• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

7 hours ago, TempeAngel said:

I do not concur. There is a case to be made the 2020 WS Championship was more difficult to achieve than a full season World Series Championship.

Except for the reality that it reduced the regular season and everything that could happen over 162 games to 60 games.

The post-season was likely more volatile, but getting there at full strength was a hell of a lot easier.

6 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

The Astros are starting to annoy me.

I am resigned to the fact that they will be very good perpetually.  I thought that the penalties for cheating would have gutted them, but it clearly did not.  The only positive is their farm system looks rather weak, but that clearly has not slowed them down.

All we can do is focus on our team and improve.  Even if the Astros keep taking the division, history is littered with wild card teams that win it all, including our beloved 2002 Angels.  We just gotta get to the dance.

58 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Except for the reality that it reduced the regular season and everything that could happen over 162 games to 60 games.

The post-season was likely more volatile, but getting there at full strength was a hell of a lot easier.

I just think it's BS that some of us Angels fans want to discount the Dodgers WS win. Every team played by the same rules. Get over it.

In a 60 game season all it would take is a 3 week slump and a team may not even make the playoffs. Over 162 games it's likely the best teams are playing in October.

4 minutes ago, TempeAngel said:

I just think it's BS that some of us Angels fans want to discount the Dodgers WS win. Every team played by the same rules. Get over it.

In a 60 game season all it would take is a 3 week slump and a team may not even make the playoffs. Over 162 games it's likely the best teams are playing in October.

If I call the Dodger wives shanks, are you going to post photos of them and say that many of them are actually quite pretty?

Angels fans absolutely should fully rag on the Covid championship.  They would do the same.

3 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Haven’t we always known that many free agents don’t simply take the highest offer?

Not everyone here does even after Pujols and CJ Wilson got offered more money from the Marlins. There was discussion here in this thread that free agents just go to whatever team offers the most.