Like started hot, "wow, then fixed him", but ended up "yeah that's him"?

Yeah, he started to pitch poorly towards the end of the year, giving up tons of HRs.  The Dodgers helped amplify his swing and miss stuff, but they still couldn't really truly "fix" him I'd say.

10 hours ago, Jason said:

Not a terrible idea at all. I feel like Ward is going to underwhelm us this season 

you could be right and i could be wrong, but i feel exactly the opposite. his bat was big boy big, not just hot, for an extended period and it looked like it was approach driven, imo. secondly, the shoulder injury destroyed him and he came back not really healthy trying to help the team because our depth sucked. once he got healthy again, he went right back to the same results as earlier. i think he unlocked his potential with an advanced approach, we'll see about league adjustments and whether or not i'm totally full of shit or not.