• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LA Times owner Patrick Soon-Shiong exploring a bid for the Angels

mmc

32 minutes ago, eligrba said:

I'm collecting cans as fast as I am able to so I can make a competitive offer.  Any help would be appreciated.

I have an old Eli Grba signed baseball you can have.

5 minutes ago, Trendon said:

“The sale process is not expected to heat up until the offseason, but Golden State Warriors owner Joe Lacob, investors from Japan and investors from Southern California are among parties considering whether to bid.”

https://www.latimes.com/sports/angels/story/2022-09-10/angels-sale-la-times-owner-considering-bid-to-buy-team

If price of aluminum goes up Eligrba will be in the mix

Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong, owner of the Los Angeles Times, is reportedly considering a bid to buy the Angels.

Soon-Shiong’s interest in the Angels was first reported by Sportico.

Angels owner Arte Moreno announced last month that he is considering selling the Angels. The process is likely to take months, at best. It could even take years.

Soon-Shiong partnered with Steve Cohen in an attempt to buy the Dodgers in 2012. Cohen eventually purchased the New York Mets.

Soon-Shiong is a minority owner of the Lakers.

Golden State Warriors owner Joe Lacob, who attended UC Irvine and worked at Angel Stadium when he was young, is also widely considered a likely candidate to bid for the Angels.

View the full article

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

10 years ago, this would have made more sense.  But that he is 70 is concerning.  Would mean a short term 10-20 years before we need another owner.  And in that 10-20, would he really want to invest heavily in the team?  

Yeah he's moving out of sports team ownership age and into run for president age.

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

10 years ago, this would have made more sense.  But that he is 70 is concerning.  Would mean a short term 10-20 years before we need another owner.  And in that 10-20, would he really want to invest heavily in the team?  

Yes, he would want to spend because he cannot spend it when he is gone. I would also like to get my old paper route back.

5 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I'd almost guarantee he'd go balls out.  Mlb might not want him though.